Hiring Intern Students

Hi all,

I have a Thai registered company and would like to hire a intern student from Australia. Can somebody please shed some light on what my obligations are to the Thai Government with fees ect. And what the conditions are as far as the student is concerned. I am hoping to get some advice from someone that has been through this themselves.

Cheers

In my old company we had interns from France, the companu is required to make sure they have a work permit, this means that the level of thais to farangs has to be correct as well, you will have to pay tax on their salary and also make sure they are on the correct visa. Social insurance should not be required if not staying for a long time.

Cannot think of anything else/

• Like 1

The working holiday visa might be an option, but one can only work 6 (?) months for the same employer on that visa. The time you can work for the same employer is specifically limited.

If a work permit is required depends I believe. If the internship is part of their study and through a Thai educational institution no WP is needed, but it needs to be reported.

• Like 1