Wangjuntr Golf Park - Anyone Played There?

Dorkers

The course was talked up to me on the weekend, just wondering if anyone has been there and is it worth it. For me, I have played heaps of courses in Thailand one of the most memorable being Soi Dao in Chanthaburi - the person I was speaking to said that Wangjuntr left that course in the shade.

Any input appreciated

I played it once, it is about 1 hour driving from Pattaya, definitely worth the trip. The website of the golf club looks very promising and gives you also the green fee rates. However, you do not have do pay the indicated high prices if you have a PSC membership and you go weekdays. If I remember it right I may paied 900 Baht for the green fee.

The course was interesting to play, although the caddies were useless. The maintenance level was ok, but not reaching a top course. The clubhouse and restaurant is rather simple.

• Like 1

Will be Wangjuntering on Friday at this stage - on the website it says that if you birdie the final par 3 on the Highalnd course you get a blue diamond!

253 yard par 3 over water to a raised green. Probably has the cup sitting a quarter inch out of the ground as well, just as an extra no-birdie insurance policy.

Will be Wangjuntering on Friday at this stage - on the website it says that if you birdie the final par 3 on the Highalnd course you get a blue diamond!

253 yard par 3 over water to a raised green. Probably has the cup sitting a quarter inch out of the ground as well, just as an extra no-birdie insurance policy.

I will be very interested to hear your opinions on the course - thanks in advance.

I will be very interested to hear your opinions on the course - thanks in advance.

Had planned to go to Wangjuntr today.... made the call to book on Thursday, only to discover that Friday(today) was a public holiday. Total package was going to be about 2500 baht for game, tip, compulsory cart. And an hour travelling time. Being an unknown quantity, (course condition, value for money) my mate and I opted out of having a hit there today.

Shame indeed. Will endeavour to get there next week.

• 4 months later...

Played there several times over the last few years, All I can say is take some old balls, plenty of blind shots or shots over water. Highland course, very picturesque & hilly cart only.

Valley both sides’ old rubber trees - Need to be straight - You can walk some long walks in between holes but on at least 2 they picked us up in a truck.

Overall would rather play the Highlands - an experience rather than your normal round of golf!

As in the other posts Thai driving licence gets you thai price Make sure you book or they may not have caddys.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Wangjuntr last Friday with Mike Bridge - editor of Thai Golf News. He has posted a golf course review on his web site http://thaigolf-news.com/pattaya-golf-news/wangjuntr-golf-park-course-report/.

We played the Highlands Course which has some spectacular holes and some really crazy ones. Every hole has 2 greens and they may be separated by water, rough, rocks or sand! Holes 13 to 17 are the most interesting where you climb the "Stairway to Heaven" followed by a drive off the mountain to a blind fairway at the next hole. Forget carts - they should build in an escalator!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have played the Valley & Highlands courses several times. If you are looking to play golf, I would recommend the Valley course as more pure golf, while the Highlands is quite spectacular ib some places, I would consider it a bit Mickey Mouse in others.

The par 5, 3rd hole on Valley course is the only hole that lets the course down (IMO), it is not impossible, but for amateur golfers you need luck on your side to make a par. All the rest of the holes provide a challenge, dependent on which tees used. I have played from the Tiger, Blue & White, it is pretty much all you can handle from any. Long walk between some tees, but enjoyable, I thought.