Best Android Tablet?

george

First decide if you want a 10" or 7" model... 10" is best for home use, watching movies, etc, while 7" is more suitable for on-the-go usage

For that budget, I don't think you could go wrong with a Samsung... Though some people (myself included) find their custom TouchWiz interface to be annoying, in which case you might prefer one of the Nexus units, these run "pure" Android, and as a side benefit are the first to receive major OS updates (for which Samsung is notoriously slow)

FWIW I was in HK a couple of months ago and did not see any of the Nexus tablets in the major shopping malls, so that may be a difficulty

I agree with negreanu (post #4). The nexus 10 is a fantastic tablet. Its the only one to have a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixel (more than the new ioad). Samsungs AMOLED LCD gives you excellent colores and readabilty. It has also nice stereo speakers on the left and right edges. The software is plain Android 4.2.2 by now, which means you are totally free of unwanted and unremovable Software by the manufacturer. There will be for sure updates by Google, which is not so sure for other tablets.

I have imported 2 of these from the US, which was sort of expensive because of the shipping and the VAT (one parcel went through the customs). Because my son would like to keep his ipad I have a new one for sale at a reasonable price. I you are interested send me a PM for price and details.

Google Nexus 7 has all the bells and whistles that an iPad nini has. No camera; but who really want's to walk around taking pictures with a tablet? Thousands of apps and Skype. $100 less than a mini ...

samsung galaxy tab 8.9 inch. 10k baht

10 inch is too big for me, 7 inch too small.

Only downside is no sd card slot for expandable memory, so you need an extra external multi-card reader for sd card/usb slot.

Galaxy tab 8.9 is a bit of a niche market device. Might have questionable support sooner rather than later.

Nexus devices are the favourites right now. Expect to see new versions released mid year with updated hardware as new chips about to be released. ie tegra 4.

Everything thing else is a bit long in the tooth been around for a while.

Samsung just released galaxy note 8.

Probably best of the samsungs tech wise at the moment.

As far as non manufacturer support check xda forum and see how much your preferred device is being discussed.

If I had to buy an Android tablet I would definitely go for a Nexus 7" 32GB model. IMO, a 7" tablet (screen) is great since you can easily bring it everywhere. I also find this size pretty good for reading. The internal storage at 32GB offer plenty of space to save books, music and some videos.

The price of this Nexus 7" 32GB is great considering the specs and considering other similar android tablet price. 10 900 bahts for the 32GB model.

http://www.shopat7.com/%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0-IT/%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C/tablet/Asus/nexus-7-3g-32.html

Consider storage capability. Some tablets don't come with a TF/MicroSD slot to where you can add storage capability...like sliding in/swapping MicroSD card(s). So, if you buy a tablet with 16Mb storage and no TF/MicroSD slot, then 16Mb is your max storage capability...and if you want to put a fair amount of movies or other big-byte files on your tablet then 16Mb (or even 32GB) don't go far.

• Like 1

I have the TF700t from Asus

+ I can read the screen at 1PM outside comfortable

- you need unlock it and install a custom firmware to get it fluid working

+ but that is easily done

So actually I don't recommend it.