Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O Visa, What To Do After 90 Days?

I have a multiple entry Non immigrant type O (marriage visa) and am unsure as to what to do after 90 days in thailand. Half of what I have read tells me I have to leave the country and then re enter and the other half are telling me that all I have to do is go to any Immigration office in Thailand and do the 90 day reporting?

90 day reporting is for those people who have an extension of stay based on marriage, retirement etc.

Leaving the country (visa run) is for those people, like yourself I think, who have a current valid Non-Imm visa.

So, it looks like you'll be doing a visa run :)

With a multiple entry visa,You must leave the country to activate your next 90 days permission to stay. However, you can extend your permission to stay for 1 year by applying for a marriage extension during the last 30 days of any 90 day permission to stay. The cost is 1900 baht and you will only have to do 90 day reports during the period, not leave the country. You must have 400k in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of at least 40k/month income to qualify.

You might be able to extend each entry by 60 days because" you are visiting your Thai wife". It's up to the discretion of the immigration office that you use especially if you still have a valid visa.. Cost 1900 baht at your immigration office.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

90-day reporting is NOT applicable to your situation at all. Your visa only allows you to stay 90 days per entry, then you have to leave and come back in.

90-day reports are a legal requirement to report your address to the Immigration authorities whenever you have spent more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

You are not allowed to stay longer than 90 days, so you will never be legally required to report your address.

Edited by partington

whistling.gif There is no such thing as a "marriage visa".

You get a visa in a Thai consulate outside of Thailand.

You either have one of two things.

Either you got a multi-entry one year visa from a consulate outside of Thailand which requires a 'border run" every 90 days to a nearby Thai border and you get a 90 day stamp when you re-enter Thailand

OR

You have an extesnsion of your visa based on marriage to a Thai that you recieved in Thailand by going to your local immigration with the documents (like your Thai marriage liscense).

I'm assuming that is what you have.

In that case you do 90 day reporting at your local immigration office.

So you either have a mult0 entry visa which you got from a Thai consulate outside of Thailand ..... do border runs every 90 days for anothe stamp

OR you got an extension of your current visa because you mat\rried at Thai .... done at your local immigration ofice and requires 90 day reporting at that same office.

Depending on what you have ..... you do oe of those two things.

Yes, Non-O (Visiting family) visa, I leave the country every 90 days. Some people may not like it but I enjoy my little excursions for the day. Going down the reporting to Immigration route is a far larger hassle than a day out.