Packages From Uk - Is Size Important?

Daffy D

There have been many threads about parcels and packages sent from the UK but I wasn't paying attention at the time and now when I need some information I can't find any of them. My bad. sad.png

I would like to have some personal items sent over from the UK. A couple of family photo albums and some household ornaments, nothing expensive or valuable.

Reading through some posts it seems all courier companies are to be avoided and the UK postal system is the best option.

The items to be sent would approximately fill a couple of beer boxes so the question is - is there any advantage/disadvantage to sending every thing in one box (I have no idea of the weight) or split them up into several packages of a few kilos each.

Thanks

Personally, I'd not use a courier for that weight either.

A quick google will give you some idea of prices and weights for UK courier and postal service. Get someone at home to weigh them and see what the total weight would be.

A Thai friend of mine liked Yorkshire tea bags, i said i would send him some , i bought a bag of a 1000. took them to the post office to post, the cost was astronomical more than the price of the tea bags. I would ask about weight and size.

A Thai friend of mine liked Yorkshire tea bags, i said i would send him some , i bought a bag of a 1000. took them to the post office to post, the cost was astronomical more than the price of the tea bags. I would ask about weight and size.

Mmmm! Was that air mail?

I'm thinking putting everything in one box and sending surface mail.

blink.png