Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Really concerned with how thin our squad is at the moment. Our fullback positions are a big problem now with Johnson out. And Lucas out...we saw how fantastically we didn't start without him in the team last match. I think the wingers forgot we didn't have 3 in midfield as the defending from the 4 midfielders was dreadful against Villa in the first half. Rodgers got it wrong from the start in that one, I think.

I think many fans are seriously deluded though at what the point of transfers is. Yes, a loan player can be a stopgap for an injured player, at times. But you don't buy players to replace players who are going to be out injured for 2 months. You buy players to improve the squad as a whole and yes so you can have quality replacements when players go out injured, but you don't give someone a 5 year contract just to be a stopgap for 2 months. Ridiculous thinking I see online these days...

Guess I've been reading too many ignorant comments online. I never expected this to be a big window for us, I don't know why. Just got that feeling. But every window I always see fans saying, "we need more players, we need more players." All the time. We do have a small squad but haven't we seen an improvement this year? Yes, we have. Still need to wait until the end of the season to see how far we've come, really. Sure it'd be good to pick up a player or two this window because we've sold a lot of players and sent others out on loan.

Interesting about Borini and Assaidi and even Suso who've all played well on their loan spells and seems they could be better than the bench players we have right now in those positions, but it's because they are playing every week or at least much more than they were with us. I think they could all be in contention to be in the squad next season and boom, there's 3 signings for you. Especially if we have Europe, those kinds of players will be vital.

Glen Johnson to be given an 'indefinite' rest from football.Rodgers cites numerous injuries & praises Johnson for playing on as he has.

Maybe this news explains his decline in form over the last 6-8 weeks or so!

D'ya think there's a bit more to this than meets the eye mad Mary?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree we need a couple in and I also respect that we will not bend over backwards regarding transfer deals, especially on unproven players......Salah may make the grade but who's to say? I can only see him sitting on the bench at CFC. Sterling is doing ok for me.

We need to focus on CM, DM and cover for the FB's. 8 more days to go and anything can happen.

Interesting to see Wenger moaning RE Mata to UTD is unfair because CFC don't have to play them again, and are hoping Mata will do the biz against the title rivals...hahahah you could not make that sh!t up.

the salah thing is just symptomatic of how amateurish we are in the transfer market. though an attacker like him probably shouldn't have been our priority at the moment with us needing defensive options, we identified this lad ages ago and then just fannied about. again. this has been going on since the benitez era and it's just bloody laughable.

the salah thing is just symptomatic of how amateurish we are in the transfer market. though an attacker like him probably shouldn't have been our priority at the moment with us needing defensive options, we identified this lad ages ago and then just fannied about. again. this has been going on since the benitez era and it's just bloody laughable.

I disagree Stevie, we've pulled some good signings out the bag under the new management, Sakho, Sturridge, coutinho, Mignolet and hopefully Alberto will come good given his chance. The selling club hold all the cards, what are we meant to do? Its very frustrating and imo just shows how the top teams view us (rivals snapping up our potential targets).

I do agree with you 100% in regards to a winger not being our priority at the moment. It's very clear we need a DM and maybe a LB and RB.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 1

I disagree Stevie, we've pulled some good signings out the bag under the new management, Sakho, Sturridge, coutinho, Mignolet and hopefully Alberto will come good given his chance. The selling club hold all the cards, what are we meant to do? Its very frustrating and imo just shows how the top teams view us (rivals snapping up our potential targets).

I do agree with you 100% in regards to a winger not being our priority at the moment. It's very clear we need a DM and maybe a LB and RB.

sturridge and coutinho were both coups yeah, sakho was a good signing, mignolet? hmm. jury out for me still. and alberto was a waste of money - the £22m spent on him, aspas and ilori could have been much, much better used.

in this salah instance though it's the bloody dithering and trying to get the player on the cheap that's so frustrating. we did it back when benitez wanted malouda, we did it last summer with mkhitaryan. like benitez said, when you're competing with other clubs who have much bigger chequebooks you've got to move fast, pay a bit over the odds and get the player in before your rivals know what's happening. we just seem to piss about a lot these days and i think most of that piss seems to be coming from ian ayre's office.

• Like 2

Mkhitarayn wanted to go to Dortmund. Mignolet pulled us out of the shit a few times earlier this season.

Maybe other clubs were in for these players before us, who knows.

Again mate, whilst we find ourselves in a position that exceeded our expectation before the season started, I'm totally with you in doing what it takes to strengthen the team but sometimes its out of our hands.

Bloody he!! This double black johnny walker is strong.

• Like 1

haha, you're on the sauce already? good work.

it's the opportunity cost this season that's really bugging me though. we didn't have a brilliant summer transfer window, we had an ok one. three of the signings have proven to be pretty pointless to the tune of £22m and the less said about the two loan deals the better. that's five players and about £200k+ a week in wages that could have been miles better used on senior, more proven players. we knew that certain clubs around us were going to be shakier this season and it could be the best chance we'll have in years of breaking back into the top four and buying from waitrose again because we've got champions league football to offer.

it is sometimes out of our hands, agreed. but when there is a chance we need to go hell for leather for it and grab it with both hands and not let go. our CEO is a commercial director - knows hs merchandising but as a negotiator and shitkicker in the transfer market seems hugely out of his depth. it's annoying as <deleted>.

• Like 2

it's the opportunity cost this season that's really bugging me though. we didn't have a brilliant summer transfer window, we had an ok one. three of the signings have proven to be pretty pointless to the tune of £22m and the less said about the two loan deals the better. that's five players and about £200k+ a week in wages that could have been miles better used on senior, more proven players. we knew that certain clubs around us were going to be shakier this season and it could be the best chance we'll have in years of breaking back into the top four and buying from waitrose again because we've got champions league football to offer.

it is sometimes out of our hands, agreed. but when there is a chance we need to go hell for leather for it and grab it with both hands and not let go. our CEO is a commercial director - knows hs merchandising but as a negotiator and shitkicker in the transfer market seems hugely out of his depth. it's annoying as fuc_k.

Can't argue with that Stevie. I still see Ayre on fowlers shoulders and laugh about it. Ayre or commoli?

• Like 1

it is sometimes out of our hands, agreed. but when there is a chance we need to go hell for leather for it and grab it with both hands and not let go. our CEO is a commercial director - knows hs merchandising but as a negotiator and shitkicker in the transfer market seems hugely out of his depth. it's annoying as fuc_k.

Can't argue with that Stevie. I still see Ayre on fowlers shoulders and laugh about it. Ayre or commoli?

not fair mate. that's asking me if i want a punch in the face or a kick in the <deleted>.

Ibe, Teixeira, Smith and Sama are in the squad v Bournemouth. Think Ibe and Smith will get games and would like to see Teixeira getting a chance at some stage. Silver lining of having such a threadbare squad at the momentsmile.png . Kudos to the lads travelling....I guess they are just getting up for brekkie about nowcoffee1.gif

^ Or, a chance for some fringe players to make the step up....Glass half full type me!thumbsup.gif

fair dos mate. i'd just rather we had a squad of senior players big enough to rotate properly for these types of match. going into it with half a dozen kids in the starting line-up worries me.

Ibe, Teixeira, Smith and Sama are in the squad v Bournemouth. Think Ibe and Smith will get games and would like to see Teixeira getting a chance at some stage. Silver lining of having such a threadbare squad at the momentsmile.png . Kudos to the lads travelling....I guess they are just getting up for brekkie about nowcoffee1.gif

Ibe ,Smith & Sinclair in squad ,Teixera & sama may have travelled but I can't find them in any 'squad' list.