90Days Check And Living In Chiangmai Questions..

eden8

Hello guys,

Chiangmai seem to be a good & affordable place to live.

One question: do you find troublesome to report to the authority every 3 months?

is the water clean for the condo / house you live in?

Is there a way to be thai citizen so that we do not have to report to the authority every 3 months?

How long have you guys been staying in chiangmai and still on the 90days routine stuff?

Regards

Curious eden

"One question: do you find troublesome to report to the authority every 3 months?"

No but if i did there is a service for 1,000 or 1,500 baht that will do it for you four times a year.

People using the service are starting to disagree on the price so I give you both. Makes no difference as they are not that much if it is a problem for you

good enough to shower in I buy my drinking water.

Is there a way to be thai citizen so that we do not have to report to the authority every 3 months?

Yes but it takes years and then you have to be lucky. Why the question if you don't even know the 90 day is good or bad for you.

How long have you guys been staying in chiangmai and still on the 90days routine stuff?

7 years

My advice to you is go some where else besides Thailand it is pretty obvious the 90 day thing is to much of a problem for you.

Regards

Curious eden

The 90 days visit It no doubt a bit of a nuisance, but not troublesome, in any event one can sent someone else to do the reporting, wife, gf. etc, and give them the following bundle

Copy of passport photo page

Copy of passport latest visa extension page

Copy of TMQS Page - (last arrival card)

Original last 90 days notification sheet

TM 47 application form, fully completed.

One's passport must be shown as well.

They return with the new 90 days notification sheet, next application form, and the return of the passport.

Edited by personchester

I don't find it a problem doing 90 days I just show up late afternoon and it takes like twenty minutes. The only problem is remembering to do it! There is also a girl at the school who goes there for us if we remember to give it to her on time. The late fee if you are over checking in is 2000 BAHT.

I've never heard of anyone not having to do the 90 days. Obviously it must be possible but it is very rare so must be extremely difficult.

As for the water, yes it's clean enough to shower in and possibly even drink BUT, that's when I turn on the tap and water actually comes out!

Edited by Krupnik

"One question: do you find troublesome to report to the authority every 3 months?"

No but if i did there is a service for 1,000 or 1,500 baht that will do it for you four times a year.

People using the service are starting to disagree on the price so I give you both. Makes no difference as they are not that much if it is a problem for you

Yes but it takes years and then you have to be lucky. Why the question if you don't even know the 90 day is good or bad for you.

7 years

My advice to you is go some where else besides Thailand it is pretty obvious the 90 day thing is to much of a problem for you.

Regards

Curious eden

hello dolly,

thanks you for the information.

i haven't married and thinking of finding a gf in chiangmai..

one thing i like is i can live around the mountain and enjoy the wonderful air up here..

and i still can get internet access..(my work is online based. :P)

food wise, i am a big fan of fruits & vege..semi-meat eater . i am thinking of growing my own fruit eg. banana, apple in the backyard etc..

I don't find it a problem doing 90 days I just show up late afternoon and it takes like twenty minutes. The only problem is remembering to do it! There is also a girl at the school who goes there for us if we remember to give it to her on time. The late fee if you are over checking in is 2000 BAHT.

I've never heard of anyone not having to do the 90 days. Obviously it must be possible but it is very rare so must be extremely difficult.

As for the water, yes it's clean enough to shower in and possibly even drink BUT, that's when I turn on the tap and water actually comes out!

water wise, i might get filtering system to clean up the water..

Ah yes, we've all been enjoying the clean mountain air for the past six weeks!

Hello nancy,

i assume you near around mountain area.

Questions:

Are you affected by the smog in the area you stay?

How was the weather ? is it cooler up there?

Edited by eden8

Yeah, that's why sometimes I visit the "retire in CM for $500/month websites" and send them emails about how unrealistic that is. No question a single person (with discipline) can live on $500 per month, most months, but they better have a good reserve for medical and other emergencies. Usually those websites don't mention anything about that or how the $500/month budget goes out the window once someone acquires a Thai GF.

Yeah, that's why sometimes I visit the "retire in CM for $500/month websites" and send them emails about how unrealistic that is. No question a single person (with discipline) can live on $500 per month, most months, but they better have a good reserve for medical and other emergencies. Usually those websites don't mention anything about that or how the $500/month budget goes out the window once someone acquires a Thai GF.

indeed. i do come across chiangmai through these retirement posts on the internet. perhap, it wasn't that true.

7 years

Regards

Curious eden

hello dolly,

thanks you for the information.

i haven't married and thinking of finding a gf in chiangmai..

one thing i like is i can live around the mountain and enjoy the wonderful air up here..

and i still can get internet access..(my work is online based. tongue.png)

food wise, i am a big fan of fruits & vege..semi-meat eater . i am thinking of growing my own fruit eg. banana, apple in the backyard etc..

>I don't find it a problem doing 90 days I just show up late afternoon and it takes like twenty minutes. The only problem is remembering to do it! There is also a girl at the school who goes there for us if we remember to give it to her on time. The late fee if you are over checking in is 2000 BAHT.

water wise, i might get filtering system to clean up the water..

Let me know when the apples come in. I try to eaT one a day and most of the year they are not all that tasty.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Still I have to go see her once a month.

As for filtering systems there are several threads about them. I don't pay them that much attention as I don't need one. But I think if it is possible the better ones are found in Bangkok. As I say I don't really follow them that much and this statement may bring in some knowledgeable people on them. I know you can buy them here in Chiang Mai.

OP, let us assume you are not a troll just posing silly questions for the fun of it.

You have received some remarkably kind (sometimes guarded or "tongue-in-cheek") advice and information from some nice people who inhabit this site.

So, now to be blunt, it really doesn't sound like you are ready to travel here, let alone live here. Or travel anywhere, really. I say so based upon the nature of your questions and such limited information about yourself as you have provided. That sounds unkind, but it is well-meant. In any case, being educated by "chat rooms" isn't a great solution. Here, so far, you have been fortunate to run into a few helpful responders.

There are services here that help untraveled expats. In different ways, direct and indirect, they will charge you money for services: legal services, insurance, investment advice, and more. The best of them are not "evil." They are just making money off of naive expatriates who arrive here thinking heaven knows what about the realities of living here. Then, there are the dregs who will line you up with girl friends and so on.

Perhaps you should visit first? With a round-trip ticket.

OP, let us assume you are not a troll just posing silly questions for the fun of it.

You have received some remarkably kind (sometimes guarded or "tongue-in-cheek") advice and information from some nice people who inhabit this site.

So, now to be blunt, it really doesn't sound like you are ready to travel here, let alone live here. Or travel anywhere, really. I say so based upon the nature of your questions and such limited information about yourself as you have provided. That sounds unkind, but it is well-meant. In any case, being educated by "chat rooms" isn't a great solution. Here, so far, you have been fortunate to run into a few helpful responders.

There are services here that help untraveled expats. In different ways, direct and indirect, they will charge you money for services: legal services, insurance, investment advice, and more. The best of them are not "evil." They are just making money off of naive expatriates who arrive here thinking heaven knows what about the realities of living here. Then, there are the dregs who will line you up with girl friends and so on.

Perhaps you should visit first? With a round-trip ticket.

Hello mapguy,

I have research & read up alot about living in chiangmai.. i do agree that i should really take a trip down to CM to experience myself..

before i do that, it is best to get feedback to prepare myself mentally on what i will expect. The information share here have been very very helpful to me. very eye opening with the minor fee charge for paper work etc.