Barisan Revolusi Nasional ( B R N ) Wants Thai Troops Out Of Far South

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) separatist movement has set nine conditions for peace talks in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow with the Thai government, a security source said yesterday.

Probably lost in translation, but I read this as nine conditions to be met before peace talks can be held. Reading the two news posts I guess the nine conditions are discussion points only.

BTW nine conditions, but only eight described?

Jeeze, unbelievable demands.

I would tell them all to F off. This is Thailand, Love it, or Leave it.

No one wants them. That is why Malaysia is helping in the negotiations. They want nothing to do with terrorists. Most of the European countries are fed up with them.

No one wants them. That is why Malaysia is helping in the negotiations. They want nothing to do with terrorists. Most of the European countries are fed up with them.

With the oil and gas in that region, Thailand most definitely does want to keep a hold of those Malay provinces.

Except that it wasn't until the British gave it to Siam, and that the vast majority of the population is Muslim Malay, and that the culture is inherently different from Thai culture, etc, etc, etc.

Hate to break your bubble but the Muslims are not the only ethnic group in Thailand with different customs and beliefs.

They are the only ones who believe it is OK to kill innocent strangers. Kill teachers in their class room in front of the young students even cut there heads off. Shoot shop keepers for being open an a day they don't approve of and the list goes on. Name me one other ethnic group that believes these things are OK and proceeds to carry them out.

Don't give us that England gave them to Siam BS before England had them some one else had them and before that some one else had them. Wake up this is 2013 not 1908 or 1555 or what ever else time you are trying to live in.

You carry on like the Muslims were not allowed to practice there religion as they see fit, Not true. What they are not allowed to do is force their laws on other religions.

If you were an American I suppose you would be trying to give it back to the native people or an Englishman you would be trying to give it back to the Pict's and the list goes on ad infinitum of who owned what when.

You have overlooked that, at least in the public domain, none of the separatist/militants groups have previously claimed they are "not allowed to practice their religion as they see fit". Please provide proof, other than unsubstantiated opinions, where Muslims in the deep South have attempted to force Sharia Law on other faiths. If the talks gain traction, currently very questionable, I would assume the Thai government may permit Sharia law, but not for non Muslims as is the case in Malaysia. As repeated many times unlikely due to "Nation, King & Religion". A quote from a Reuters article published a few days ago below: source:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/us-thailand-conflict-insight-idUSBRE92O0Z420130325

"This round of talks will not result in any formal deals," said Paradorn Pattanathabutr, secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC), Thailand's lead agency in the process. "We will ask them to reduce violence towards certain groups and soft targets."

Regards turning back the clock, many countries have obtained independence after centuries of foreign occupation/colonisation. For some regional areas within a country a form of autonomy has been granted after years of conflict and the associated killings by both sides of the disputes. It looks as though this will eventually happen in the deep South, but after how much more loss of blood and treasure by the Thai State and the local Thai Malay community?

• Like 2

And over whose "dead body" are these demands going to happen?

The local Thais.............

Despite the talks, the violence continued unabated. Muhammadsata Dosama, 35, former deputy president of the Batong Tambon Administration Organisation, was wounded at 5.30am while riding a motorcycle to check the progress of a local school event. Men waiting in roadside bushes shot at him with an M16 assault rifle, then fled.

My Father who was in the Army in India before and during the making of Packistan said , that the Muslems will not stop until the whole world is bathed in Islam.

Usual anti-Muslim bigots out in force it seems. Intelligence reflected in the spelling.

My intelligence has nothing to do with my spelling which is well known on forums if all you can do is pick on my spelling then what i have writen has gone home to your brain , and maybe your spell check works better than mine does.

Hate to break your bubble but the Muslims are not the only ethnic group in Thailand with different customs and beliefs.

They are the only ones who believe it is OK to kill innocent strangers. Kill teachers in their class room in front of the young students even cut there heads off. Shoot shop keepers for being open an a day they don't approve of and the list goes on. Name me one other ethnic group that believes these things are OK and proceeds to carry them out.

Don't give us that England gave them to Siam BS before England had them some one else had them and before that some one else had them. Wake up this is 2013 not 1908 or 1555 or what ever else time you are trying to live in.

You carry on like the Muslims were not allowed to practice there religion as they see fit, Not true. What they are not allowed to do is force their laws on other religions.

If you were an American I suppose you would be trying to give it back to the native people or an Englishman you would be trying to give it back to the Pict's and the list goes on ad infinitum of who owned what when.

They were Malay sultanates that the Siamese claimed sovereignty over. The British handed them lock-stock to the Siamese in 1909. They have been fighting for independence from the Siamese for some time before that period. An additional seven Malay provinces that Siam claimed sovereignty over now form part of Malaysia. Siam was forced to concede these provinces to the British.

Muslims in the four Southern provinces despite making up 90% of the population are religiously, culturally and educationally repressed and as a result we have a conflict which has claimed well over 5,000 lives in the last 8 years alone. Don't take my word for it, the panel set up by Thaksin and led by former PM Anand found that this repression was endemic and systematic. Abuses by the security forces also exacerbate the tension.

• Like 2

Except that it wasn't until the British gave it to Siam, and that the vast majority of the population is Muslim Malay, and that the culture is inherently different from Thai culture, etc, etc, etc.

You have overlooked that, at least in the public domain, none of the separatist/militants groups have previously claimed they are "not allowed to practice their religion as they see fit". Please provide proof, other than unsubstantiated opinions, where Muslims in the deep South have attempted to force Sharia Law on other faiths. If the talks gain traction, currently very questionable, I would assume the Thai government may permit Sharia law, but not for non Muslims as is the case in Malaysia. As repeated many times unlikely due to "Nation, King & Religion". A quote from a Reuters article published a few days ago below: source:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/us-thailand-conflict-insight-idUSBRE92O0Z420130325

"This round of talks will not result in any formal deals," said Paradorn Pattanathabutr, secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC), Thailand's lead agency in the process. "We will ask them to reduce violence towards certain groups and soft targets."

Regards turning back the clock, many countries have obtained independence after centuries of foreign occupation/colonisation. For some regional areas within a country a form of autonomy has been granted after years of conflict and the associated killings by both sides of the disputes. It looks as though this will eventually happen in the deep South, but after how much more loss of blood and treasure by the Thai State and the local Thai Malay community?

Try walking down the street in KL holding your wife's hand if you are a non Muslim. And to the best of my understanding Malaysia is only 40% Muslim.

As for turning back the clock you can keep turning it back for centuries and see where countries were parts of another country. You just choose to go as far as to justify the slaughter created by the Muslims in the Deep South. Keep digging I believe you will find at one time they were Hindu.

As I said pick the century you wish to live in and ignore this is 2013

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

My Father who was in the Army in India before and during the making of Packistan said , that the Muslems will not stop until the whole world is bathed in Islam.

Usual anti-Muslim bigots out in force it seems. Intelligence reflected in the spelling.

My intelligence has nothing to do with my spelling which is well known on forums if all you can do is pick on my spelling then what i have writen has gone home to your brain , and maybe your spell check works better than mine does.

He intellectually agrees with you but does not want to admit it so he picks on non related items.

I can under stand problems spelling some times mine is so bad my spell checker can't understand it and I have to change the word.

I have seen Imen on BBC claiming that they are going to take over the world.

Try walking down the street in KL holding your wife's hand if you are a non Muslim. And to the best of my understanding Malaysia is only 40% Muslim.

Never had a problem in KL with my Thai gf.

In fact, I found that even in more urban and non-touristy areas, the locals were friendlier that the Thais for the most part.

I was on my way back from a training course to the hotel in Johor Bharu when I was offered a lift by a complete stranger. Never have I encountered such hospitality in Thailand.

Have you ever been?

Edited by FarangTalk

You always come up with such utter rubbish . . . simply amazing.

Ok, that is expplained by your best understanding being so fundamentally wrong and your seeming inability to use the internet to check out the most basic questions you may have.

Ok, I'll help you:

Malaysia %of population Muslim: close to 62% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Malaysia Really, your 'best' understanding is as ridiculous as your 'worst' or even 'better' understanding.

Next point: Walking down the street holding my wife's hand . . . not being a Muslim . . . Are you for real or just too anchored in your constant anti-Malaysia, anti-Muslim bigotry to see reality? I'm not Muslim, neither is my wife - we hold hands quite happily anywhere, thanks. (Oh, we have lived/worked in Malaysia for the last four years)

Any more nonsensical points from you?

• Like 1

Noted they have not taken into account any requests by the Thai Buddhists in the South. Ignorance and arrogant demands by a terrorist group and they are being allowed to negotiate a deal? Backed of course by the Islamic administration looking to penetrate more peaceful countries globally. Pigs can fly too. I am with the US on this - no negotiation with terrorists.

cheesy.gif Pigs can indeed fly . . . in your warped world

And what about the people who live there that don't want these conditions??

When terrorists dictate 'negotiated' terms and (if) a government accepts those terms then the precedent has been set.

Violence works!

Who will be held to account for the thousands of deaths - including the 9 year old killed only last week whilst buying an ice cream at his fathers shop?

The 10% of the population that isn't Muslim? You're right - let the 90% keep on suffering.

If nothing is done then this violence will just continue and continue and continue

Yes, well . . . historically it is theirs . . . you should try reading a bit of history

@hellodolly: Your post #44. I have never justified killings by Muslims in the deep South. FYI more Muslims are being murdered by in the deep South, than non Muslims; from media reports usually by military weapons e.g. M16s

Edited by simple1

@hellodolly: Your post #44. I have never justified killings by Muslims in the deep South. FYI more Muslims are being murdered by in the deep South, than non Muslims; from media reports usually by military weapons e.g. M16s

Sisyphean trying to get any sort of logic or normal discussion out of the guy . . . He's too much of a bigot to see anything else, surprisingly he hasn't screamed out about how much he loves Thailand in this thread

In fact, I found that even in more urban and non-touristy areas, the locals were friendlier that the Thais for the most part.

I was on my way back from a training course to the hotel in Johor Bharu when I was offered a lift by a complete stranger. Never have I encountered such hospitality in Thailand.

Have you ever been?

As a matter of fact I have been there. Got ripped off by cab drivers same as in Thailand have meter no use it. With one exception.

At the time the Lawyers association was in the process of getting the law changed to affect all people in Thailand from holding the hand of a member of the opposite sex. Do you walk around Thailand holding hands with your Thai girl friend?

The so called moderates, those who try to assist the Thai State and wish to see a cessation of killings of civilians (teachers etc) by informing are regularly being murdered. In the deep South the main group leaders have also spoken out against these acts. Same goes for moderates in the Islamic States e.g. such as in Pakistan who speak out against such things as the blasphemy laws and the attack on the young girl that created mass protests against the extremists.

The Western media tends not to report on moderate voices, but below are some examples from an article in the New York Times.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/perspectives/thomas-l-friedman-moderate-muslims-speak-up-655266/

The so called moderates, those who try to assist the Thai State and wish to see a cessation of killings of civilians (teachers etc) by informing are regularly being murdered. In the deep South the main group leaders have also spoken out against these acts. Same goes for moderates in the Islamic States e.g. such as in Pakistan who speak out against such things as the blasphemy laws and the attack on the young girl that created mass protests against the extremists.

The Western media tends not to report on moderate voices, but below are some examples from an article in the New York Times.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/perspectives/thomas-l-friedman-moderate-muslims-speak-up-655266/

Keep trying we are not in Pakistan and this is not the Western press it is the Thai press. Admittedly not the best source of information. But defiantly not western. This effort rates a C-

It is talking about the happenings in it's own country not other countries.

If the leaders of the main groups have spoken out on these issues why don't they tell their followers.

I have never heard of them speaking out against the murders unless they are in a press interview. Why are they not preaching against it in their mosques urging the people to turn in the murders?

It is not like no one knows who they are. As the video says silence means consent.

Keep trying we are not in Pakistan and this is not the Western press it is the Thai press. Admittedly not the best source of information. But defiantly not western. This effort rates a C-

It is talking about the happenings in it's own country not other countries.

If the leaders of the main groups have spoken out on these issues why don't they tell their followers.

I have never heard of them speaking out against the murders unless they are in a press interview. Why are they not preaching against it in their mosques urging the people to turn in the murders?

It is not like no one knows who they are. As the video says silence means consent.

Waste of time responding in detail to you

• Like 1

Posts making sweeping generalisations about Muslims have been removed and I am losing my patience. The next poster who thinks it's ok to paint all Muslims with the same brush will be suspended for 7 days - promise!

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Have you ever been?

As a matter of fact I have been there. Got ripped off by cab drivers same as in Thailand have meter no use it. With one exception.

At the time the Lawyers association was in the process of getting the law changed to affect all people in Thailand from holding the hand of a member of the opposite sex. Do you walk around Thailand holding hands with your Thai girl friend?

It's tough for you to follow a thread, isn't it . . .

Now it's holding your Thai girlfriend's hand in Thailand . . . getting ripped off by taxi drivers . . .

Good grief . . .

It seems simple enough that the way to have troops removed from the southern provinces is to stop killing people of whatever faith/ethnicity.

And that the troops are also doing the killing . . . Thaksin anyone?

Muslim, non-Muslim, bigot, non-bigot, what does it have to do with the clear fact that some certain group of people in the South are murdering people?

Call them what you will, they need to be stopped. My guess is that the talks will do no good. Talks just buy time for an adversary. Look at the years of talks with N. Korea and all the while they were developing their nukes and rockets. Talk may be cheap, but it can work against you with someone who is intent on killing.

These people are murderers and they need to be stopped. I predict that if they are ever stopped, it will require force. It is like a police action against criminals. Nice talking won't do the same as locking them up or if necessary, killing them. They are killers.

Again, it isn't just the insurgent Muslims killing people, it is also the army and the army-weapons-supplied Thai version of the Buddhist militia . . .

It's a whole mess down there and blaming one side only is not only ridiculous but also flies in the face of history and fact

• Like 1