Mazda Cx 5

There's one at the Motor Show at the moment. Looks very nice:)

Any real photographs ? not the brochure ones.

Using google search for mazda cx5 and then selecting the image tab gets you several hundred.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mazda+cx+5&hl=en&rlz=1C1ASUT_enNO495NO496&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ibNbUZ79B4jSrQeqhoHwDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=681

Last month a Mazda dealer told me the CX-5 deliveries would start in Sept and prices would be 1.3M (petrol) and 1.5M diesel. They seemed confident on these points but did not know if models would be FWD or 4WD and 2.0L or the new 2.5L petrol engine. Time will tell.

I think deliveries in September are a bit optimistic since we won't start delivering the Owner Manuals to Mazda until end of September :)

Even we are working on them right now they don't know the specifications of the car yet. I should know by May then I will post again.

Last month a Mazda dealer told me the CX-5 deliveries would start in Sept and prices would be 1.3M (petrol) and 1.5M diesel. They seemed confident on these points but did not know if models would be FWD or 4WD and 2.0L or the new 2.5L petrol engine. Time will tell.

i looked at the cx-5 last yr.i think it was first on show in germany,

2lt.engine petrol,6 speed manual price was 784.000bht

i looked at the cx-5 last yr.i think it was first on show in germany,

2lt.engine petrol,6 speed manual price was 784.000bht

Here's hoping the Malaysian production lines start rolling out the 2.5L gasoline and the 2.2L diesel for the Thai launch - the 2.0L is way too underpowered for the car...

• Like 1

Had a meeting with Mazda Thailand today...still no answer from HQ about what engines will be sold in Thailand...I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more...

One thing I was told that at the end of this year/beginning of next year the "new" Mazda 3 will be launched with a Skyactive engine...Mazda 6 for Thailand has been cancelled :(

Joe, welcome and nice to have yet another industry insider providing us with reliable advance info. I am very interested in the smaller SUV/crossover class and what might be on offer in the next two years.

Just read the Motortrend USA Mar. edition, and they have a great review matchup among the new Evoque, BMW X1, and Audi Allroad. Audi wins. Can only imagine what one will cost here though...

Joe, do you know if Ford are any closer to releasing the Escape replacement. A little more choice beyond the Captiva and CR-V would be nice. My wifes car is due for replacement and we are considering these and the CX-5. The CX-5 would be a tricky choice because she mostly drives short distances and although the diesel gets great reviews, the short runs may not be good for a diesel with DPF. Some Australian CX-5 owners complaint about engine oil dilution from DPF regeneration. I wonder if the electronics would cause problems if the DPF was bypassed with a dump pipe? Hopefully Mazda will find a solution but DPFs are not great for diesel cars that don't work hard.

The 2.0L CX-5 has similar power the the CR-V 2.0L, some reviews suggest the Mazda has slightly better fuel consumption courtesy of Skyactive trickery. Still 2.0L with 155hp is not a lot to drag around +1.5 tonnes so I hope the 2.5L does come to LOS.

No idea about Ford, since our company isn't working with them. I work for a Japanese company so our customers tend to be Japanese :)

I thought they would be launching the Ecosport soon no? Isn't that kind of in the same league as the CX5?

Anyway as soon as I know the Thai spec for the CX5, I'll post it here :)

I thought they would be launching the Ecosport soon no? Isn't that kind of in the same league as the CX5?

Appears the only model in Thailand will be a 1.5 and 2 wheel drive due last quarter of 2013...

So no Turbo models, so much for the Ecosport 1.0 lt Turbo, NO 4x4, No Diesel..

Maybe worth looking at if it come out at 800,000 baht of less

Appears the only model in Thailand will be a 1.5 and 2 wheel drive due last quarter of 2013...

I have it on pretty good authority that export versions of the TH-made EcoSport will have the 1.0L Ecoboost engine - whether/when the domestic market will see it is another question though..

As for the Escape replacement, everything has gone very quiet on that front, and Australia/NZ have now sourced theirs from Spain, so a Thai launch could be delayed until the first minor change, or put on ice completely...

Saw the ecosport at motor show...it's not same class as cx5...it's much smaller. The cx5 also looked kinda butt ugly IMHO, with that stupid big grin front end design theme.

Too bad the ford escape has been delayed or maybe cancelled...best in this class of SUVs.

The EcoSport is smaller and probably cheaper than the CX-5 or CR-V, probably closer to Toyota Avanza size but styled more SUV in style.

Mini MPV / SUVs alternative are increasing with Chev Spin and Suzuki Ertigo etc.

The CR-V & Captiva still have little direct competition

Edited by Jitar

My understanding was the Ecosport SUV, maybe different engines when the next New Ford plant comes on-line in 2015..

Quote from the Bangkok Motor-show..

While the EcoSport may seem like a very capable SUV, it will be offered only as a 4x2 vehicle. In addition Ford has no plans to offer either its 1-liter EcoBoost engine nor its TDCi (diesel) engines on this new car, at least not in the immediate future. Lacking too are Ford’s advanced features like Active Park Assist, the self-parking system found on the larger-sized Focus.

Edit: the other SUV was looking forward to see here after all the hipe appears to have been cancelled the Chev Trax..

Edited by ignis

Another MPV LOS misses out on is the Chev Orlando. . I saw them in Vietnam and they looked OK, (better than the Spin anyway). Apparently based on a Cruze so the the former TV member ThaiCruze would love them...wink.png

post-149670-0-68434800-1365149114_thumb.

Edited by Jitar

I heard that the Ford Escape might be launched in 2015 in Thailand...by that time other car makers already caught out up of course :)

Edited by JoeW

Another MPV LOS misses out on is the Chev Orlando. . I saw them in Vietnam and they looked OK, (better than the Spin anyway). Apparently based on a Cruze so the the former TV member ThaiCruze would love them...wink.png

Hes got a Honde now.cheesy.gif

Had a meeting with Mazda Thailand today...still no answer from HQ about what engines will be sold in Thailand...I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more...

One thing I was told that at the end of this year/beginning of next year the "new" Mazda 3 will be launched with a Skyactive engine...Mazda 6 for Thailand has been cancelled sad.png

I think Mazda Thailand must have rocks in their heads to Cancell the Mazda 6. I checked them out 6 months ago on release on Oz and they are and look Fantastic. I believe their ads as being the best car Mazda has ever built and the Station Wagon or Estate as the Pommies call them looks terrific. They make Camry and the like look sick. Would have been my next choice of a new car here if they released them and i have had many Mazdas since my 1971 Capella RE Coupe through to RX7 twin turbo,which is still my favourite.

• Like 2

One thing I was told that at the end of this year/beginning of next year the "new" Mazda 3 will be launched with a Skyactive engine...Mazda 6 for Thailand has been cancelled sad.png

I think Mazda Thailand must have rocks in their heads to Cancell the Mazda 6. I checked them out 6 months ago on release on Oz and they are and look Fantastic. I believe their ads as being the best car Mazda has ever built and the Station Wagon or Estate as the Pommies call them looks terrific. They make Camry and the like look sick. Would have been my next choice of a new car here if they released them and i have had many Mazdas since my 1971 Capella RE Coupe through to RX7 twin turbo,which is still my favourite.

never mind guess will not be long before 'Geely' have a copy for Sale of the new model Mazda 6......... Will it be one the many new Chinese cars here soon ? wink.png

Edited by ignis

I had the same thought when they told me the Mazda 6 wouldn't come to Thailand soon or even never. A couple of months ago they told me it would come to Thailand, but it seems that competition and influence from the other Japanese brands (T and H) in Thailand is too much for Mazda.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...