Immigration Sakon Nakhon

bowitz

Anybody been to the immigration office in Sakon Nakhon? The pace and organisation that is there is hard to find!! (yes, sarkasme).

I was there today to get a easy extension. Came in about 11, looked around, nothing organized, no quelines/number, just a mess. Sat down for 5 minutes and then i saw that lunch started at 12 so i decided to leave and come back after lunch. When i came back i saw a couple that sat there before lunch aswell and still waiting, there was 1 guy working, 1 guy! He took the papers, saw them over, stamp them. 1 guy? I sat there from 1 till 3.20 until my papers was finished.

Usually i go to Udon to get my visa done and then it's done in about 10-15 minutes, no matter if it's a lot of people there or not.

And yes i know this is Thailand and pacience and all that, and i'm used to waiting, but 1 guy working? I've been in immigration in Jomtien before and that was ten times quicker with hundred times more people.

No, never again Sakon Nakhon immigration i tell u that!

Yes - about 2 months ago most of the people demanded a transfer because the local government would not pay for the lunch breaks.

Used to be okay before - now not so good.

I believe most of them either went to Udon or elsewhere..

Went / took a friend and his Thia wife about two weeks ago... One of the orginal guys was there and doing his best to keep up with everyone waiting... Had a much younger guy helping, but was obvious that the younger one did not know what to do... Seemed that there were 4 or 5 others in the closed office who kept entering and leaving, but none offered any help to the poor guy trying to keep up with it all...

I was impressed at how well the one guy as able to handle it all, but still took most of the day when it should have been less than 2 hours to complete the entire process...

Pianoman

here is one of the reasons I generally ignore this forum.

I have been going to immigration offices around Isaan for 18 years now and some of the best, most polite service I have gotten is in the Sakon Nakhon Immigration Ofiice

Perhaps you should read the thread a little better. Apart from the OP, we have given the place glowing praise.

However, a lot of the active staff have left and as a result the service is really slow.

Bear this in mind when you next go , and you may even find this thread useful smile.png

Edited by chonabot