Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I am mystified how there has been so much press saying that Liverpool should have given Hodgson more time and money. Hodgson claiming he has been hard done by, he was promised a season to reshape the team when he joined and still thinks he should get the England job.

Surely you answered your own question within about 3 or 4 seconds of writing ??

Classis quote from 606..

====

606: DEBATE Kenny must be allowed a couple of seasons to get the team sorted out, we must be patient as fans and not expect a miracle overnight <BR clear=all>aliverpoolfan

====

:D

& Dalglish is now a candidate affter one defeat, for the Job permanently..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9355796.stm

What a strange Club & set of Supporters, honestly..

Classis quote from 606..

====

606: DEBATE Kenny must be allowed a couple of seasons to get the team sorted out, we must be patient as fans and not expect a miracle overnight <BR clear=all>aliverpoolfan

====

:D

& Dalglish is now a candidate affter one defeat, for the Job permanently..

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/9355796.stm

What a strange Club & set of Supporters, honestly..

If Hodgson gets a £7.5m payoff then the local hero should get at least as good a deal.

What's so difficult to understand? :D

Id have thought when he took over there would have been a clause in his contract enabling any new buyer to pay him off on the cheap were they to get rid, it was an appointment by the administators was it not?

Hardly likely to put a 7.5 mil get out clause when in such a case.

Id have thought when he took over there would have been a clause in his contract enabling any new buyer to pay him off on the cheap were they to get rid, it was an appointment by the administators was it not?

How much is that per game or per week? :blink:

Even a pikey jock like me aint got that many fingers and toes.......:(

How much is that per game or per week? :blink:

Its a little bit under how much i should earn a week if the world was a fairer place.wink.gif

After seeing the TV replay many times its clear Agger makes contact with Berbatov's trailing leg which would have been enough to make someone running lose balance hence its a penalty ... Agger was at fault Berbatov done his job.

Said with the blind devotion of a true fan.

I watched it over and over, could not see any contact whatsoever. I do not see how anyone could go on debating that could be even close to a penalty. Not in a million years. The only benefit of the doubt is that Berbatov lost his footing on his own, so maybe, maybe shouldn't have gotten a yellow card, but he fell to the ground, far, far too easily whatever the case. Looked like a great dive.

Another bogus penalty for Man U vs. Liverpool at Old Trafford, twice in the last 3 matches there between the two, and both awarded by Howard Webb.

Can't have many complaints about the red card as he did catch his foot with studs up, though got plenty of the ball. But you just can't make a challenge like that, reckless...

Do one you muppet! youv'e got no clue about LFC or its support!

Do one? What do you think this is? Your gaff?

Public forum. All views equally welcome. Get used to it.

Same to you, Rix. This is a public thread, but an LFC public thread, get used to it.

Apparently Steve Clark to come in as first team coach - any one heard more on this? Certainly seems like a long term appointment this does if its true!

Interesting one this, not sure if Kenny has had any say in it?

You want to hope not, for your sakes..

You saw what he was like with a Team of mediocre Players last Year, they finished on 35 points..

Wonder if you've enquired about Zola too ??? :D

So, Dalglish has Steve Clarke as first team coach and Comelli as a director of football or something like that. Very scary stuff. i wish him the very best and i think he'll need it.

After seeing the TV replay many times its clear Agger makes contact with Berbatov's trailing leg which would have been enough to make someone running lose balance hence its a penalty ... Agger was at fault Berbatov done his job.

Im not from Surrey, and dont like visiting dreary Manchester, no red supporter here. But he 100% clipped his leg.

Seemed to do a good job doing that for Mourinho at Chelsea - I think Zola was West Hams problem !

You know nothing about WHU or it's Management, Ex Management or Support..

Mwahhhh xx :D

& Dev, after him being appointed Liverpool's number 2, i never thought for a moment you'd think he had anythign at all to do with how poor we have been for past 2 Seasons cos, let's just say, you're getting a tad predictable old Boy & i reckon the red tinted Glasses are now actually glued on....:D

No seriously, the pair of them were horrific, clueless & it knocked me for 6 because i stupidly thought that Zola AND Clarke, & i say AND because he was very much part of the Management Team & had a hell of a lot of clout to tactics & formations etc, but it knocked me for 6 how poorly we were set up & organised for certain Games, it was incredible to see & incredibly depressing too..

We stayed up by deafult on 35 Points & they SPENT ( that is SPENT stevie ;) ) a lot of money to a Club like us whilst they were at our Gaff, getting THEIR team right.

Chelsea Cnuts..

Well sounds all doom and gloom then from what you say Singh.... jeeez! but then again your always wrong so that's something at least :D

Juts watched the live Press conference with Kenny and Damien... They called Clarke to offer him the job last night and he just did the first training session with Kenny this morning... lets hope for our sake we get a bit of investment in players (the right players at the right price), we build some confidence back and there's some badly needed unity in the club. That Kenny's job now and hopefully Clarke can translate some of Kenny ideas to the players in training - maybe a new face in training and 'modern' methods is what the lads need instead of what Kelly was serving up!.

Certainly a new air and a buzz around the club! only time will tell (not much I admit) but were all hoping.

Kenny does'nt have a chance with those two as his team. Bloke deserves better. i will also reiterate, damien as you call him Dev, is a &lt;deleted&gt;. You should hear what Martin Jol had to say about him, and guess what, the first thing that Redknapp made sure of.........seeing Damien was shown the door before anymore damage was done, as it was already very considerable. All his "finds" were on everyone elses "one to watch" list or already up and comers and the others faded away because they were hopeless.

But wasnt he there when Berbatov, Modric, Carrick, Bale, Dawson, Huddlestone, and Lennon arrived?

OK i'll end this. The role he was responsible was to "FIND" new talent. Not take the credit for Levy signing players that EVERY CLUB knows about.

Funny you add Carrick, Hudd and Daws to that list as even Damien himself does'nt have the nerve to take credit for them.

He has some credit for Berbatov though and yes buying him for 11.9 and selling him for 30m was great business.

Apart from that he's a shit stirring waste of space. it seems when Levy actually sat down and looked at what Damien's real contribution was Damien was off.

BTW, he also gets the credit for Assou Ekotto if you are looking at our first team and Bentley was also one of his "FINDS" when he was arguably Blackburns best player.

Bored of talking about Damien anyway but i would like to see Kenny do well.

Apparently Steve Clark to come in as first team coach - any one heard more on this? Certainly seems like a long term appointment this does if its true!

Interesting one this, not sure if Kenny has had any say in it?

You want to hope not, for your sakes..

You saw what he was like with a Team of mediocre Players last Year, they finished on 35 points..

Wonder if you've enquired about Zola too ??? :D

So, Dalglish has Steve Clarke as first team coach and Comelli as a director of football or something like that. Very scary stuff. i wish him the very best and i think he'll need it.

No, we know NOTHING about Liverpool Football Club, it's Supporters or it's Management Team, even if we had them at our own Club's for Years & saw first hand what they can be capable of...

That's how it rolls these days Carmine..

It was all Zola' fault at my Gaff too now apparently/coincidently.

& i know nothing about Football too.

Same to you, Rix. This is a public thread, but an LFC public thread, get used to it.

Funnily enough Jimjim, was already aware of this being the Liverpool thread. Am also familiar enough with being called names and being told that Liverpool support is something unique and unlike any other club. What else is there that i need to get used to, pray tell?

I can't see a Post that isn't relevennt to LFC so don't see what the problem would be..

If the Supporters of your Club weren't so ridiculously one eyed, you wouldn't have half the Posts you get on this Thread but people feel obliged to comment & so many of the Pro Liverpool comments are just downright ridiculous..

Our club is unique. Liverpool football club have enjoyed the highest heights over many years that brings the club and it's supporters closer.

On the flip side and the more serious note, we have travelled through the darkest times together.

This is why Kenny is respected so much at our club, the way he handled himself and the players when we needed them the most.

I don't want to dwell on the past too much but we will always remember.

This is my opinion and it may not be shared by other Liverpool fans.

Bring on the Blackpool, Kenny's first win.

Thought the things Holloway said were quite funny, top bloke.

Our club is unique. Liverpool football club have enjoyed the highest heights over many years that brings the club and it's supporters closer.

On the flip side and the more serious note, we have travelled through the darkest times together.

This is why Kenny is respected so much at our club, the way he handled himself and the players when we needed them the most.

I don't want to dwell on the past too much but we will always remember.

This is my opinion and it may not be shared by other Liverpool fans.

Bring on the Blackpool, Kenny's first win.

Thought the things Holloway said were quite funny, top bloke.

You have a wonderful sense of humour. But still talk a load of #$%&$# :)

Singhers so right...none of us will ever understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan. :lol:

Isn't it about time to mention King Kev's - sorry King Kenny's - Trial by Ordeal with Everton on Sunday - he resigned after a 4-4 nailbiter, I wonder how he feels about the rematch.

If Blackpool do them midweek he might be sacked by Sunday anyway. You know how finger-pointingly fragile they are over there. :blink:

But wasnt he there when Berbatov, Modric, Carrick, Bale, Dawson, Huddlestone, and Lennon arrived?

OK i'll end this. The role he was responsible was to "FIND" new talent. Not take the credit for Levy signing players that EVERY CLUB knows about.

Funny you add Carrick, Hudd and Daws to that list as even Damien himself does'nt have the nerve to take credit for them.

He has some credit for Berbatov though and yes buying him for 11.9 and selling him for 30m was great business.

Apart from that he's a shit stirring waste of space. it seems when Levy actually sat down and looked at what Damien's real contribution was Damien was off.

BTW, he also gets the credit for Assou Ekotto if you are looking at our first team and Bentley was also one of his "FINDS" when he was arguably Blackburns best player.

Fair enough that Carmine and seems to be the sentiment amongst most Spurs fans about Camolli and his time there, thanks for the interesting point of view with a decent argument unlike others that come on here to either wind up or stir a reaction!

I was looking at some data and in no way am I way saying I believe Camolli is the bees knee's just trying to look at other points of view and the jury is certainly out on him!I am not convinced a DoF is the answer as it certainly and needs a very clear understating between Owners, DoF and Manager to work!

However essentially you have to look at Camolli as a Scout who identifies players and then ultimately tries to sign them if agreed by the manager and owner. HOWEVER surely it has to be the managers final say if a player is singed or not given if funds are available - this is where I can see problems for sure!

On his signings ratio to success rate this seems high though... which surprises me I have seen a number of charts/data on his signings and so I was surprised as to why there is so much resentment towards him and yet others respect his approach to his signings. And key to me is he is apparently an excellent negotiator! that's one area LFC has really been let down with over the years (Parry for instance good grief!)

Wasn't that his job to identify players and help get them signed.

I would say in the modern game I cant imagine there are too many top flight clubs that don't have a massive scouting network so very few stand out youngster will go unnoticed...

That's the point I don't get Carmine that you make about to only find new talent but instead he takes the credit for players that have been targets of other clubs. Surely that's a decent bench mark isn't it? And to add to that by then taking that risk to sign them.So many factors have to be considered in the process and where not talking small money for upcoming talented players- so many risks and with so little success in young players is almost standard for clubs it seems to throw money away.

Comolli caught the eye of a few Clubs in his approach to scouting players in particular John W Henry LFC's new owner - I have seen a word 'empirical data' being thrown around which apparently is helping you as a researcher to make more objective decisions without too much emotional factors clouding the decision. Its based more on proven in-depth data of the player over a period of time, with price, mental state, physical history and other key factors with very little emotion used in the decision - cold hard data.

Anyway again I certainly don't know the future, I just hope he has identified some good young players in line with NESV philosophy of obtaining success in 3-5 years by getting in the best management first, finding the best young talent and I have no doubt Kenny can steady the ship on the pitch in the short term and unite the club...only time will tell!

Edited by Devil

Fair enough that Carmine and seems to be the sentiment amongst most Spurs fans about Camolli and his time there, thanks for the interesting point of view with a decent argument unlike others that come on here to either wind up or stir a reaction!

Dev i know i couldn't get a reaction out of you if i was prodding you for a couple of hours with my fcukign Cattle Prod but i will never, ever stop trying...:D

You haven't got a clue with regards to dark times on a Football Pitch, off it may be but on it, i don't think so...

I was reffering to off pitch.

Im not from Surrey, and dont like visiting dreary Manchester, no red supporter here. But he 100% clipped his leg.

:cheesy::lol:

What video were you watching? Not a chance in hell he "100% clipped his leg." More like 1%.