Getting A Cab At A Fixed Time In The Suburbs During Songkhran

siam2007

Hi all,

it's been 8 years since I last spent the Songkhran days in BKK, as I usually flee the City / Country early enough (my birthday falls in that period too), but this year it happens that I can only leave DURING Songkhran.

This means I will need to catch a Cab to Suvarnabhumi on Sunday morning, 14th, from a suburb area (Bangna).

does anyone have experience with Cabs during Songkhran ? As most Cabbies are from the provinces and return home during Songkhran, I know there aren't a whole lot of Cabs available during that time.

Is it still possible ? Does the Radio-Taxi Company (phone 1681 I think ? the 1661 was the lousy company who doesnt reply to Farang-calls, isnt it?) take advance reservations ?

Thanks for any input

I usually stay in BKK during Songhan as it becomes like a big country town if you don't go to the tourist areas and getting a cab has never been a problem especially off the street. We have a few cabs we use regularily for booked trips but lately one of them has been very unreliable as he is going thru maritial dramas , but in future perhaps you should find a local cab and use him regularly and get his phone number. If he can't take you they will usually arrange for another cab. Works for us.