Cracked Macbook Air Screen

pointystick

Can anybody recommend a reliable place in Bangkok to get my beloved Mac Book Air LCD screen replaced?

If anybody has had this done then what would it cost?

As its nearly a year and a half old I'm in two minds about getting it fixed if it costs too much. The damage isn't than bad and it's still fully functional with the cracks appearing on viewing app or movie which has black or dark scenes. I could simply wait until the next iteration of Macbook airs comes out whenever that is.

Can anybody recommend a reliable place in Bangkok to get my beloved Mac Book Air LCD screen replaced?

If anybody has had this done then what would it cost?

As its nearly a year and a half old I'm in two minds about getting it fixed if it costs too much. The damage isn't than bad and it's still fully functional with the cracks appearing on viewing app or movie which has black or dark scenes. I could simply wait until the next iteration of Macbook airs comes out whenever that is.

Should be straight forward to fix at shops in fortune, Panthip, I studio or better yet these third party Mac stores. Think there is one in din daeng/ sutthisan but can't remember the name. Maybe try to search the forum for it? I studio would over charge a bit.

I guess around 5-6000 for the replacement.

Cheap screens are available in CM so I guess BKK.

I replaced a Macbook screen once, and still OK.

It was a big saving, can't remember but maybe cost 2500, and had a pixel or two not working.....virtually unnoticeable.

There are actually a limited number of screens around for many makes of laptop, including Apple, and you can match up to get the right code number on the internet.

Thanks for your help everyone.

It'll be a couple of month before I get to BKK. I live in Sydney and I've investigated the cost and it seems that the cost of repair is around $AUD700. Anyway I'll try some of the suggestions of post back on the experience.

Anyway be careful of your macbook air. I dropped a small nokia mobile on my macbook and the end result was a cracked screen. Apart from that its a brillant piece of kit and as I'm not a poweruser I'll keel it for the next year or so since I don't require a spec'd out machine.

Chur