British Police Getting Ready For Disruptions At Margaret Thatcher's Funeral Procession

webfact

British police getting ready for disruptions at Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession

LONDON: -- British police and politicians will meet today to discuss the details of the forthcoming funeral of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher after reports came in that the procession could be disrupted by those who opposed the Iron Lady.

As expected, representatives from the Metropolitan Police, the City of London Police, the Prime Minister’s office and the Home Office will attend the meeting to discuss the event planned for Saturday’s evening at Trafalgar Square.

The police have said, they are aware of an event to celebrate Mrs Thatcher's death planned for Saturday evening at Trafalgar Square. There have also been reports that the funeral procession itself will be disrupted by those who opposed Mrs Thatcher.

They have said they had no plans to utilize rubber bullets or water cannons against disruptors. They are determined to protect the rights of those wishing to pay their respects, as well as those of the people wishing to hold parties, they have noted.

Margaret Thatcher died on April 8, following a stroke. The funeral ceremony is planned for April 17.

Full story: http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_04_12/British-police-getting-ready-for-disruptions-at-Margaret-Thatcher-s-funeral-procession-271/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-04-12

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bold. How courageous. Disrupting a dead person's funeral.

beats disrupting a living persons funeral ,, but anyway it's no way to do even if you didnt like her why hurt the people that want to pay respect

i suspect there are a lot of citizens who feel this woman destroyed lives and familys,

and lots who feel she recued Britain from being the sick man of Europe, and considerably furthered equality for women.

• Like 1

I,m confused about all this talk of being British

Normally the English are always bleating on how English it is when something is good,and how British or Irish,Scots or welsh it is when it is bad

so what are people saying here

Again - in your opinion.

How about the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The British PM is PM of this country. Have a look at your passport - it says the name of the country and confirms your nationality. Simple really.

• Like 1

Normally the English are always bleating on how English it is when something is good,and how British or Irish,Scots or welsh it is when it is bad

Again - in your opinion.

How about the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The British PM is PM of this country. Have a look at your passport - it says the name of the country and confirms your nationality. Simple really.

.what opinion are you talking about?

I stated i was confused ...that aint an opinion,,,,its a state of mind

i then correctly pointed out that ok i will refine it the BBC media be,it TV or Radio newspaper often more than not refer to winners as English and losers as either Welsh,Irish or Scottish or BRITISH

Now on this topic of her honourable lady it has been mentioned British,so what are people really saying.

so now i am confused on 2 things what opinion i gave and what people are saying about Baroness

life would have been more simplier going out for songkran

i suspect there are a lot of citizens who feel this woman destroyed lives and familys,

and lots who feel she recued Britain from being the sick man of Europe, and considerably furthered equality for women.

good to see you have the good old British English humour,,funniest thing i read in a long time

• Like 2

Already we drift into the World Of Waffle. Brit Moderates of either side are realizing they have paid for Anarchy via their Taxes. Cant these Pampered Children realize, that those who Fought in Nam, WW2 etc, still had respect for their adversaries.Sometimes looking at the Behavior of these Yobs, one wonders if Hitler had Won,would we have these Shits today.. No Brit Stamped on Rommels Grave, true Brits dont do such things.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

seems like the Queen is no happy with the funeral arrangements either,if you believe everything you read in the newspapers

gosh she has an opinion as well and doesnt rule

the world is going to pot

maybe its respect for her mothers roots that she is has let her mask fall

• Like 1

Seeking to disrupt anyone's funeral is a disgrace and evidences the status of those who would engage in such activity. The various members of the third class celebrity rabble who have passed disdainful comment on Mrs Thatchers death and would like to see protests at her funeral are a shameful indictment on British society I used to have respect for the views of George Galloway but now regard him as lower than a pig. What will the world think of us !

• Like 1

Seeking to disrupt anyone's funeral is a disgrace and evidences the status of those who would engage in such activity. The various members of the third class celebrity rabble who have passed disdainful comment on Mrs Thatchers death and would like to see protests at her funeral are a shameful indictment on British society I used to have respect for the views of George Galloway but now regard him as lower than a pig. What will the world think of us !

The world will will be reassured that we have our full quota of cranks, lemmings, sheep, trouble makers and a good helping of rent a mob who you will no doubt see out and about on a trip to the capital next wednesday, I am sure the police will be able to handle anything that comes their way.

THey will not disrupt my view of this event, sad though it is, the world will see Britain at its best again.

I think many Iraqis would agree when Saddam Hussein fell

• Like 1

Again - in your opinion.

Mine doesn't say United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Edited by Mudcrab

seems like the Queen is no happy with the funeral arrangements either,if you believe everything you read in the newspapers

Do you have a link for that? I can't find one.

The Queen and Prince Philip have chosen to attend. It is not a state funeral and they were under no obligation to do so.

Other attendees include many of Thatcher's political oppnents; both from her days in office and since. The only one not doing so is Kinnock, and that is purely becuase he is already committed to attending another funeral at the same time.

Again - in your opinion.

So, what does it say?

Mine is a British passport and it does say on the cover 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.'

Again - in your opinion.

So, what does it say?

Mine is a British passport and it does say on the cover 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.'

Good for you...mine doesn't...it say Australia

So, what does it say?

Good for you...mine doesn't...it say Australia

So the point of your posting in reply to Baerboxer and wigantojapan's exchange was?