Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The big transfer news early on Friday morning is that Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery could be on his way to Liverpool. Bookmakers have slashed the odds on Ribery heading to Anfield, with the France international previously having said he would either join Real Madrid or stay at Bayern.

(SkySports.Com Fridays Transfer Clockwatch)

This could get interesting. I just cant see it though, Munich have been quoting figures of 50, 60 million!

:) I wish I wish.... never going to happen though.

The big transfer news early on Friday morning is that Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery could be on his way to Liverpool. Bookmakers have slashed the odds on Ribery heading to Anfield, with the France international previously having said he would either join Real Madrid or stay at Bayern.

This could get interesting. I just cant see it though, Munich have been quoting figures of 50, 60 million!

not sure the motive behind this, other than to grab headlines on Skysports perhaps??

not sure the motive behind this, other than to grab headlines on Skysports perhaps??

it's a bookies plant and it seems to be working.

rafa.jpg

RAFA BENITEZ is closing in on Atletico Bilbao wonderkid Mikel San Jose.

The central defender, 18, is one of Bilbao’s hottest prospects and has jumped at the chance to switch to the Premiership with Liverpool.

San Jose - who will lead Spain’s U-19’s at the Euro Championships next month - could be available for as little as £750,000. He said: “Liverpool’s interest was a massive surprise for me but I have decided to accept the opportunity to join such a big club. It’s a fantastic chance for me but I know how hard I will have to work if I want to get anywhere near the first team.”

A Bilbao source added: “This is bad news for us but it is impossible for the club to fight against a European giant like Liverpool.”

:):D

rafa.jpg

RAFA BENITEZ is closing in on Atletico Bilbao wonderkid Mikel San Jose.

The central defender, 18, is one of Bilbao’s hottest prospects and has jumped at the chance to switch to the Premiership with Liverpool.

San Jose - who will lead Spain’s U-19’s at the Euro Championships next month - could be available for as little as £750,000. He said: “Liverpool’s interest was a massive surprise for me but I have decided to accept the opportunity to join such a big club. It’s a fantastic chance for me but I know how hard I will have to work if I want to get anywhere near the first team.”

A Bilbao source added: “This is bad news for us but it is impossible for the club to fight against a European giant like Liverpool.”

:):D

I see you are posting your usual.

Rafa has said that Arbeloa is almost certain to go for 6 million, shame really as he was half decent. If it adds to the coffers though.

He also said there will be no Big Big money signings.....maybe a smoke screen, he seems to be playing the whole tranfer stuff very close to his chest not giving much away which I agree with. I reckon there will be some movements next week before the team comes here.

Still no news on the refinace or potential buyout.......I think we are stuck with tweedle dumb and tweedle dee for the forseeable future.

Do the talking on the pitch.

Ace

Just some lads who are ITK back home, we can at least expect one big name to arrive (I don't think Rafa wants to tinker too much). Not looking too good on the Alonso front, but there is a slim chance he will stay. Things should come to fruition this week now that his wedding is over. Sooner all this stuff is sorted the better.

If the team can stay together, there is a great belief and mentallity in this squad to be successful.

Alonso is a saga. Should be a on a stupid soap opera. Rafa always plays things close to his chest but I believe him when he says he wants Alonso to stay, absolutely. But you never know what could happen.

I agree Jimjim, he does want him, but I fear it's Alonso who wants out....I hope I am wrong. He had a blinder last season.

yeah alonso pretty much wants to go and he probably will. i just hope we hold out for a sensible fee for him from madrid.

If Alonso does go, who's gonna replace him from the current squad we have? Lucas?

we would need to buy someone better than lucas. javi martinez and marek hamsik are the two we've been linked with who i like the best but there's also a lot of talk about wigan's lee cattermole.

sell your best player from last season only bring in a average full back, i thought this is your year.

benitez upset alonso last year i can understand why he wants out.

sell your best player from last season only bring in a average full back, i thought this is your year.

our best player last year was steven gerrard and we've signed a very good fullback. and it's got nothing to do with last summer.

Would like to hear it straight from Alonso's mouth. That story had no quotes. Not surprising he feels that way if so, however, I don't feel it's certain he'll leave. The question is, will he be motivated to perform the same for Liverpool if he stays and if he's the one who wanted to leave rather than Rafa trying to sell him?

i think he's enough of a professional that if he's told to stay another year he'd just get on with it jim. he's never shown any indication of being anything other than 100% professional in all his time with us.

i can understand the pull of wanting to play for madrid in a world cup year as he'll want to cement a place in spain's midfield and madrid would help him do that. but i think if we stick to our guns of demanding 35m and not a penny less for him then madrid might look elsewhere.

our best player last year was steven gerrard and we've signed a very good fullback. and it's got nothing to do with last summer.

we can argue the point about best player all day but i think alonso holds your team together allowing gerrard to get forward and look good.

yes johnson is ok nothing special but you really need a good striker as back up, someone like owen or rvn,to risky to rely on torres all season.

yeah if he goes he'll be a massive loss, i won't dispute that. he's hugely important to us and was the best central midfielder in the league last season. but he isn't gone yet.

by the way when did owen become a good striker again and not a has-been crock? about a week and a half ago was it?

yeah if he goes he'll be a massive loss, i won't dispute that. he's hugely important to us and was the best central midfielder in the league last season. but he isn't gone yet.

by the way when did owen become a good striker again and not a has-been crock? about a week and a half ago was it?

owen played 30 games last season not bad seeing newcastle was out of the cups early so no crock,think he scored 10 goals in a very average team give him service at united he will score at least 20 goals.

and if he went back to pool he would score around that too,but you know rafa he does not like to play 2 up front even against the likes of stoke!

owen played 30 games last season not bad seeing newcastle was out of the cups early so no crock,think he scored 10 goals in a very average team give him service at united he will score at least 20 goals.

and if he went back to pool he would score around that too,but you know rafa he does not like to play 2 up front even against the likes of stoke!

eh? nobody successful plays two up front any more.

owen is finished. crocked, no pace, knows where the goal is yeah but then so does mark viduka.

Talking of strikers I see Voronin is back with the squad.

See images attached of training in Switzerland. The Spanish boys will join up in a few days.

Oh and Lance Armstrong in the back ground :) speeding past Carra and Gerrard.

Would like to see a squad list for who went to Switzerland. I'd like to see Spearing and the like play in Bangkok as well as seeing the stars. I think Agger will really push Skrtel for a place this next season. Agger helps out in attack as well as being a good defender. You see against Wigan at Anfield last season he made a bad mistake that basically gave away a goal. But then he made up for it by creating a goal with a magnificent run all the way to the other box. Skrtel and Carra don't really have that quality and rarely get involved that way.

Torres is now a daddy. Check out the remarkably light-hearted and civilized presentation of his baby to the Spanish paparazzi.