Why Hua Hin - Your Story

kje889

I and my better half like seeing the sunset over the water better. So any of you have any problem with the sunrise, since the beach is facing east?...Is it still as beautiful even without seeing the sunset over the water?

In addition, I'm not so hot about living in the center of tourist area anyway and don't mind a bit distance from the spot because I can fairly speak and write thai at the level of any thai high school kids.

Go farther south .. somewhere like Ban Krud. Better beach, cleaner water, less traffic, fewer tourists.

But you will have all the moans that you see from folks in HH .. and a LOT MORE if you are looking for western shopping, ADSL, hospitals, etc.

But if you like seafood and a real Thai community ... :o

If you teach, go to Bangsaphan .. some great opportunities there and some good income/cost ratio, so I've been told .. and commute .. since BS beaches are really dirty because of the port.

• 2 months later...

help.. I am considering holiday for about 6-8 days and being offered ban krud. cant seem to find out how far from Hua Hin and all the attractions around. I would like to be close to HH but quiet. I know since it will be just after new year, 4th Jan on, that I am probably pushing it a bit, but any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

help.. I am considering holiday for about 6-8 days and being offered ban krud. cant seem to find out how far from Hua Hin and all the attractions around. I would like to be close to HH but quiet. I know since it will be just after new year, 4th Jan on, that I am probably pushing it a bit, but any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

Ban Krut is about a 2 hour drive from Huahin. The lovely town of Prachuabkhirikhan is about a 45 minute drive to the north as well from Ban Krut.

:o thanks so very much, I was afraif of that. the agent said it was just down the road. Have booked Tanao Sri Resort Prachuapkhirikhan, which I am advised is 20 mins, so assume 40. resort looks great, and we will want a mix of life and lively with crash and rest.

the other place looked brilliant too, but 8 days in the wilderness might be a bit too long

again thanks

oh BTW they have actually got vacancies for early january if anyone looking