Extradited Dane Beaten In Thai Prison

webfact

and people don't get beat, shiv'd or hurt in North American Prisons???

Hey it is a fact of life that if you are a newbie chances are you are going to have to pay in some form.

Don't drop the soap.

We also have only his word which does not hold a lot of credence that it was because he had no money. Could he have upset someone by walking or doing something he was not supposed to do??????

• Like 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me he's a bit of a habitual criminal. Get off light for 5 frauds then:- He is also suspected of having changed his brain damaged brother in law’s bank information to cheat him out of large sums.

Ends up in Thailand with 40 baht? Guess no one he robbed is getting their cash back least of all his brain damaged brother. who may have needed that money for nursing costs.

I wouldn't believe a word he says............don't look too bad for someone who was beat by the type of Thais you'd expect to find in prison.

A clever ploy perhaps? to gain public sympathy and influence the trial judge........he's suffered enough and all that jazz.

Should have left him in the Thai prison for another few weeks.

Why?

I wouldnt over analysis any of these comments too much....are lot of TV members are just sad miserable ba*st*rds, who seem to enjoy it and get off on it, when things like this happen to other farangs, is the guy gulity...its appears so, is he being extradited yes...but still not reason for some of these comments...

Ask any of the guys whom he cheated out of their hard earned money and ran away from doing community service for a few hours which he got in punishment.

So TomTao wants the Danish guy to stay in the prison a few more weeks so that he will get more beatings? Is that the implication here? To the best of my knowledge, his punishment - if breaking the law is the case in point here - did not include beatings, because they are not provided for in the law of most countries - certainly civilised ones. Indeed, the beatings received in prison are illegal, and perpetrated by arse*oles, con men and extortionists much worse than the Dane himself... So by TomTao's rationale, should everyone be getting beaten? Why is he singling out a Dane? Scandinavian shag his girlfriend or something? Or does it just appeal to a weak little man inside so many people that cheers at the suffering of others but needs to find justification to make their stance of advocating mindless violence against others seem somehow more... noble ?

• Like 2

He is lucky he wasnt raped,defiled & violated.. I bet he wishes he never left Denmark...

I just hope his children are well taken care for the future..

Serves him right. Broke fraud

You raise an interesting point, sir... Yes, they ought to enshrine beatings into law, so true justice gets done... I wonder why they don't? Any ideas? I'd also be keen to discuss the severity levels of beatings appropriate to the crime Likesay, if a fraudster gets punched in the face and kicked in the guts a few times, that would be about what he deserves, but a heavy boot to the skull causing medium level concussion - that should probably be reserved for more serious crimes, like rape and assault.

Of course, his cellmates would need to be informed of exactly his crime, so they can deliver the appropriate sentence. Then again, since they all committed crimes, I suppose they are up for beatings of their own as well... so they'd have to take turns beating each other up, which could get pretty complicated.

But it would "serve them right", wouldn't it?

And you accept the word of a serial fraudsters???

No, you don't accept the word of anyone in claims involving crimes and accusations - but you do investigate, regardless of who the claimant is.

Why would you flee a sentence of community service? He got off light, and made things a lot worse for himself.

He was about to face further charges, including looting his 'brain damaged' brothers bank account. If he had been found guilty he was going to gaol and the community service would have been converted into gaol time. While don't think he deserves to be beaten in gaol, he does seem to be a really contemptible piece of work.

He is lucky he wasnt raped,defiled & violated.. I bet he wishes he never left Denmark...

I just hope his children are well taken care for the future..

You raise an interesting point, sir... Yes, they ought to enshrine beatings into law, so true justice gets done... I wonder why they don't? Any ideas? I'd also be keen to discuss the severity levels of beatings appropriate to the crime Likesay, if a fraudster gets punched in the face and kicked in the guts a few times, that would be about what he deserves, but a heavy boot to the skull causing medium level concussion - that should probably be reserved for more serious crimes, like rape and assault.

Of course, his cellmates would need to be informed of exactly his crime, so they can deliver the appropriate sentence. Then again, since they all committed crimes, I suppose they are up for beatings of their own as well... so they'd have to take turns beating each other up, which could get pretty complicated.

He may have been lucky that is wasn't worse - if you can call that luck - but that is no reason to stand on the sidelines and applaud like hell as your fellow man gets punched in the teeth. The fact that he escaped a worse fate does not justify the fate he actually suffered.

• Like 2

I misread this and thought he had been extradited from Farangland to Thailand and then been beaten in jail. The upside to this kind of story is that it is unlikely western government with extradite to Thailand because the way Thai treat prisoners (human rights) - which given the way Thais make things up is probably just as well,

Many western prisons have the same violence.

Wow why are there such a large percentage of posters on thaivisa who have to get at every piece of news & give out supposed advice and suggested punishments against fellow foreigners or the Thais.

They sound like a lot of Holy Joes but in reality have nothing better to do in their little lives apart from spending hours feeling important on forums

Armchair critics please go get a life and save us from having to read such dribble.

He should definitely serve his time in jail - and a long time; however, I don't think it unreasonable to expect more humane conditions than what he described in the Thai jail. Yes, he is a criminal, but he is not a murderer nor did he commit any violent crime - he should serve his time in jail, but jail should be a place to rehabilitate and not an environment of physical violence.

I liked the other post saying he should have stayed longer in Thai prison to get his just desserts, but you have a point here. As hard as it is to admit, I believe in rehabilitation as well -- even for certain murderers -- the problem is there are few people capable of looking after such people -- and if criminals are let out of rehabilitation before the process has done its job, then they remain a very dangerous threat to society.

It's difficult, really, thinking about it. I mean, if these people have harmed your own, then it's impossible to 'forgive' them and ask for rehabilitation. Who in their right human mind would do that (despite what religion dictates)? I sure wouldn't. So it sounds almost hypocritical to ask for rehabilitation as long as it's not someone you know getting hurt. That's where I'm torn at. It's much easier to say "hang the xxxxxx by his balls" and have a good show and deter for would-be followers. Or is it?

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity, again.

He lived in Ubon.

I saw his son yesterday. The children can speak Thai, but they sure don't

look Thai. The children were well behaved.

Are they the blond haired kids l see around ?

If you live in Ubon near the airport, then I would say there is a good chance of seeing them.

The boy is usually on the scooter and the girl will go knocking door to door selling food.

My wife was told his wife passed away many years ago.

I saw him selling watermellons from the back of a truck. He's a small guy who always

looks like he is always down on his luck.

8 square meters for 35 men? That's insane!

The man who made that claim is a convicted fraudster x 50 (read professional liar). Maybe he exaggerated, or meant to say 8 metres square (64 sq m).

He skipped his country to avoid serving his sentence and further charges. He decided to come to Thailand which has an extradition treaty with Denmark and some of the worst jail conditions in the world (so we hear).

Something about 'making beds and lying in them' comes to mind.

This is the line in the original article that I found interesting: "After his arrest his Thai wife has been taking care of the children and the Danish Embassy will make sure that they are being cared for." Does this mean that the Danish government will support the wife and kids in Thailand while he is in a Danish jail? The US and British governments wouldn't give a hoot.

Excellent. I get the smell of Mee Mee Samong with a lot of previous posts.

Edited by JustinCredible

Excellent. I get the smell of Mee Mee Samong with a lot of previous posts.

What's a "mee mee" ? If you think you can write Thai, why not write Thai?

• Like 1

Wow why are there such a large percentage of posters on thaivisa who have to get at every piece of news & give out supposed advice and suggested punishments against fellow foreigners or the Thais.

They sound like a lot of Holy Joes but in reality have nothing better to do in their little lives apart from spending hours feeling important on forums

Armchair critics please go get a life and save us from having to read such dribble.

Dribble? Very messy.