Things To Do In Ubon/si Muang Mai

juju1968

i've got 60 days ( inc time off for good behaviour ) to fill in si muang mai , can anybody suggest things to do, places to visit etc in the nearby area?

Where am i likely to find some falang to sit and whinge with over a beer or 12 ? Si muang mai or I gotta trek into Ubon ? If so , where ?

Are there any places nearby that are worth a squint?

Are there any shops in ubon that sell books in English ( at reasonable cost ) ?

I got sooo many questions...but I guess what I'm really saying is HELP ME !!!!! lol

TIA

...a very lost Englishman

G'Day....your more than welcome to pop into my coffee shop for a good old fashioned English style breakfast, good coffee and a chin wag. My business is called Peppers Bakery and Cafe and it's located opposite the entrance to the air force base. Were open from 8.00 till 9.00pm. Regards John

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day....your more than welcome to pop into my coffee shop for a good old fashioned English style breakfast, good coffee and a chin wag. My business is called Peppers Bakery and Cafe and it's located opposite the entrance to the air force base. Were open from 8.00 till 9.00pm. Regards John

Yea, this place gets my recommendation. I came across it by accident on the way to the airport and use it every time now when flying out of Ubon.