time to look and reflect

at the heat thats never spent

its rain in rio

what drag

rainy days in rio

everything seems to sag....----

i change the ending depending how i feel

wai.gif

good that. owes a little nod to the pogues' 'rainy night in soho' though no?

^ Very good.

Nice imagery, fine use of language, however I haven't a f**king clue what you're on about.

7/10

Neither have I mate. But rijiit will get itthumbsup.gif

yeah that's one of mine, weird cos its sort of not complete, but anyway, glad you liked it, whats it about??, its sort of a 'picture' of my manor in london, at the end of winter and the beginning of springsmile.png And steve , no conscious influence from the pogues, I don't really know their stuff tbh. the only 'influence' i'm sort of aware of is 'abandoned luncheonette'bit , which was the name of hall and Oates early album, one of my all time favs .anyway poem time over !! bac to footie!!!!

Edited by rijit

With speculation (GOSSIP) of a possible return of Xabi Alonso, do you think it would be a good return? What are your thoughts on Ashley Williams after the comments in his book, and do we need Ben Arfa? Three possible transfers that I'm not sure of for one reason or another.

With speculation (GOSSIP) of a possible return of Xabi Alonso, do you think it would be a good return? What are your thoughts on Ashley Williams after the comments in his book, and do we need Ben Arfa? Three possible transfers that I'm not sure of for one reason or another.

Xabi Alonso, for 8.5 million why not? Interchange with Stevie, keep them both fresh, even for 1 or 2 seasons worth it I think. I'd like to see some of those passes through to our front 3.

Ashley Williams shouldn't be writing books, but I'd still have him. Knows the league, Knows BR, got a bit of pace and strength.

Ben Arfa looked great before he broke his leg, I'd leave him out.

been a while since i've seen williams play 90 mins and after yesterdays game, tbh ide be looking else where.under pressure he actually aint that smart. and as 4 the other 2 ben afra totally 100% hit and miss and alonso, hmmmm 2 nd time around !!!! and 8'5 mil 4 a 31 year old, sounds a big ask and 4 sure 2 much money

but saying that if they all came and did well, they could push your squad on a step, chances of it happening ????? slim IMO. Oh If i were Rodgers, i'd be looking at trying to nick caulker.

Edited by rijit

A result. Our defending needs sorting ASAP. Henderson impressive, S G the man. Our attack will be the best in the league...if we can keep it.

Good result nelly and I don't want to take anything away from the result but Villas defending is amateur at best. They were all over the place except the place they should have been.

A result. Our defending needs sorting ASAP. Henderson impressive, S G the man. Our attack will be the best in the league...if we can keep it.

Good result nelly and I don't want to take anything away from the result but Villas defending is amateur at best. They were all over the place except the place they should have been.

two gods-awful defences on show. we've got so much attacking quality but at the back we're all over the place. good three points though, i'll take it. and gerrard remains magnificent.

Stevie G's headed off-the-line clearance was the defensive move of the season for me. Pure class - not luck that he was there at the right time - he spotted the exposure, moved like lightning to get there, anticipated the trajectory and executed it beautifully. He deserved a kiss form Reina!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I love Liverpool but will not be going to watch them here. I went in 2009 at Rajamangala Stadium. As it has an athletics track and a 'moat' around the pitch the fans are quite some distance from the players. All the fans with cameras were dying to see the players and not one player did a circuit of the track to thank the fans, poor very poor I thought.

I love Liverpool but will not be going to watch them here. I went in 2009 at Rajamangala Stadium. As it has an athletics track and a 'moat' around the pitch the fans are quite some distance from the players. All the fans with cameras were dying to see the players and not one player did a circuit of the track to thank the fans, poor very poor I thought.

you should drop the club a line about that mate. tell them that fans were left disappointed after the last match and they might make sure the players are aware of it this time around. not that they should need telling, like.

and 14 million 'followers' in thailand my arse. liverpool really are diabolical at PR.

I agree with you here a bit, at the match at least. They seemed to want to get out of the rain as soon as possible. I don't even think they did a warm-down at the pitch. I went walking down the road and their coach passed me not long after the match, I waved at the players and I swear Reina and Kuyt looked right at me and just ignored it ha ha. And my friend and I were the only people there at that spot. Perhaps there was glare, I don't know.

but anyway, ya I saw Lucas and a couple others walk over and do a little clap for a few seconds to some of the fans, but most players just walked out.

I suppose at regular matches they don't do a lap of honor or anything, but I do think for a friendly on the other side of the world where most fans will get their only chance to see the players in person, at the match they should show more appreciation and recognition towards the fans.

However, one thing you will see is small groups of players out and about at events, which are good and a chance for fans to see some of the players up close. I saw Alonso, Spearing and others at Central World mall, and quite up close. So those events are good and they do well on those, just at the match they could have shown a bit more acknowledgement of the fans, most of whom are spending well out of their price range for a football match, compared to the normal prices for Thai matches. You know, just a bit more awareness of where they are and what's going on, really. Think the players don't realize it but someone should be telling them these things.

Just my opinion from when I went in 2009, anyway, so I agree with you!

Also not to mention pre-season friendlies of any club are generally not fun to watch, at all. Players are obviously just getting back to fitness and not sharp at that point, and it's more like a training match for them. Little intensity and it always seems to be more about the fitness than football.

As for the supporter pre-seasons are more about the trip and the beer for the boys wink.png been on numerous pre seasons around the world watching United and every time the experience of visiting another country and sampling the local delicacies has far outweighed the games.

This one for me is more about meeting up with old friends and companions from trips years ago.

As for the supporter pre-seasons are more about the trip and the beer for the boys wink.png been on numerous pre seasons around the world watching United and every time the experience of visiting another country and sampling the local delicacies has far outweighed the games.

This one for me is more about meeting up with old friends and companions from trips years ago.

Why not simply go on trips around the world and forget about football altogether?

• Like 1

Not the most reliable source granted, but would you want him back?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/01/return-of-the-king-chelsea-offer-liverpool-chance-to-re-sign-fernando-torres-in-sensational-cut-price-deal/

As a Chelsea boy I want him gone.

Oops. I see its a April fools. Read the article and it said they were going to give him the 14 shirt.

Edited by mjj

As for the supporter pre-seasons are more about the trip and the beer for the boys been on numerous pre seasons around the world watching United and every time the experience of visiting another country and sampling the local delicacies has far outweighed the games.

We'll meet you on Eccles High St same as last time. No bottlers mind! :P

same team as last week, glad about that. now let's batter fathead.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez

You happy he isnt playing Sturridge with Suarez?

Its the best Ive seen Liverpool play, the 2 or 3 games when those 2 were together. They link up fantastically well. I would play him over Downing every day of the week.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez

You happy he isnt playing Sturridge with Suarez?

Its the best Ive seen Liverpool play, the 2 or 3 games when those 2 were together. They link up fantastically well. I would play him over Downing every day of the week.

don't think sturridge is 100% fit and downing's been in decent form recently. but as a rule yes, when all fit i would start sturridge. and shoot downing then boil him down for glue.

• Like 1

Your boys never even got the oil up to temperature!