Can I Only Get Re-Entry Permit From The Immigration Office Where I Am Registered?

i have a non-imm education visa which i had processed at phuket town immigration office, and is also where i do my 90 day reporting. At the moment i am on a short break from studying in between courses and i would like to go abroad but i am currently in bangkok. Can i only get the permit from the phuket office?

thanks

If you are leaving from BKK airport you can also get it there between the hours of 0600-2400.

It's now open 24 hours (according to the sign above the re-entry permit counter), but still 0600-2400 according to Chang Wattana office.

I work at the Immigration Office in Phuket. Getting a re-entry often depends on the Thai official you deal with but, normally if your in another immigration area (there are 6 immigration areas in Thailand) different to where you got your Non O visa you can only get a re-entry one day before you leave the country and you must also present your travel details, bus or plane. Next time you renew your visa, if you do, get a single -entry permit (Baht 1000) as a precaution for leaving the counrty unexpectedly. Good luck

Edited by PlastikbinLina
  • Like 1

I work at the Immigration Office in Phuket. Getting a re-entry often depends on the Thai official you deal with but, normally if your in another immigration area (there are 6 immigration areas in Thailand) different to where you got your Non O visa you can only get a re-entry one day before you leave the country and you must also present your travel details, bus or plane. Next time you renew your visa, if you do, get a single -entry permit (Baht 1000) as a precaution for leaving the counrty unexpectedly. Good luck

It was only Phuket that imposed the one day rule due to all the dodgy extensions coming in from Koh Samui - I think you are ok elswhere

But were they for an extension of stay or a visa entry? And also when would be the next question because at one time you could get them anywhere if on extensions of stay.

Edited by ubonjoe

• 2 weeks later...