Japanese Cars Recalled Due To Airbag Problems.....

Will they also recall those made here in Thailand? After all it seems there are many makes and models on the recall list.

The four makes are Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mazda, the official said.

A Toyota spokesman said his company was recalling a total of 1.73
million vehicles, manufactured between November 2000 and March 2004 in
Japan and abroad, due to a defect in passenger-side airbags.

A Toyota UK spokesman told Sky News the recall would affect some 76,000 cars in the UK. Across Europe the figure is 490,000.

Its affected vehicles are all between nine and 13 years old, sold from
November 2000 until March 2004, and include Corollas, Yaris, Avensis,
Avensis Verso, Picnic, Camry and Lexus SC430.

Honda is recalling 1.135 million vehicles worldwide

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/huge-car-recall-over-faulty-airbags-054920305--finance.html#6FQ3nUx

There are never any recalls in Thailand. Things are just fixed when the cars come in for servicing.

Please provide evidence this is ever done in Thailand and what if it doesn't come in for service.

Very simple: do you see any trace of this recall on the news of Toyota's web site?

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/news-cate.php

If it does not come in for service? "Mai pen rai". cheesy.gif

I thought I'd heard somewhere that recalls were not done in Thailand, but was not sure.

Reading the article in question and the fact that they are talking of cars between 9 and 13 years old, I did wonder too if the cars in question in Thailand would be of the same specification.

Would word of these problems even filter down to the average car owner, considering the age of these cars?

Would insurance companies not have some say in insuring cars they should know to be faulty and not have been repaired?

I thought I'd heard somewhere that recalls were not done in Thailand, but was not sure.

Reading the article in question and the fact that they are talking of cars between 9 and 13 years old, I did wonder too if the cars in question in Thailand would be of the same specification.

Would word of these problems even filter down to the average car owner, considering the age of these cars?

Would insurance companies not have some say in insuring cars they should know to be faulty and not have been repaired?

No. A defective airbag does not always affect the roadworthiness of the car. It just makes it less safe for the drivers in case of accidents. So, insurance would not really care.

There are never any recalls in Thailand. Things are just fixed when the cars come in for servicing.

Please provide evidence this is ever done in Thailand and what if it doesn't come in for service.

On the contrary. If you refute someone's statement the onus is on you to provide evidence, that it this case, it doesn't get done.

Anyone who bought a used version of any of the vehicle in question the problem has already be solved as the air bags will have been removed by the dealer and sold on...

Edited by VocalNeal

Actually Toyota Thailand recalled the Toyota Yaris last year. My company printed the recall letters for them. 25,000 copies :)

• Like 1

No. A defective airbag does not always affect the roadworthiness of the car. It just makes it less safe for the drivers in case of accidents. So, insurance would not really care.

Fair enough comment :)

Actually Toyota Thailand recalled the Toyota Yaris last year. My company printed the recall letters for them. 25,000 copies smile.png

Not a big seller then if thats for the production run maybe they also wanted to see how many of the origional owners still had them and how many had moved on to another brandbiggrin.png

Actually Toyota Thailand recalled the Toyota Yaris last year. My company printed the recall letters for them. 25,000 copies smile.png

Don't go busting TV myths with facts. The whole of ThaiVisa will collapse laugh.png

• Like 1

Don't go busting TV myths with facts. The whole of ThaiVisa will collapse laugh.png

Sorry :) Btw of the 25,000 copies we sent out more than 30% were returned. Toyota Thailand didn't update their owner's database :)

Actually Toyota Thailand recalled the Toyota Yaris last year. My company printed the recall letters for them. 25,000 copies :)

Doesn't count, because technically the Yaris is an FM radio with a car attachment. :(

• Like 1