Skywards Tier System.

james.d

Hello All,

I have 28,500 Skywards miles and 23,750 tier miles in the last 12 months and the still a Blue Tier member and my account shows the below:

You need to take 0 additional qualifying flight(s) by 30 April, 2013 to reach Silver.

You require 0 additional Tier Miles by 30 April, 2013 to reach Silver (includes future bookings).

Does anyone know how i get to Silver, i will be going Dubai then JFK on saturday and if i can enter the lounges given it says i "require 0 miles to reach silver".

Thank you very much,

Regards,

James.

The miles aren't earned until you complete the entire flight leg, so although it says you will have enough tier miles by April 30th, you will actually have to complete that leg to get the miles allocated to your account. Part legs don't count, so if Dubai is a stop over on your way through to your final destination, there will be no miles allocated.

In short, you won't get access to the lounge in April.

Edited by theblether

I had this same issue a few years ago with EY. I do understand that this thread refers to EK.

I emailed them several weeks before my flight saying that I would reach SIlver by the time that I had reached AUH.

I was very pleased to receive a reply that in that case (confirmed obviously in their system) I would be welcome to use their lounge in AUH on the way to BKK.

And that was the case.

I would suggest emailing them and requesting lounge access. They may just say yes.

Other than that Mr The Blether is totally correct.

I had this same issue a few years ago with EY. I do understand that this thread refers to EK.

I emailed them several weeks before my flight saying that I would reach SIlver by the time that I had reached AUH.

I was very pleased to receive a reply that in that case (confirmed obviously in their system) I would be welcome to use their lounge in AUH on the way to BKK.

And that was the case.

I would suggest emailing them and requesting lounge access. They may just say yes.

Other than that Mr The Blether is totally correct.

That's a great suggestion. I fly a lot and sometimes find myself a few miles short of privileges. I will give your suggestion of writing the airline a letter a try.

Why didn't I think of that?