Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The big man wants him :o :

Gerrard wants Barry at Liverpool

_44704069_gerrard_barry_203.jpg

Steven Gerrard has said he is "desperate" for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry to join him at Liverpool.

Barry, who is expected to lead England against Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday, will talk about his future after he returns from international duty.

"I want Gareth Barry to become a Liverpool player. I am desperate for us to sign him," said Gerrard.

"He's a good player. I want Liverpool to be as strong as possible and Gareth Barry will certainly make us stronger."

Gerrard's comments are likely to rile Villa manager Martin O'Neill who has already criticised Liverpool's handling of the situation.

Barry is a quality player - Gerrard

O'Neill is determined to keep hold of his captain and earlier this month claimed Liverpool's £10m cash plus player bid undervalued the midfielder.

But Gerrard, a good friend of the 27-year-old, believed Barry, who has two years remaining on his contract, needed to play Champions League football.

"Gareth Barry is someone who will improve Liverpool. We can't be disrespectful to Villa. He is still their player and we will see what happens," said Gerrard.

"Naturally, they are going to try and keep hold of him, and rightly so because he is one of their star men. He has been a fantastic servant for them over many years.

o.gif

"I know all about Gareth, I am good friends with him off the pitch and I am desperate for us to sign him.

"You talk about improving the team, the starting XI and the squad, and Gareth will certainly help Liverpool to become a better team.

"It is easy to play with good players. I've been asked a lot of questions this season about Fernando Torres and the simple answer is 'it's easier playing with quality players' - and Gareth comes into that category."

Barry has only ever played for Villa and is due a testimonial, having signed professional forms with the club in February 1998.

o.gif

Gerrard added: "I am sure Gareth will find it hard to leave Villa. He has been fantastic for them but, in football, sometimes opportunities come along where you can better your career.

"I think Gareth is 27 now and he needs to play Champions League football. In my opinion, he needs that now. "I've enjoyed playing with him for England. He is quite an easy player to play with. He keeps it simple, he is easy to read and I certainly enjoy playing with him because I've got a good relationship on and off the pitch."

I shall look up that website and thanks. It was Gilette not Hicks in Montreal anyways not that it matters, enough about that. Good news on Barry, Anything to keep Gerrard happy should be done. From what I have read up on Barry it sounds almost too good as he would certainly improve, let's hope for it.

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:49:34 +0000

The new Liverpool manager sent scouts out around the world looking for a new striker to replace Michael Owen and hopefully win Liverpool the title.

One of the scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges him to come over to Anfield.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Man Utd with only 20 mins left.

The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 mins and wins the game for Liverpool. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football.

Hello mum, guess what?" he say's. " I played for 20 mins today, we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mum, " Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed, beaten and then interfered with and your brother has joined a gang of looters, while you were having a great time."

The young lad is very upset, "What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry."

"Sorry!" says his mum, "It's your fault we moved to Liverpool in the first place!" :D

Kan Win :o

P.S. Old one, but what the heck :D

Liverpool Football Club looking certain to sign a top Serie A star this summer.

The Reds have been chasing Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena since the end of the season, and the Reds are on the verge of completing a £7million transfer for the 26-year-old.

"Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged documents via fax," said the Italian’s agent Federico Pastorello on Wednesday afternoon. "The deal is practically done."

Dossena’s arrival is sure to signal the end of Norwegian international John Arne Riise’s time on Merseyside, with the former Monaco fullback being heavily linked with a move to Roma.

Peter Crouch could hold the key to Liverpool Football Club’s pursuit of Gareth Barry.

Rafael Benitez has been chasing the England international midfielder ever since the season ended, but he has received little encouragement from Martin O’Neill who understandably wants to keep his skipper.

However, it is being reported that the Aston Villa boss will reluctantly let Barry move to Anfield if an offer of £8million is made – and former Villains striker Crouch is also thrown into the deal.

The beanpole target-man has expressed his frustration at the lack of first team football he is receiving on Merseyside, and he could be tempted to join O’Neill’s improving Villa squad.

Looks like we are getting ready to give Chelsea and Man U a good old fashioned ashh kickin'. I can't say that I mind.

The Reds have been chasing Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena since the end of the season, and the Reds are on the verge of completing a £7million transfer for the 26-year-old.

"Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged documents via fax," said the Italian's agent Federico Pastorello on Wednesday afternoon. "The deal is practically done."

Dossena's arrival is sure to signal the end of Norwegian international John Arne Riise's time on Merseyside, with the former Monaco fullback being heavily linked with a move to Roma.

Peter Crouch could hold the key to Liverpool Football Club's pursuit of Gareth Barry.

Rafael Benitez has been chasing the England international midfielder ever since the season ended, but he has received little encouragement from Martin O'Neill who understandably wants to keep his skipper.

However, it is being reported that the Aston Villa boss will reluctantly let Barry move to Anfield if an offer of £8million is made – and former Villains striker Crouch is also thrown into the deal.

The beanpole target-man has expressed his frustration at the lack of first team football he is receiving on Merseyside, and he could be tempted to join O'Neill's improving Villa squad.

Looks like we are getting ready to give Chelsea and Man U a good old fashioned ashh kickin'. I can't say that I mind.

"Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged documents via fax," said the Italian's agent Federico Pastorello on Wednesday afternoon. "The deal is practically done."

Dossena's arrival is sure to signal the end of Norwegian international John Arne Riise's time on Merseyside, with the former Monaco fullback being heavily linked with a move to Roma.

Peter Crouch could hold the key to Liverpool Football Club's pursuit of Gareth Barry.

Rafael Benitez has been chasing the England international midfielder ever since the season ended, but he has received little encouragement from Martin O'Neill who understandably wants to keep his skipper.

The beanpole target-man has expressed his frustration at the lack of first team football he is receiving on Merseyside, and he could be tempted to join O'Neill's improving Villa squad.

It looks like we've got the left back Canadianvisitor , and it also looks like Alonso is on his way out :

Liverpool will unveil £7m-rated left-back Andrea Dossena as their second summer signing on Thursday. (Various) Juventus have agreed terms with Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso but have to agree a fee with the Reds, who want £16m compared to the Italian club's £14.5m offer.

I don't know if this is old news but it is news to me. We are seven weeks removed from watching the Team go forward.

Liverpool have confirmed that they will travel to Spain to face Villarreal in a pre-season friendly on Wednesday, July 30.

The clash against Manuel Pellegrini's side, who finished second in La Liga behind champions Real Madrid, has been arranged under the terms of the deal that saw three times Golden Glove winner Pepe Reina move from El Madrigal to Anfield in the summer of 2005.

The kick-off time for the friendly clash is still to be confirmed.

We having a saying at our hockey games,

"I can smell it, can't feel it or touch it yet boys, but I am definitely starting to smell it."

Cheers!

I just found this out now.

Dossena delighted to seal Liverpool switch

Andrea Dossena is delighted to have sealed his transfer to Liverpool Football Club.

The Reds have paid £7million for the Udinese defender, and he will become the first Italian international to play for the Anfield club after agreeing a reported four-year contract.

"He had his medical on Wednesday and we are just awaiting the formalities of that but we would think everything will be signed very shortly," Federico Pastorello told Sky Sports.

"An agreement between the clubs was hard, but we all found it and everything is now ready. To have the chance to work with a coach like Rafa Benitez was something he could not turn down.

"That was an important aspect of his decision and he cannot wait to get started."

Capello wants Gerrard as skipper

STEVEN GERRARD has emerged as favourite to land the full-time England captaincy.

Sources close to manager Fabio Capello say he will make a decision in a fortnight.

And the Italian has indicated he would prefer a midfielder to take the armband when the World Cup qualifiers kick off in Andorra in September.

Rio Ferdinand and John Terry remain in the frame but Liverpool ace Gerrard now appears to be the frontrunner.

A source close to Capello said: “Fabio is thinking very hard about this decision but likes to see his captains in the middle of the park bossing the game.

“No one has been ruled out but it looks like Gerrard is ahead.”

Capello has used a number of captains with Gerrard, Terry and Ferdinand all taking the armband.

David Beckham regained the job in the win over Trinidad and Tobago and Gareth Barry took over when Becks was subbed.

The Sun

A little bit of transfer news for the lads :o :

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso's expected move to Juventus is likely to go ahead now a fee of £14million has been settled. (Daily Telegraph).

Liverpool will bide their time in their attempt to sign Aston Villa's England midfielder Gareth Barry, despite the rejection of a £13million bid. (Daily Mail)

LFC fixture list 2008/9

Wednesday 30th July 2008

Friendly

Villarreal v Liverpool 19.45

Saturday 16th August 2008

Barclays Premier League Bet

Sunderland v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 23rd August 2008

Liverpool v Middlesbrough 15.00

Saturday 30th August 2008

Aston Villa v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 13th September 2008

Liverpool v Man Utd 15.00

Saturday 20th September 2008

Liverpool v Stoke 15.00

Saturday 27th September 2008

Everton v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 04th October 2008

Man City v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 18th October 2008

Liverpool v Wigan 15.00

Saturday 25th October 2008

Chelsea v Liverpool 15.00

Wednesday 29th October 2008

Liverpool v Portsmouth 19.45

Saturday 01st November 2008

Tottenham v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 08th November 2008

Liverpool v West Brom 15.00

Saturday 15th November 2008

Bolton v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 22nd November 2008

Liverpool v Fulham 15.00

Saturday 29th November 2008

Liverpool v West Ham 15.00

Saturday 06th December 2008

Blackburn v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 13th December 2008

Liverpool v Hull 15.00

Saturday 20th December 2008

Arsenal v Liverpool 15.00

Friday 26th December 2008

Liverpool v Bolton 15.00

Sunday 28th December 2008

Newcastle v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 10th January 2009

Stoke v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 17th January 2009

Liverpool v Everton 15.00

Tuesday 27th January 2009

Wigan v Liverpool 19.45

Saturday 31st January 2009

Liverpool v Chelsea 15.00

Saturday 07th February 2009

Portsmouth v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 21st February 2009

Liverpool v Man City 15.00

Saturday 28th February 2009

Middlesbrough v Liverpool 15.00

Wednesday 04th March 2009

Liverpool v Sunderland 19.45

Saturday 14th March 2009

Man Utd v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 21st March 2009

Liverpool v Aston Villa 15.00

Saturday 04th April 2009

Fulham v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 11th April 2009

Liverpool v Blackburn 15.00

Saturday 18th April 2009

Liverpool v Arsenal 15.00

Saturday 25th April 2009

Hull v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 02nd May 2009

Liverpool v Newcastle 15.00

Saturday 09th May 2009

West Ham v Liverpool 15.00

Saturday 16th May 2009

West Brom v Liverpool 15.00

Sunday 24th May 2009

Liverpool v Tottenham 15.00

Villa and Torres have done well together for Spain, so perhaps that would be a great partnership. Villa's first goal was set up by Torres. If one of them is off perhaps the other one won't be so that could be a lethal duo similar to Berbatov and Keane at Tottenham. But Liverpool has defense so I think that would certainly help in a title attempt. Hope he comes but I would say it remains to be seen how well they can work together. They've done well for Spain but not spectacular. Well Villa has done stellar but not sure how much of that you could give to the partnership.

Liverpool Football Club could begin the season well equipped for a Premier League title bid.

The last time the Reds celebrated a league title success was back in the 1989/90 season, during the days when John Barnes terrorised defences down his left wing position.

That could be a role for Stewart Downing to fill next season as Rafael Benitez continues to be linked with a £12million swoop for the Middlesbrough winger, or Aston Villa’s Gareth Barry?

And on the other flank, Benitez could add David Bentley, again for around £12million, as the England international revealed over the weekend that he wants to leave Ewood Park.

David Villa of Valencia is widely tipped to partner Fernando Torres in attack next season.

Liverpool Football Club are favourites to lure David Bentley this summer.

The England international has stunned Blackburn Rovers by demanding a transfer during the summer window, as he seeks to realise his ambition of playing for one of the bigger clubs in England.

"I made it clear to the club what I wanted to do," Bentley told Sky Sports News. "My situation is I want to move on, I want to be playing UEFA Champions League football. I want to be playing in Europe.”

It is believed Bentley’s first choice of new employers is Liverpool, and this is good news for Rafael Benitez who would happily spend £12million to prise him to Anfield for next season.

Sounds like Rafa is getting set to load up on English boys at last. Good thing too, it will be sure to keep the team from acting up. I think we are in for a good fight, this is the kind of aggressive signing that will bring the team to form. Stevie deserves it.

Edited by Canadianvisitor

I'm not convinced on either Bentley or Downing, particularly Downing. Both of them have a tendency to be selfish and hold on to the ball looking for glory. Conversely, if Rafa can educate them to get their crosses in earlier................? And as you rightly point out, They are both English and the possible 6-5 rule is clearly a consideration here.

As for Reina! Well, he may well be a great shot-stopper but I'm a wreck when the crosses come over!

Barry seems to work well with Stevie G and that would be a dream with them both feeding Torres, but equally, I feel we'll need to provide Torres with a strike partner. I think we'll be lucky to get Villa; 2 seasons now we've been after him without success. Strange as it may sound, I believe we could acquire 2 wingers and bring Babel into this partnership.

Who would you like to see partnering Torres?

I am thinking Villa is being smoothed over by the prospect of playing with Torres. If Barry is coming then

the I think that half of Europe will want to get in on the parade. It bodes well for the Club if both

(if they are coming) sign early, it would set a precedent for others to want to be part of the growth phase.

Seeing that they have released a few players thus far, do you think they already have a deal in principal

with either Barry or Villa verbal or otherwise.

I think they won't give up until they get Barry. Don't know about Villa.

No, I think the 6-5 rule is not even being thought about as UEFA has said they don't agree and it's at least four years from happening if it even does.

LIVERPOOL hope their Valencia connection will help them capture Spanish star David Silva.

Rafa Benitez is preparing a raid for the winger after growing tired of trying to reach agreements for Espanyol’s Albert Riera or Newcastle’s James Milner.

And the Anfield boss believes Valencia’s precarious financial position will see him get his man for little more than half the £20million they have initially suggested.

Valencia have to fork out around £20m a MONTH in payments and interest for their new stadium.

And, while publicly, they insist they do not want to lose any stars, privately they are in desperate need of cash.

Prize asset David Villa has rejected Chelsea’s overtures but though Benitez would love him on Merseyside, he is likely to prove out of reach.

Yet Silva is hardly second choice, after impressing in Spain’s march to the last eight at Euro 2008.

Benitez hopes he has an ace up his sleeve in chief scout Eduardo Macia, who has close links to Silva, 22.

Macia was working with Valencia’s youngsters when Silva broke through. The scout helped him get a loan move to Eibar, which set him on the road to glory at Celta Vigo and then back with Valencia.

The Sun - today

:angry:Sun

LIVERPOOL hope their Valencia connection will help them capture Spanish star David Silva.

Rafa Benitez is preparing a raid for the winger after growing tired of trying to reach agreements for Espanyol’s Albert Riera or Newcastle’s James Milner.

And the Anfield boss believes Valencia’s precarious financial position will see him get his man for little more than half the £20million they have initially suggested.

Valencia have to fork out around £20m a MONTH in payments and interest for their new stadium.

And, while publicly, they insist they do not want to lose any stars, privately they are in desperate need of cash.

Prize asset David Villa has rejected Chelsea’s overtures but though Benitez would love him on Merseyside, he is likely to prove out of reach.

Yet Silva is hardly second choice, after impressing in Spain’s march to the last eight at Euro 2008.

Benitez hopes he has an ace up his sleeve in chief scout Eduardo Macia, who has close links to Silva, 22.

Macia was working with Valencia’s youngsters when Silva broke through. The scout helped him get a loan move to Eibar, which set him on the road to glory at Celta Vigo and then back with Valencia.

The Sun - today

The :o - today. YOur obviously too young to remember!

Liverpool rocked as Villa price rises to £32million

Valencia are believed to have DOUBLED their asking price for David Villa which, if true, is more than likely to end Liverpool Football Club’s interest.

Before Euro 2008 the Spaniards were asking around £15million for their star striker, as financial troubles at the Mestalla looks to have forced their hand in selling the 26-year-old.

However, his price shot to around £20million when he scored a hat-trick against Russia in the Finals, and as his form as Spain’s progress continues, reports in Spain claim Che now want £32million for his signature.

As much as Rafael Benitez would love to pair Villa up with his Los Rojas pal Fernando Torres in a potential world-beating strike partnership, if is unlikely he would be able to push through a deal at that price.

Liverpool Football Club are plotting a move for David Silva.

The Reds are desperately trying to bolster the left side of their midfield this summer, with Hamburg star Ivica Olic and Middlesbrough’s Stewart Downing previously linked in recent weeks.

However, reports on Friday suggest Rafael Benitez will turn to his former club Valencia, who are having financial difficulties, and lodge a £20million bid for Silva.

The 22-year-old would be a great signing for Liverpool, but with Aston Villa’s Gareth Barry also said to be on his way for possibly as much as £20million, does Benitez have the funds to pull off the deal?

The Sun - today

I got pictures of me on the trams down Queens Drive - bit daft at 21 years old! :D

We swore we'd never BUY it. I never have - internet read

Edited by The Vulcan

The Sun - today

I got pictures of me on the trams down Queens Drive - bit daft at 21 years old! :D

We swore we'd never BUY it. I never have - internet read

I would never even read that sh#te on the internet mate :D , and the S word is banned on this thread :D .