New Canon 650D

Hi guys I've been interested in photography for sometime but only as an outsider. Well I've bought a new camera canon rebel t4i 650d. I'm going to want some lenses and was wondering if their any cheaper in Bangkok than in he uk where I am now?

So any advice is welcome, and possibly a recommend on a good shop in Bangkok or if their are any airports that are good value coming over from the uk as I've not booked my ticket yet.

Thanks

650D, nice camera. It has already been superseded by the 700 with such minor changes that I really wonder why they did it, prob just for marketing the latest and greatest.

Cameras and lenses are 20% more expensive in Thailand than USA, even though many of them are made here. It really is frustrating. Camera World (stores all over the place seem to consistently have the best prices.

I have a mate who assures me it is cheaper to fly to Hong Kong, buy there and return.

My next big purchase may be from there, I see Digital Rev in HK upgrade Nikons & Canons to a world wide (well includes Thailand) manufacture warranty, I don't know much about that though.

Have bought a few lenses through fotofile in MBK, Bangkok. The staff have been good and haven't had an issue with the lenses. The prices are a lot better than down here, especially with the 7% VAT refund for tourists, but we (Aussies) really do get shafted when it comes to top end lenses - Tamron and Sigma not so much though.

The US seems cheap, have bought a few things from B&H and Adorama with no dramas.

Enjoy the 650 - looks a good thing.