People Made To Disappear In Los

britgent

Just reading a few posts about how people kind of drop off the map here has anybody heard any interesting stories about people disappearing?

I mean all the way in the boonies with no connection to the outside world if you disappeared through nefarious intent who would really notice, or care?

There must be loads of farangs pushing up daisies or weighted down in the nearest deep water who no one will ever be the wiser about.

No problems here my landlord would track me to the end of the earth if I didn't show in a timely fashion!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I happen to know what happened to Shergar coffee1.gif He was shot less than 30 minutes after being kidnapped as he took a raging tantrum in the horse box and was uncontrollable, the kidnappers feared being caught due to the ructions ( they couldn't move him as the horse box was swerving violently, and they were too close to the stables for comfort ) so they shot him and disposed of the corpse.

When word got back to IRA Command they went mad and tried to bluff the ransom money a couple of days later, a simple request to show that days newspaper next to Shergar threw the cat amongst the pigeons and out came one of the most nefarious lines in IRA history.....

" There's been an accident".

cheesy.gif

A couple i can remember over the years was a guy who was chopped up, burnt and left for the tigers. Another from years ago was found sealed in a large concrete block. They were found, I dare say there are others still waiting to be found.

a knew a couple of guys who vanished on the islands back in the early 90's. one was quite well publicised - i think his parents launched some kind of appeal - i seem to remember seeing something in the papers. a couple of others turned up dead after going missing - washed up on the beaches or in the jungle.... it still goes on....

Op could be talking any country in the world. Majority would have family that would sound the alarm before to long. Seems here in Australia drugs are involved most of the time when a person goes missing. Thailand would be same case I suppose.

Op could be talking any country in the world. Majority would have family that would sound the alarm before to long. Seems here in Australia drugs are involved most of the time when a person goes missing. Thailand would be same case I suppose.

Any chance a farang has ever gone missing because the wife owns the farm and divorce means splitting some assets?

• Like 1

I believe that Elvis has been spotted recently in Sisaket!

I was fortunate enough to see him live several times in Vegas and Reno. He was the best. So much better live than any video.

No one can figure out where he is now. From Sisaket he could slip over into Cambodia and sing in a bar in Sihanoukville. ??

I hope he isn't lonesome. He was a people person.

There are no longer any "boonies" in Thailand.

But I understand that a new 'Boondocks-Land' mega-attraction may open shortly, as part of the attempt to attract more high-spending hi-so tourists, probably located just-off an 8-lane motorway or high-speed passenger-railway line. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I believe that Elvis has been spotted recently in Sisaket!

I was fortunate enough to see him live several times in Vegas and Reno. He was the best. So much better live than any video.

No one can figure out where he is now. From Sisaket he could slip over into Cambodia and sing in a bar in Sihanoukville. ??

I hope he isn't lonesome. He was a people person.

I sometimes see him in Ol' Skool on karaoke night.

Someone sent in this pic taken of Elvis last week in Sisaket:

This is no joking matter. Elvis was in Sisaket last week.

Was Dino (Deano?) and the rat pack there too? biggrin.png

Edited by keemapoot

I suspect there has been more deliberate farang overnight disappearances (cutting and running over unwanted sprogs, bad debts and general insolvency) than there have been those given concrete shoes to wear.

But then again, any story where the farang isn't the bad gug is barely worth starting a thread over is it?

Any chance a farang has ever gone missing because the wife owns the farm and divorce means splitting some assets?

happens here also. Can think of a sad case of a well known family and the mother met a grizzly end. It's awful to think of situations like that but in Thailand life is cheap.