Wallet Found Belonging To A Us Citizen

GeorgeO

Take it to the us embassy,they'll hook him up

I doubt they want to get into the lost & found business and just getting in to see an officer without an appointment or queuing up for a long time would be a chore.

At least before doing that, email the embassy and ask for their suggestions, assuming no one contacts you via TV. If he is a tourist rather than a registered resident of Thailand, they wouldn't know anything more about him than the address on his drivers license would show anyway.

I doubt they want to get into the lost & found business and just getting in to see an officer without an appointment or queuing up for a long time would be a chore.

At least before doing that, email the embassy and ask for their suggestions, assuming no one contacts you via TV. If he is a tourist rather than a registered resident of Thailand, they wouldn't know anything more about him than the address on his drivers license would show anyway.

No they will take it and mail it to the address listed on the drivers license if one is in the wallet, Had a American friend who lost a wallet in Paris and it was turned in to the American embassy and they forwarded it to his address in Germany where he worked.

Yes, I was considering that if I don't hear from him, but I live in Samut Prakhan, so I'm hoping to avoid the trip.

I guess you could just put it in a box together with a letter and send it by EMS to the Embassy.

You might also try to find his home phone number on the net based on his address in the US and call there as they are probably in contact with him. He may be really screwed right now without his ATM or credit card. If you need help PM. If you need help tracking his home down in the US or calling, let me know, I am currently in the US.

Have you also considered checking with the police to see if he maybe reported it stolen? I think that is the first place somebody goes to search for a missing wallet and not the embassy or Thaivisa ... probably also the place most people go to try to return a found wallet.

Regardless, great of you to make an effort to help this person out but when you take a responsibility like this you really need to see it through as quickly as possible or hand it off to the police or embassy because if the guy is hurting without this, those are the places he is likely to go first and coming on to Thaivisa is probably the last thing on his mind right now.

Good Luck and am guessing the guy will be hugely relieved if you get him his wallet back before he gives up and cancels all his cards.

Thank you to MooKwai, and well done for identifying the owner of the lost wallet.

I am currently attempting to contact him, and hope to have the item returned to him very soon.

Thank you to everyone else who attempted to help, as I noted in my response to MooKwai, we can only hope that others would do the same for us.

Best Regards,

GeorgeO

Thank you to MooKwai, and well done for identifying the owner of the lost wallet.

I am currently attempting to contact him, and hope to have the item returned to him very soon.

Thank you to everyone else who attempted to help, as I noted in my response to MooKwai, we can only hope that others would do the same for us.

Best Regards,

GeorgeO

Kudos to both of you.

Good stuff guys.

smile.png