Enforcement Of Thai Debts On My Way Out?

FunFon

A con(fidence) man is someone who cheats another out of what is justifiably theirs after gaining their confidence so I think the above not a slur but that the definition here is appropriate.

-

Aha as a lawyer I can well understand your view of the world, my condolences. . .

In my case there's no question in my mind about any intention to cheat, obviously she doesn't put a high time value on my payments since she let things slide for so many years, and in the end she won't be out of pocket at all.

If and when she brings up the question of interest I'll also be happy to accommodate that.

Surely you don't actually believe the nonsense that you spout do you?You're doing a midnight flit on in excess of a year's rental income for your landlady and now you have the gall to attempt to fool us that you'll not only pay back the errant debt but you'll gladly pay back interest on the non-loan also?

I notice you say that you have many other debts to everyone and their uncle elsewhere in the thread,you are obviously a chancer of the highest order and under no cicumstances to be trusted at any point!

If you told me it was daytime I would look out of the window first to see if it was dark or not!

• Like 2

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only drama I would like to see is the one where the IMM folks take him into the side room at the airport based on the over-stay and leaving the country with 2 young kids in tow (and a stack of official looking papers on sole custody) and see how many questions this guy can answer before such questions by the IMM folks force him into rendering a few 'inconsistencies'.

I would imagine that there's probably enough material there for a whole mini-series!Reneging on various debts to friends and family,stiffing the landlady out of 14 months rent,overstay likely for 5 years or more,absconding with dependents,probably on a Khao San Road passport,the list goes on!

I would honestly pay money just to watch the whole horrific scene unfold at a customs entry point,the chances of the OPs plan of escape coming to fruition is less than zero but it would certainly be comedy gold!

Maybe we should open a book on which newspaper will break the whole ridiculous story first,we're certainly not talking 'Escape To Victory' here are we but I'm sure it would make a good comedy for some Hollywood screenwriter.Maybe the guys who wrote 'Dumb and Dumber',I believe the sequel is being made now anyway,there could be a leading role for the OP there?

At least it would give him the money to pay off the landlady and the maid as well!

The only drama I would like to see is the one where the IMM folks take him into the side room at the airport based on the over-stay and leaving the country with 2 young kids in tow (and a stack of official looking papers on sole custody) and see how many questions this guy can answer before such questions by the IMM folks force him into rendering a few 'inconsistencies'.

I would imagine that there's probably enough material there for a whole mini-series!Reneging on various debts to friends and family,stiffing the landlady out of 14 months rent,overstay likely for 5 years or more,absconding with dependents,probably on a Khao San Road passport,the list goes on!

I would honestly pay money just to watch the whole horrific scene unfold at a customs entry point,the chances of the OPs plan of escape coming to fruition is less than zero but it would certainly be comedy gold!

Maybe we should open a book on which newspaper will break the whole ridiculous story first,we're certainly not talking 'Escape To Victory' here are we but I'm sure it would make a good comedy for some Hollywood screenwriter.Maybe the guys who wrote 'Dumb and Dumber',I believe the sequel is being made now anyway,there could be a leading role for the OP there?

At least it would give him the money to pay off the landlady and the maid as well!

Stories about lowlife trolls don't make an interesting read for newspapers, so I doubt it would earn the OP any money.

now you have the gall to attempt to fool us that you'll not only pay back the errant debt but you'll gladly pay back interest on the non-loan also?

-

Not trying to fool anyone, what would be the point, if I cared about the opinions of the "community" here would I even have posted as honestly as I did in the first place?

The only other debts are some friends who've lent me a few thousand or so, and every one has said never mind can wait. And the landlady in effect has said the same years ago.

Choose to believe what you like but note the way you see the world reflects your own beliefs more than it does any objective reality.

I'm still looking for a secure way to place a wager on this issue, I do think it would be enough to help my cause as well as providing entertainment and a useful object lesson for all the cynics on TV I like to believe the silent majority has more faith in mankind.

After the kids and I are safely back home, I'll see if the landlady's willing to write a statement to that effect and post it here, and each person who contacts her to verify pays B2,000, which she then keeps half and gives half to a charity I specify.

Would that work for you guys?

Actually she'd probably be too embarrassed about her own negligence as a landlord, losing face and all.

But I am open to suggestions, trusted lawyer third party whatever. . .

You gotta put that in the book Funfon!

BTW, no lying or deception all round you say!....dealing with dodgy characters you say!.....rents due I say.

-

I've never deceived my landlord, and as you've read my very strong inclination for the coming months was to be completely forthright with her now as well prior to my departure, and that would still be my very strong preference.

However after being very strongly reprimanded by many many posters here - both publically and via PM, including from two lawyers - for putting my idealism above practicalities, and their making clear the very dire consequences even if they are unlikely. . .

I can believe the fact that there is that amount of bak rent, I know of a guy in a similar position who owes over a years rent as far as I know, along with a number of other unpaid debts, including a debt to me. It's all catching up know, and Es not going to be leaving the country till his debts are cleared. This OP is a malingerer and, he shoul pay his dues. Exactly the reason why visa laws should be tightened up.

• Like 1

JLCrab, on 17 Apr 2013 - 09:28, said:

Yes -- because he puts his idealism above practical matters. ( he actually said so).

-

Yes, several people mentioned that my strong desire to sit down and be honest with my landlord was foolishly putting the welfare of my children at risk, no matter how small I thought the risk she's try to order a border stop, the downside is too high to risk it.

Which at this point it seems I have to concede.

Since you seem so caught up in my drama, do you have any ideas on how a wager can be constructed so I can cash in on all this incredulity?

What amount and/or odds would you put on either:

- everything I've stated of substance in this thread is true

or

- the debt to the landlady will be paid in full as soon as possible once I'm working back home

?

I can believe the fact that there is that amount of bak rent, I know of a guy in a similar position who owes over a years rent as far as I know, along with a number of other unpaid debts, including a debt to me. It's all catching up know, and Es not going to be leaving the country till his debts are cleared. This OP is a malingerer and, he shoul pay his dues. Exactly the reason why visa laws should be tightened up.

Maybe the guy who owns you and the OP are the same . blink.png

-

They guy who owns him? as in a slavery or debt bondage or something?

Please clarify, unless you intended your post to be content-free. . .

-

They guy who owns him? as in a slavery or debt bondage or something?

Please clarify, unless you intended your post to be content-free. . .

along with a number of other unpaid debts, including a debt to me.

Means he owns money to Mrtoad, not ?

JLCrab, on 17 Apr 2013 - 09:28, said:

Yes -- because he puts his idealism above practical matters. ( he actually said so).

-

Yes, several people mentioned that my strong desire to sit down and be honest with my landlord was foolishly putting the welfare of my children at risk, no matter how small I thought the risk she's try to order a border stop, the downside is too high to risk it.

Which at this point it seems I have to concede.

Since you seem so caught up in my drama, do you have any ideas on how a wager can be constructed so I can cash in on all this incredulity?

What amount and/or odds would you put on either:

- everything I've stated of substance in this thread is true

or

- the debt to the landlady will be paid in full as soon as possible once I'm working back home

?

You seem like a deadbeat to me if I knew your landlord I will tell to call the BIB and

have put in jail. You will never pay once you get home.

You seem like a deadbeat to me if I knew your landlord I will tell to call the BIB and have put in jail. You will never pay once you get home.

-

Key word is "seem" - your perception has more to do with your outlook on life than reality. Thanks for your concern but you're wrong, and I hope your desire to be an agent of karma in the world doesn't come back and bite you in the butt one day. What comes around goes around, but taking action yourself can bring unintended consequences.

People contacting me offline are starting to convince me to perhaps accept help clearing it in full before I leave, so thanks to everyone offering to help. . .

Otherwise your usually plain SOL, just ask politely and if they say no, walk away and chalk it up to experience TiT.

-

will you landlady chalked it up to experience?

-

I'll ask her after she's paid in full and been to visit us back home, be sure to come back and let you know.

You seem like a deadbeat to me if I knew your landlord I will tell to call the BIB and have put in jail. You will never pay once you get home.

-

Key word is "seem" - your perception has more to do with your outlook on life than reality. Thanks for your concern but you're wrong, and I hope your desire to be an agent of karma in the world doesn't come back and bite you in the butt one day. What comes around goes around, but taking action yourself can bring unintended consequences.

People contacting me offline are starting to convince me to perhaps accept help clearing it in full before I leave, so thanks to everyone offering to help. . .

you honestly have people offering you loans?

how stupid can they be?

i am not bashing you, but i just wouldn't lend you money based on your history

especially with you leaving the country, not that great of prospects at home, etc...

you honestly have people offering you loans?

how stupid can they be?

i am not bashing you, but i just wouldn't lend you money based on your history

especially with you leaving the country, not that great of prospects at home, etc...

-

In some cases outright gifts, although I would still treat them loans.

Services of a lawyer quid pro quo, he's also looking for a free or reasonable one with a law license in my mum's home jurisdiction to help with the ex' "post-nup" agreement.

What some people see as stupid others call compassionate, kind. Admittedly relatively rare in some circles these days, considered an essential part of being truly human in others.

My theory is that expats here, often surrounded by people with family circles of infinite need, sometimes greed and deception, have had to harden their hearts as a habit, resulting in the calcification of such facilities.

Not personal experience but there was the recent case of the gay couple and the landlord that forced them to stay here for 4 years,during appeal after appeal over some allegedly broken furniture.

I think the reality here is you have to put yourself in your landlady's shoes and ask how you'd feel if a tenant owing 12 months rent told you that they were off to their home country...but they promised they'd pay you back some time in the unspecified future?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions and I think your best bet (and you must know this) is just to disappear in the middle of the night with whatever you can carry.Otherwise you may find that the smiles disappear very quickly and you may find yourself in a whole heap of trouble!

If you're planning to pay off the landlady anyway what difference does it make how you leave?Do yourself a favour and do it extremely covertly,anything else would just be foolish and naive in the extreme!

-

The problem is she's good friends with all the neighbors, so I think the best I can do is get the amount of stuff out I'm heading home with without attracting their attention.

The rest is a very solid moving lorry's worth of stuff, more than you could pack into three regular song taews.

So if I start moving all that stuff out without having discussed the issue with her she'll obviously think I'm trying to do a real runner on her and make it more likely that she'll take that kind of drastic action.

Basically my plan is to do as you say but contact her before she knows what's going on, let her know of my intentions, and then if she's going to try to take drastic action anyway - which as I said I honestly think is very unlikely, as evidenced by the fact that she's cut me that kind of slack - nearly 14 months at this point over the last three years, never mentioning interest etc!

If she is going to try, I've basically already done the runner, but it will still take another few weeks to get one of my child's passports issued, have to transfer the ex-wife's visas etc, will be camping out at various family and friends couches for the time between vacating the house and actually being able to leave the country.

Hence my very specific key question as to specific practicalities . . .

If anyone can point to the thread about the gay couple, maybe that discusses the actual police/court/border mechanics of how they were prevented from leaving the country.

One year’s back rent to my landlord is owed? This lady is either extremely stupid or a saint. Unusually patient must be the under statement of the century.

If you knew you had severe financial problems over a year ago, you should have taken the appropriate action at the time and not left the situation until it reached this level. Do you really believe that people will sympathize and want to advise you on how to hoodwink this kind, generous lady? Out of interest, how much do you actually owe this unfortunate lady? Must be literally in the thousands. Renting a home that you could not afford. Not only is she out your one year`s rent, but also another year`s rent if she had rented to a proper paying tenant in the first place.

You are typical as one of my main reasons that I try to avoid other expats here. A sneak and irresponsible. If you had been my tenant, your ar-e and junk would have been out the door months ago.

Why should your problems become this nice lady’s problems? If I personally knew this lady, I would grass you up with no hesitation.

Here is an answer to your question:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628326-british-man-trapped-in-thailand-for-four-years-is-back-home/?hl=landlord

I sincerely hope that you get pulled in before boarding the plane and making your escape route and there is a strong chance that you will.

Perhaps we maybe reading about you in the news clippings section next week?

BTW: running away from a debt with intent, is a criminal act.

-

I hope my post made it clear that I will pay off the debt in full as soon as I can. The landlord may be "stupid" in your view from a strictly business POV, but we have established a good relationship of trust over the years, she visited us when the kids were born and has been watching them grow up over the years and I would much rather credit her with kindness and patience rather than insulting her. I guess by your expression of wishes for harm to befall me and my family, whether well deserved or not, you and your "likers" have self-identified as to where you stand wrt to those human virtues, I guess no further comment is required from me on that.

Thanks much for the link though, which led to a total of three threads and four outside articles, all of which I've read in full.

Save the faux outrage. If you are as honourable as you claim to be, then tell her the truth and explain the only way that you can repay the debt is to go back home and get a job.

If you relationship is as "trusting" as you claim it is, it should not be an issue.

Otherwise it just comes across that you're trying to ask people here to help you welch on a debt.

• Like 2

Not only is the OP going to rip off his landlady and maid,he's on here boasting about it and trying to make a pathetic bet to rip off Thai Visa users also!
Utter pond life,lower than a rattlesnake's belly,why on earth has this thread been allowed to run for so long?

Edited by Blumpkin

I can't believe this thread is still running. All very entertaining, and I have to say FunFon, I rarely give such compliments, but you are a magnificent creative writer, and your grammar is near perfect thumbsup.gif

... tell her the truth and explain the only way that you can repay the debt is to go back home and get a job.

If you relationship is as "trusting" as you claim it is, it should not be an issue.

Otherwise it just comes across that you're trying to ask people here to help you welch on a debt.

-

Well that's exactly what my original plan, but too many people here have convinced me that it's too dangerous, it being so easy for her to block my exit and perhaps even have me tossed in the monkey house, or even stuck here for years.

Too much at stake with the kids to take that chance, even if the odds of her doing that are very very low.

She will get paid, I'll just have to let her know after we're safely gone.

This is a simple matter. Just tell your land lady you’ll soon be coming into a large inheritance and she can get in on the ground floor. But in order for you to obtain a loan against your future inheritance you need a minimum balance in your account back home. Have her deposit the minimum balance, which should not be more than her total net worth. Tell her while waiting for the loan to come through you’ll make small monthly payments direct from the Ponzi fund to her. Tell her she can let her friends in on the action and give a special deal to TV members. This should cover your life style for the foreseeable future. And stop wearing sun glasses at night. Just a tip. My Middle Eastern contacts can take care of your children and I could get your ex a job in Mexico, not gold digging but she would be digging. PM me for the bank account numbers.

No idea what Manly's on about, and Nana, sad to say it's true, wish it weren't.

If you'd read earlier, I have had previous handles here, as acknowledged many times, but never used for deceptive purposes and never concurrently.

Looking for ways to safely prove the truth of it all so I can take bets if anyone has ideas. . .

Edited by FunFon

This thread has got to be a wind up. the best wind up ever yielding 450 posts. amazing. OP is a 10+ Thailand vet who discovered and became a member 5 weeks ago and has over 1100 posts. lol.

Here's Johnny !!

post-163350-0-16570200-1366289481_thumb.

Strange that the mods haven't laid the link yet.

• Like 1

I think there is Only one comment about this whole thing I want to make:

Though I never had to run out on a year's rent (or any) - nor did I let any rent lapse for months until I got caught (as FF did) - I was once in a situation almost as bad as the OP's - perhaps worse in some ways - so I don't judge someone for getting themselves into a situation where they wound up needing help and accepting it. Indeed I had planned to possibly offer some limited help myself or at least some words of support and encouragement.

But this repeated and poorly veiled effort to turn this into a fund-raising venture and the feigned reluctance to gradually accept the loans being offered is unseemly and insulting to our intelligence.

If you'd read earlier, I have had previous handles here, as acknowledged many times, but never used for deceptive purposes and never concurrently.

Looking for ways to safely prove the truth of it all so I can take bets if anyone has ideas. . .

So funfob as soon as you claim to be giving such honest answers everywhere with no bullshit ,,you have openly admitted you have had other usernames here ,I don't care about this thread or your problems but I am curious ascto the other usernames you have had so come on keep up the honesty and tell us the other names you have used.

So funfob as soon as you claim to be giving such honest answers everywhere with no bullshit ,,you have openly admitted you have had other usernames here ,I don't care about this thread or your problems but I am curious ascto the other usernames you have had so come on keep up the honesty and tell us the other names you have used.

Look at post #447, notice the date that member stopped posting and the date the OP joined, please also notice that the OP coincidental went into Johnny's profile soon after he joined.

Then take a look at Johnny's posting history and see the similarity's in circumstances described in this thread.

His harem of ladies that sent him rice and all have a decent job, wink wink nod nod.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1