Working At Thammasat- Rangsit Campus- Where To Stay?

Lenalernt

Hello,

I got my dream job as a language teacher at Thammasat University for 9 month, starting in June.

I will work outside of Bangkok at the Rangsit Campus, Pathum Thani.

Does anyone have a good advice where to stay?

Is it recommended to stay in Raangsit or in the suburbs of BKK?

Does anyone stay in Rangsit and knows a nice place there?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you,

Lena

Hi

There are three rental apartment blocks in Bangkhae which is only a very short walk/ride away from Thamasat Rangsit. Motorbike maybe 2 minutes (10-20 baht). Ask at the campus and they will probably give you the same reply.

Future is about 20 minutes away. Yellow (AC) bus number 510 (Victory Monument - Future Park - Thamasat.

GL whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

If you are only looking for a place to stay fro a night or two, there is a hotel called "The Campus", well it is a few nice rooms in a dormitory type place.

I often stay there as it is very convenient for my companies Prathum Thani office.

750 Baht a night, there is a bar very nearby and a few food places.

Maybe a good place to stay initially, meanwhile all along that road you will see more permanent places available, there are signs up everywhere from 5000 baht a month to 10000 baht a month.

Here is the agoda link, I'm sorry I don;t have their direct contact details - but will be there later next week for a night (PM me if you need it, or if you want me get weekly/monthly rates from them)
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/the_campus.html?cid=-211&urltogo=/asia/thailand/bangkok/the_campus.html&cklg=1

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for your advice!

I already stumbled upon The Campus in internet as well and thought it looked nice.

And its probably the best to check in there for a couple of days first and take a look around the area for myself.

Hello everybody,

haven't found anything yet and as my boss offered to help me with that I will wait and see what he suggests.

Might as well rent a room in a hotel for the first week and take a look at free rooms myself as well.

Here is a helpful (thai) website for those who are searching for a place to stay in Thailand:

http://www.hongpak.in.th/

Thanks for yourt advices!

Lena

• 10 months later...

Hi Lenalert - Can you tell me if you found a place nearby Thammasat Rangsit that you like? My son will be going there as an exchange student (from the U.S.) in August and we're trying to find a clean, nice, solo apartment with a workout room and pool if possible. I spent a lot of time in Thailand some years ago, and the pool is a must for those of us felled by the heat. But it needs to be really close to TU. Any suggestions? He doesn't want to room with another student at this point as he has been living in his own apartment for some time at school. Thank you!

Never rent rooms for long time unseen. Try even to sleep 1 night to check for any unwanted things-like the pig sluaghterhouse next door or so.

The choice is: -weigh yourself the pro's and con's:

1.very close by campus-with nothing much to do there eves and always long trips to go to the city

2.Rangsit-has everything you need for day-to-day-life, a fairly big, though mostly blue-collar, suburban subtown. easy trip to campus-vans, bus, much more as just the 510.

3.in town-near the Vict. Monument-has direct vans for 40/50 bt to campus, via tollway-taking some 45 mins normally (non stop till Rangsit).

also search for site like ''mr roomfinder''

Thank you, Asanee - I'm thinking 45 minutes to/from campus each morning/evening might be a lot of time in the van for a student who goes to school Monday through Friday. At the same time, I have spent time in Bangkok (many years ago) and I would want to be near the river. When I was there I worked for an airline so we stayed always at the Royal Orchid and used the river as a freeway to avoid traffic. Do you think it's reasonable to live in town and commute to Rangsit every day, or could it be hours and hours in traffic at rush hour? It has been 20 years since I was in Bangkok and back then the traffic was incredibly bad. Thank you!

Thank you, Asanee - I'm thinking 45 minutes to/from campus each morning/evening might be a lot of time in the van for a student who goes to school Monday through Friday. At the same time, I have spent time in Bangkok (many years ago) and I would want to be near the river. When I was there I worked for an airline so we stayed always at the Royal Orchid and used the river as a freeway to avoid traffic. Do you think it's reasonable to live in town and commute to Rangsit every day, or could it be hours and hours in traffic at rush hour? It has been 20 years since I was in Bangkok and back then the traffic was incredibly bad. Thank you!

No it would be a nightmare!

Ok super early or super late. Any normal time of day and the best part of hour from centraL Bangkok.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL