Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Hilarious this one - before it was the owners, and The Fat Waiter (Manager) was immune, no significant changes - yet same old story, and now it's the manager. Manuel bought a lot of <deleted>, and Liverpool are now having to pay for it. Hodgson deserves a minimum of 6 months before any criticism IMO.

playground level knowledge and comment there today. you're capable of better.

hodgson's so far out of his depth the fish have got lights on their noses. but he's a consequence of the malaise, not the cause. do wish he'd stop making a cock of himself in his post-mastch press conferences though.

Unlike the previous bloke you had as manager you mean????

At least he doesn't come out with any so called FACTS!

Roy clearly has got not clue. Get him out before we get relegated!

I've got a feeling he won't last to see the clocks go back!!

But it's the owners fault isn't it? not the managers?

It can be both you know. It isn't compulsory to be either / or :D

The Liverpool fans I work with were gutted when Hodgson was announced and they have seen nothing to make them change their minds.

The Liverpool fans I work with were gutted when Hodgson was announced and they have seen nothing to make them change their minds.

I agree, I think that is one of the reasons why Hodgson is coming in for so much stick - he wasn't the manager that the fans wanted, and to a degree I can understand the reasoning. He is and has been a proven solid manager with a fairly decent track record, however Liverpool fans expect and demand more. I'll try to elaborate a little more for Stevie's benefit as he did say he expects better from me. Hodgson is certainly a symptom of the current problems with the ownership of the club, Benitez had problems with the ownership, but a lot of his decision making both tactically and within the transfer market need to be called into question. In the end he was the maker of his own downfall. The fans, certainly were hoping for someone like Mouriniho or another high profile manager, but to be fair considering the current situation at the club it is highly unlikely that any of the really top managers would want to touch it with a barge poll. Hodgson, was available,looking for a bigger club, probably reasonably cheap and had just had a decent season with Fulham, operating on smaller budgets - i.e. perfect for the current owners. If the club is sold to more financially viable owners, then I'd xpect to see a managerial change, however that is unlikely to happen with the current owners remain in control.

• Like 1

I agree, I think that is one of the reasons why Hodgson is coming in for so much stick - he wasn't the manager that the fans wanted, and to a degree I can understand the reasoning. He is and has been a proven solid manager with a fairly decent track record, however Liverpool fans expect and demand more. I'll try to elaborate a little more for Stevie's benefit as he did say he expects better from me. Hodgson is certainly a symptom of the current problems with the ownership of the club, Benitez had problems with the ownership, but a lot of his decision making both tactically and within the transfer market need to be called into question. In the end he was the maker of his own downfall. The fans, certainly were hoping for someone like Mouriniho or another high profile manager, but to be fair considering the current situation at the club it is highly unlikely that any of the really top managers would want to touch it with a barge poll. Hodgson, was available,looking for a bigger club, probably reasonably cheap and had just had a decent season with Fulham, operating on smaller budgets - i.e. perfect for the current owners. If the club is sold to more financially viable owners, then I'd xpect to see a managerial change, however that is unlikely to happen with the current owners remain in control.

I would say that is a fairly decent appraisal Mr Toad.

But it's the owners fault isn't it? not the managers?

I thought that when it's not the owners fault and not the managers fault then it's UEFAs fault?

What I don't understand as he's bought a real quality central midfielder in Meireles and then is playing him on the right! What the hel_l? Play him in the center of midfield where he's supposed to be brilliant! Now, I know players who have been successful in Spain or Portugal don't always make it in the Premier League but at least play him in his dam_n position.

And if he's now playing Cole on the left and Meireles on the right, the only width will be coming from full backs, which is asking a lot for the whole game.

Why not:

[Kuyt] [(Poulsen/Lucas)] [Meireles] [(Cole/Maxi/Jovanovic)]

Gerrard

Torres

?

Seems like an obvious setup for our squad so I'm just not getting why he can't put Meireles in his favored position and give him a chance there.

Edited by Jimjim

At home against Blackpool - hope we manage a draw <_<

No left back either.

LB position - Martin Kelly is now available and fit to play against Blackpool!

With all other options injured - Paul Konchesky (hamstring) and Fabio Aurelio (Achilles tendon) , Daniel Agger ( groin problem)

Embarrassing!

Roy needs to go now. Bring in Kenny short term.

Clearly the players don't want to play under Roy, he has absolute no idea what he is doing or most importantly control. Look at how he sets us up again at home to lesser teams!

Championship football next year.

he's inept. totally out of his depth, incapable of managing a team which has any level of expectation, tactically naive and yet somehow arrogant with it. plus his public statements are just beginning to make me really dislike him.

I feel your pain boys, we have been there so many times, I know what your going through. It really doesn't please me to see you struggling like this. It obviously looks like not one of them wants to play for Roy.

Then it's obviously not the managers fault so why should he be the one to go? He needs to sell the overpaid primadonnas that don't want to play for him and get in some that do.

Edited by PattayaParent

Sort of the same situation last Year although seemingly worse, but Gerrard, Torres & the GK, aside, the Players Liverpool have are nowhere near good enough to be challenging for what Liverpool expect to be challenging for..

better than this dross roy is serving up though m. johnson, agger, kuyt and meireles are all good players. cole's alright. they're being told to sit back and defend in numbers and then boot it up to that torres lad, see if he can do something. it's pathetic, regressive, small club &lt;deleted&gt;.

Great way to " sign off " before the Intl break.

How we didn't manage to score in the 2nd half I don't know. Fair play to Blackpool and what a top guy Holloway seems to be.

because we were gash and clueless. we ended up with gerrard at centre half, meireles at left back and kyrgiakos up front. it's comical. i was actually laughing at half time.

Great way to " sign off " before the Intl break.

How we didn't manage to score in the 2nd half I don't know. Fair play to Blackpool and what a top guy Holloway seems to be.

because we were gash and clueless. we ended up with gerrard at centre half, meireles at left back and kyrgiakos up front. it's comical. i was actually laughing at half time.

'and kyrgiakos up front'

Bloody unbelievable that was! explains why he didn't sign a Striker :annoyed:

Liverpool have fallen way behind in the financial side of football. To add to their problems Torres is becoming another Michael Owen plagued with injuries. A fit Torres at the top of his game would camouflage a lot of their problems. :huh:

ESPN Soccernet is reporting Liverpool's on the brink of sale. Thought it just may be a headline.

Two solid bids have emerged and the 3 members on the board not Hicks and Gillett want to accept one of them but H&G do not want to accept as it sees them getting no money for their shares of the club.

I am wondering about the legality of selling the club 3-2 on the board without the approval of the owners. It seems they initially accepted the bank's request for them to give up real authority to a board of 5, with Broughton as the chair, so this could be done?

It's really all over my head but it's an encouraging story, albeit slightly. Will have to see if this story holds any weight or not and if the board can really approve a sale without the owners approving it. Also, the story is a bit sketchy on what they mean by no money for H&G. I'm interpreting it to mean the loans to the bank would be paid off but Hicks and Gillett would not make any profit.