Visa For Wife And Child

My wife, son and I are coming to Pattaya in July. we all will have B visas with two journeys. I will convert my visa to a retirement OA visa. my question is . . . once I do this, what type visa can I get for my wife and son? will they be required to do 90 day visa runs?

Dick Cooper

Not quite sure why you are applying for "B's" rather than "O's" anyway your wife will be granted a 1 year extension of stay in line with the one you be granted...........see below from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "O-A" (LONG STAY) - visa for retired persons

This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above. Holders of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for one year and may not work while staying in Thailand.

In case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the “O-A” visa, their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission. (The spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category “O”).

Once she has the extension of stay she will be able to stay 1 year at a time same as yourself........i.e no visa runs.

Regards you son........how old is he?

(Only thinking your obviously 50+, if he is of adult age he may have to sort his own visa situation)