Closing Times

Bit Beefy

Hey Guys & Gals Ive searched and search the net..Either im blind or the Search Engines dont like me :o

Does anyone know, or can anyone direct me to web page that has an accurate breakdown of the New Party Zones...lol..What areas are affected and what times.. As i know its different for Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai etc...

Cheers

Beef

They're probably still trying to decide on them zones. I read that Patpong would be one, but Nana and Cowboy would not. :D

As for Ptty, well they would have to zone the entire town. Man, there are bars everywhere there now. :o

Ive heard mixed things....

i spoke to a few girls from Nana and they said that they will be closing at 12 from March 1st..But others say that Nana & Cowboy are not in it.... Who knows

As for Pattaya i couldnt imagine not being able to sit outside Hot Tuna on walking street till the crack of dawn.......if that were the case id have to find another bar out of the thousands.....lol

Phuket, safari tends to go on till around 3 till the boys in brown close it down then we go you no where :o but ive heard that bananas, Tiger, star wars & safari etc will be 1am jobbies....

But as you said there probably still working on it all.....

Patpong bars (special entertainment) can remain open until 2 am but soi nana and soi cowboy cannot. There are no other 'special entertainment' areas of interest to falangs in Thailand...ie., Pattaya, Phuket and Ko Samui must close at 12 am.

Bar owners in the last three areas have appealed so things may change between now and 01 March when the law is effective.

Protest and display your annoyance and take your business to KL or S'pore.

We must punish them...

We all know that Thai ruck Thai wants to end the countries "sleazy" worldwide image. They are striving to attract more "genuine" tourists.

Last xmas i asked everyone that i know who've been on holiday to Thailand why they chose Thailand over say, Malaysia. I asked couples, not single men.

Most of them said they chose Thailand because it has good nightlife. Koh Samui, Phannan etc. They also said Thailand is more readily available in brochures.

When i asked them about Malaysia, i got a "closed weekends" type of answer.

Does anyone know how much more tourists Thailand gets compared to Malaysia?

i might be way off here but in my eyes i regard Malaysia or certain parts of it more of Family spot than Thailand... Could be the familys bumping it up. Just think when was the last time you got a plane to thailand and saw Mummy, daddy and there 2 kids little ricky & joey....lol :D

As i said i might be way off :o

:D

beefy...the point of all this bs has to do with the current 'social order' campaign. Take your business elsewhere, throw thousands of people out of work and it will back fire...social disorder.

Don't matter what you do...lots of folks will be affected by the new closing hours.

I want to see thousands marching down Sukhumvit with banners and singing the International...

sbk...sorry for the delay...my info came from the BKK Post as, understandably, bar owners in Ko Samui, Pattaya and Phuket worry about their business as well as soi Nana and Soi cowboy. Protests were announced and have since been held. We can see now that the measures are under review.

To back down would be to lose face and the cops have lined up anyway to handle 'after hours' activities with their own venues...they are lovin' it.

Again...sorry for the delay