Uk To Thai Bank Transfer

Hi

I now use UKforex it gives me the best rate and no charge over £3000.00 there is a £7 charge if under that ,but wont do under £1000 . I buy on line then do transfer to them and money is paid into my Bangkok bank its so easy . I was using Hifix but the rates were not good i get about 1 bt more per £ with Ukforex and lower charges . It will take a little time to set up but its worth it , banks are really expensive .

Totally agree. Why use SWIFT UK bank transfer as they are a rip off. UKForex are good HiFX not quite as good but will do smaller amounts under £1000 I think their lowest transfer is £500 and the more you transfer the cheaper it gets.

This might seem unusual. Does anyone know what is the best way of sending money from Thai bank account to British bank account?

Pick your source and target banks and make a SWIFT transfer! Or are you really asking a different question?

CM I thought your usual advice is to get a cheque with cash from BB then deposit it in the UK, that way the bank here cannot screw for on the x rate as they normally change to pounds here

You will incur charges at both ends, well I do with Lloyds/Bangkok Bank.

I transfer from several UK banks to my Thai banks and all the banks do charge their fees, the Thai banks fees are in the region of 200 to 250 baht.

The transfer fees from UK the Banks are between 25 to 45 pounds.

this is my 2 bank combo also... £20 charge in uk + 'split charges' (cheapest) results in around 200baht charge/deduction once arrives in Th.

Are you using Internet banking for he Lloyds part of h transfer, should be cheaper n that, I pay £10 for £1400 pm

clarification... it's £20 charge over the counter in Lloyds, which is what i use.. well aware of their internet option but for reasons i prefer the face to face & £20 is nothing really.

this is my 2 bank combo also... £20 charge in uk + 'split charges' (cheapest) results in around 200baht charge/deduction once arrives in Th.

Are you using Internet banking for he Lloyds part of h transfer, should be cheaper n that, I pay £10 for £1400 pm

clarification... it's £20 charge over the counter in Lloyds, which is what i use.. well aware of their internet option but for reasons i prefer the face to face & £20 is nothing really.

I have an offshore sterling account with Lloyds and international transfers from that account are free.

Sent using the iPad App.

I have an offshore sterling account with Lloyds and international transfers from that account are free.

Sent using the iPad App.

good for you...

Sent using my fingers on a computer keyboard.

Sent using the iPad App.

good for you...

Sent using my fingers on a computer keyboard.

Sorry, did my adding a comment to the thread offend you in some way old chum? Or was that "humour"?

Sent using the iPad App.

• 3 months later...