What Don't I Know?

TBWG

Trying to book a flight on their website, Bangkok to Buriram during April.

However, the site will only accept bookings for Buriram during March. Other destinations allow later dates, why not Buriram.

Doe's anyone know if flights cease in April or has the contract not been renewed?

Thanks

TBWG :o

Tried a quick check on the PB site and seems OK ....but stopped cause I dont want to go to Buri........

happy mems....

NO. INT FIRST NAME * MID NAME LAST NAME * AGE FARE (BHT.)

1 MR MS >12yrs 4,720

PAY BY CREDIT CARD TOTAL AMOUNT( Taxes included )

*4,720.00* BAHT.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO CONFIRM THIS RESERVATION

First Name Middle Name Last Name

Card authorized ***

*** Remark : Leave name blank if authorized name same as the 1st name above.

E-mail * RequiredInvalid E-mail

Telephone

NO. DEPARTURE ARRIVAL

1. 9Q890 WED, 15 MAR 2006

BANGKOK , 0610 WED, 15 MAR 2006

BURIRAM , 0700

2. 9Q891 SAT, 25 MAR 2006

BURIRAM , 0720 SAT, 25 MAR 2006

BANGKOK , 0810

Term and conditions :

1. Please picked up confirmed travel doccuments at PBAir airport office at least 60 minutes prior to schedule time. ID verification is mandatory.

2. Please contact your nearest PBAir office for any change in this booking or refund. Kindly note that administration fees will be applied.

3. Domestic airport departure tax is 50 baht per person per sector.

4. Taxes are included except where local airport taxes are collected at check-in time.

5. Domestic insurance surcharge is 110 baht (3 US dollars) per person per sector.

6. International insurance surcharge is 150 baht (4 US dollars) per person per sector.

7. Domestic Fuel surcharge is 550 baht (15 US dollars) per person per sector.

8. International Fuel surcharge is 1,000 baht (25 US dollars) per person per sector.

Sorree...quick update...you said April.......

according to timetable its only giving you availability to Buriram until March...also Nan and Mae Hong Son.....MCjai....poss email em...

Sorree...quick update...you said April.......

according to timetable its only giving you availability to Buriram until March...also Nan and Mae Hong Son.....MCjai....poss email em...

Hi Rinrada

Yes, April seems to be a no no, I have e-mailed them but so far no response.

S'pose I'll have to wait until I am in LOS, face to face.

Seems an awful lot of Surcharges!! The train is looking more attractive by the minute!

Thanks TBWG :D:o:D

Found this on PB web site

They only travel to Buriram On Mondays leaving Bangkok at 09.00am

9Q892 effective 26 March to 28 oct

Go to pb web site and click on the summer schedule

Fantastic planning for songkran period

Hi Wozza

On the summer schedule it says flights round to Oct 06 but the booking site will only allow Buriram bookings for March. Other destinations are OK but not Buriram.

Thats what prompted my original post. :o

TBWG

I've just looked up the web-site and it's mon 09.00 wed 07.20 sat 07.20

But do not trust their web-site. In January they gave the flights for Buriram as Tues Thurs and Sun, I checked with them and they said the web-site was right, but I did not believe them and phoned the travel agent and they said mon,wed,sat.

The Majestic hotel also told a guy that was flying on sat that the flight was sunday, but he phoned me first and I took him to the airport on Sat and caught the flight. This happens all the time with web-sites run by thais. They change it every five years. This year a man E-mailed me from the states and another from Holland saying I had got the Elephant festival dates wrong. They had both looked on thaifocus.com and it said that the festival was five days earlier than it was. I tried it and sure enough it was wrong. I phoned them up, and after three or four phone calls they changed it. Another thing on Thaifocus was, that if you clicked on Elephant Festival: Flights to Surin, it gave you a booking form for Phuket. I pulled them up over this two years ago, but it was the same last year (see posts)

I've just looked up the web-site and it's mon 09.00 wed 07.20 sat 07.20

But do not trust their web-site. In January they gave the flights for Buriram as Tues Thurs and Sun, I checked with them and they said the web-site was right, but I did not believe them and phoned the travel agent and they said mon,wed,sat.

The Majestic hotel also told a guy that was flying on sat that the flight was sunday, but he phoned me first and I took him to the airport on Sat and caught the flight. This happens all the time with web-sites run by thais. They change it every five years. This year a man E-mailed me from the states and another from Holland saying I had got the Elephant festival dates wrong. They had both looked on thaifocus.com and it said that the festival was five days earlier than it was. I tried it and sure enough it was wrong. I phoned them up, and after three or four phone calls they changed it. Another thing on Thaifocus was, that if you clicked on Elephant Festival: Flights to Surin, it gave you a booking form for Phuket. I pulled them up over this two years ago, but it was the same last year (see posts)

Hi Lampard10

I think the PB site is accurate, they seem a professional operator, but just can't book any April flightsvia internet!

I think maybe when they took over from Phuket Air they might have only got 3 month trial licence for the Buriram route.

Not a big problem if I can't book once in LOS then I will resort to Train.

Will try to pop in to FC whilst in LOS :o

TBWG :D

the USUAL reason why airlines (or any bisnis) does this is:

they are NOT yet sure if they wil fly then, or if, at what times. to avoid too many angry passengers and to avoid to many calls to booked passengers, and as in Thailand the average customer does not book till a week or so before, and also not that often via web its simply: well see later whatson.

the same happens all the time in Russia and other countries where same same reasoning applies.

and yes, buses run daily, every 60 mins, plus the odd train too.

but agree with above that the way the average Thai firm does its webistes is also, im-provable, again: just remember the times when the same happened in the west/your country, like 4 years ago?

'Hi TBWB

I see what you mean They only have march in the drop box for booking tickets

The price of the ticket seems to have increased dramaticly since i last flew there with Phuket airlines

Also beware ; the price shown is not the full price. Single is 2,300 and return 4,600

'Hi TBWB

I see what you mean They only have march in the drop box for booking tickets

The price of the ticket seems to have increased dramaticly since i last flew there with Phuket airlines

Also beware ; the price shown is not the full price. Single is 2,300 and return 4,600

If anybody is in the slightest bit interested .............. PB air have replied to my e-mail saying flights are continuing to BFV (Buriram) and that if I care to send them details of Passengers they will reserve me seats.

All in all they seem professional ( I have found that the majority of Thai companies just do not bother to reply to e-mails) Having said they are on the ball, it does not explain why their booking site will not allow bookings after March :o

TBWG :D