Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi Question!

Litha

Hey all,

I am going to meet my friend at the airport and was wondering if I can take the airport rail link to get to and from there? I have only used this a couple of times and as a passenger departing and arriving Bkk so not really sure (and can't really remember to be honest!) if as a non passenger I can still use the train services.

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question. I have looked everywhere on the airport link website but none where it says anything of the sort, only remarks like "passengers".

Thanks!

Doesn't the 100 baht express ticket from town have a free return journey within 24 hours? or perhaps on same day before midnight? Take the 45 baht out to Swampy, then pay 1`00 baht for the return journey to impress the visitor? Urr?

If you do use the express train you will want to find an updated schedule. A couple of weeks ago I was going to take the express train to the airport, but when I got to the station there was more than an hour wait for the next train. And this was around 11:15 a.m. I was told the next express train would depart at 12:30.

I then purchased a ticket for the city line, and when I got to the platform I saw that I had a 17 minute wait until the next city line train.

The timetable on the website shows the express train departing every 30 minutes, but based on my experience from two weeks ago, this is no longer accurate. I don't think I will be attempting to use this train again. An express train departing this infrequently isn't worth the hassle.

Proper much more comfortable seats on the express train & luggage racks.

Express journey time 15 mins, city train, 30 mins.

I recently traveled from Bkk to Pattaya this way. Taxi a very short distance to Phaya Thai. Express train to Airport. Bell bus service to hotel. Only mistake I made was not pre-booking the bus so had about a 2 hour wait for an available seat.

If you do use the express train you will want to find an updated schedule. A couple of weeks ago I was going to take the express train to the airport, but when I got to the station there was more than an hour wait for the next train. And this was around 11:15 a.m. I was told the next express train would depart at 12:30.

I then purchased a ticket for the city line, and when I got to the platform I saw that I had a 17 minute wait until the next city line train.

The timetable on the website shows the express train departing every 30 minutes, but based on my experience from two weeks ago, this is no longer accurate. I don't think I will be attempting to use this train again. An express train departing this infrequently isn't worth the hassle.

Timetables were changed in January. The website has not been updated and most likely won't be for some time, one of those SRT issues....This was posted in the ARL thread,http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/369458-airport-rail-link-again-sorry/

Express times are now hourly from both Makkasan and PT. Cityline every 20 mins but a little shorter in the peaks.