Recommendation On Insurance Company

alright, so my vigo free insurance is ending soon, any recommendation for insurance company? not just the price but would like company that is good in handling in an event of accident. im usually traveling between maehongson and chiangmai, if location matters

any recommendation? and any idea what kind of pricing am i expecting for a comprehensive with around 5000bht excess

I've been using Viriyah Insurance for the last 3 years. They were brilliant when a MC jumped a red light in front of me. Arrived at the scene within minutes and did all the talking to the police and explained all the procedures.

Seconded, ive used AIS and Viriyah , never a Prob. Mind You it was only new air dams from Dogs every month.w00t.gif

I've been using Viriyah Insurance for the last 3 years. They were brilliant when a MC jumped a red light in front of me. Arrived at the scene within minutes and did all the talking to the police and explained all the procedures.

I used Viriyah on my last car again as above no problem. 1 claim, quite a good recommended repair co: Now use Aioi BKK insurance co: spot on 026208000 have had two claim's with them 1 a window. Much better repair co: N/B neither claim my fault.

Tip, if you want to save monies on a full comp set up go for owner driver only I saved 5,000bt.

I have bad experiences with Viriyah, bad quality of repair and they had me wait a long time because they insisted on self importing non original (cheaper) parts (did not tell me the reason for the delay of course).

hi guys, thanks for the recommendations!

im currently on aioi insurance and the next year insurance they had quote me slightly below 20000 after tax. 600k on car damages and theft for a vigo 4x4 2.5e smart cab, 200k bail. im nt sure of the excess as its not stated, anyone know if its a fair price?

and anyone had any idea what does it mean to include compulsory motor insurance? i been looking at various website for qoutes and there is a check column asking me if i would like to include compulsory motor insurance. im slightly confused, do i still need the compulsory insurance when i get my comprehensive

Ive never known an Insurance Company Repair Anything. Apart from Broken Nails and Sharpen Pencils while shuffling paper.sad.png

I'll presume that was addressed to me.

I did not say they repaired it, but Viriyah insisted on parallel import of parts, since that is cheaper than orignal parts.

Yes it was directed at You. Ive had Family Cars insured with Viriyha, and popped into the Body Shop to see the progress, all the Boxes had Volvo on them and came from a Benz/Bm/Volvo dealer in Phitsanulok. Perhaps you were a bit unlucky.giggle.gifcoffee1.gif The Body Shop is owned by Honda Phitsanulok. excellent, but 3+ Hrs from my area.w00t.gif

Yes it was directed at You. Ive had Family Cars insured with Viriyha, and popped into the Body Shop to see the progress, all the Boxes had Volvo on them and came from a Benz/Bm/Volvo dealer in Phitsanulok. Perhaps you were a bit unlucky.giggle.gifcoffee1.gif The Body Shop is owned by Honda Phitsanulok. excellent, but 3+ Hrs from my area.w00t.gif

3 hours is quite far, but still better than the 10+ hours my car was away (accident in Bangkok, living on Phuket), so too far for a check. Maybe I was unlucky, maybe you were lucky. I'm just giving my personal experience here, which was really bad with them.

And I care about the parts, but even more about the 2+ months I had to wait for the repair to be finished because they did not order Nissan parts but went for a cheaper option. And if the repair would have been high quality I would also have been more positive, but it was simply a very badly done repair, upon arrival back on Phuket I had to take it in again so the hood could be opened!

And that was done by one of their preferred repair shops.

If answering somebody, maybe a good idea to quote?

Edited by stevenl

I would usually go to a broker and get a range of quotations.

Optional insurance doesn't usually include the compulsory cover that you can buy at at the licence office. However, in the event of an accident, it's better to have to deal with only one insurer. I ask for compulsory cover to be included with the optional cover for that reason.

hi guys, thanks for the recommendations!

im currently on aioi insurance and the next year insurance they had quote me slightly below 20000 after tax. 600k on car damages and theft for a vigo 4x4 2.5e smart cab, 200k bail. im nt sure of the excess as its not stated, anyone know if its a fair price?

and anyone had any idea what does it mean to include compulsory motor insurance? i been looking at various website for qoutes and there is a check column asking me if i would like to include compulsory motor insurance. im slightly confused, do i still need the compulsory insurance when i get my comprehensive

Mine is with Bangkok Insurance the price for Fortuner coverage 1mil includes the compulsory is 15,000bt there is a 3,000bt excess.

Mine is with Tokio Marine (I just continued with the one that Mitsu gave me for the PJS). Covered my car for 1 milion THB + all the options. I pay a bit less than 20,000 THB.

My front window shattered once while driving to Khao Yai. Called them immediatly, gave me the claim code in 5 minutes. Went to the Mitsubishi dealer near Hua Mark and had my car fixed in 1 day.

I will stay with Tokio Marine until they mess up :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Could I ask anyone who has a (sedan) car insured on a 1st class package with Viriyah, how much coverage they have for "Property Damage"?

I have an offer that from Viriyah for 1,000,000 Baht/ Per Accident, with 0 deductible. I think, this is rather low in comparison to Axa offering 5,000,000 Baht/ Per Accident, with 5000 Baht/ Per Accident deductible.

Edited by Morakot

No one cares in respect that no claims bonus ain't much loss, and you don't pay Police to do their job. Let the Insurers earn their money.Just Ring em and wait.Well thats my take after 25 years on the road here,but i know Jack All according to expertsthumbsup.gif

On reflection, not sure,but if one keeps a Ride a number of years perhaps a No Claims is worth something. But MY LOT change rides frequently,often getting Free 1St year nonsence.Tywais had exactly the same accident type and Company as me. Perfectly handled by them.