Chalerm Urges Deep South Authorities To Try To Restore Peace

webfact

DPM Chalerm urges Deep South authorities to try to restore peace

BANGKOK, 23 April 2013 (NNT) – The deputy prime minister in charge of security has urged all authorities in 5 southern border provinces to work harder in restoring peace in the violence-torn region.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Ubumrung said on Monday that he has already instructed authorities in 5 southern border provinces to promptly and actively implement all state-initiated policies to solve years-long insurgent violence in the region.

In order to restore peace, Mr. Chalerm believes the police should boost the public’s faith in the justice system and the authorities are to review all cases and arrests made under the Emergency Decree.

The DPM commented that any case found to carry insufficient evidence should lead to the cancellation of respective arrest warrant.

He added that all 5 Deep South governors are now working with the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center to identify the areas, where the number of violent incidents has come down, and submit the report within 90 days, in order to help the authorities decide if the Emergency Decree should be lifted and replaced with the Internal Security Act.

The Deputy Prime Minister also made known that he is willing to hear all opinions related to the restoration of peace in the far South while stating that the Cabinet will consider the allocation of needed budget to implement approved proposals to further develop the southern border area.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-23 footer_n.gif

"The DPM commented that any case found to carry insufficient evidence should lead to the cancellation of respective arrest warrant." ....... being identified as somebody that has handled explosives by an empty plastic box with a car ariel hanging out of it.....or is that still sufficient evidence?

• Like 1

Mr. Chalerm believes the police should boost the public’s faith in the justice system

Words fail me.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Chalerm comes from a totally different planet, and so decrees yet another 90 day wonder in the fight against whatever happens to be going on inside his head.

There is no hope, none whatsoever.

• Like 1

I feel much safer now that Chalerm has ordered all the security officials in the South to try harder. Of course, they may resent the implication that they are either incompetent or lazy, especially when it comes from a man who is both.

Mr. Chalerm believes the police should boost the public’s faith in the justice system

Words fail me.

How about implementing a fair and corruption free justice system first before asking the people to have faith in it?

• Like 2

"instructed authorities in 5 southern border provinces to promptly and actively implement all state-initiated policies to solve years-long insurgent violence in the region"

Anyone who can remember all those state-initiated policies? If yes, what are they?

6 months ago Chalerm was going to have the problem fixed and peace in the south. But then none of his 3 month projects worked out for him.

90 day rule, no longer applicable. Extreme overuse coupled with credibility concerns.

This is becoming a joke. You can't just bark orders from your ivory tower in BKK and expect the situation to mend itself. It's just going round in one big circle year after year, I'm feeling there's some ulterior motive to keep this unrest dragging on...

• Like 1

I feel much safer now that Chalerm has ordered all the security officials in the South to try harder. Of course, they may resent the implication that they are either incompetent or lazy, especially when it comes from a man who is both.

He is only that way when he has not taken enough ear medicine to muddle his brains.

I guess it is a lose lose situation for Thailand.

"instructed authorities in 5 southern border provinces to promptly and actively implement all state-initiated policies to solve years-long insurgent violence in the region"

Anyone who can remember all those state-initiated policies? If yes, what are they?

Is he implying that there are no policies against insurgency in the other provinces or is he saying there is but they are not using them. I suppose that helped get some city halls burned down in 2010 they didn't have a policy against it or they were not told to in-force it.

I still maintain that all though she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer Yingluck Making frequent visits to the south to talk to the people and let them know that she cares and treats them like her Chiang Mai neighbors she could win the citizens over and they would be less likely to hide the terrorists.

You people might think my plan sucks but so far it is better than Chalerm could come up with on his soberest days (give him time to sober up) with his top advisers. And the military hasn't been able to handle it either.

Mr. Chalerm believes the police should boost the public’s faith in the justice system and the authorities.

Good Idea implement in all of thailand.

Could start easy by making corruption illegal. I am sorry that have been done.

Could make the courts independent of pollitics. I am sorry that have been done.

Could make all persons in Thailand equal to the law. I am sorry that can not be done.

Fly on the wall

I keep thinking "What has Chalerm got on this government that keeps him in such high office" !!!!!

He is truly a total incompetent fool.(words chosen carefully)

Since he was a police captain, Mr. Chalerm has been collecting dirt which he used to gain power which let him collect more dirt which he used to help the very powerful. He knows where all the skeletons are buried and is now untouchable.