Imobile Brand Phones?

beb

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where the best place is in Bangkok to go to get my compass fixed on my IQ6A?

Your compass isn't broken, it's absent.

For some reason they chose not to include a magnetometer in that model. The IQ5 also doesn't have.

I'm still finding it difficult to accept that they decided not to include a magnetometer, especially when it was the highest-end model at the time of my purchase just 2 months ago. So I'd like to walk into a service centre and simply tell them to fix it.

News of the i-mobile X is surfacing, even on Engadget.

I've been waiting for a quad core from i-mobile but didn't really want a screen 5" or bigger so this sounds like just the thing I've been looking for. Hopefully it will be available at the Mobile Expo later this month.

--damole

Thanks for the links - the engadget article is very interesting.

I'm almost regretting buying my IQ1 last month. For the price, this new IQ X looks like it is sporting some excellent specs.

I'm still finding it difficult to accept that they decided not to include a magnetometer, especially when it was the highest-end model at the time of my purchase just 2 months ago. So I'd like to walk into a service centre and simply tell them to fix it.

Wow... That's a pretty irrational way to deal with buyers remorse but whatever floats your boat...

The longer you wait to sell it, the faster it's losing value by going from "yesterdays model" to being 3 or 4 generations behind...

Nice, but at that price I would buy a Nexus 4

Unfortunately you cannot get a Nexus 4 for that price, at least here in Thailand.

True, but it has been discussed at length at this forum how to relatively easy buy one from the US using shipito. ;)

Unfortunately you cannot get a Nexus 4 for that price, at least here in Thailand.

True, but it has been discussed at length at this forum how to relatively easy buy one from the US using shipito. wink.png

It will still be more expensive than the IQX. And do not forget that for many people 8GB ROM like in the Nexus will not be enough, so the IQX has the added advantage of an microSD slot. Or you have to buy the 16GB Nexus, which makes it even more expensive...

True, but it has been discussed at length at this forum how to relatively easy buy one from the US using shipito. wink.png

It will still be more expensive than the IQX. And do not forget that for many people 8GB ROM like in the Nexus will not be enough, so the IQX has the added advantage of an microSD slot. Or you have to buy the 16GB Nexus, which makes it even more expensive...

They could get the 16G version @ $350, that's still only 10,400 thb + maybe 1,000 baht shipping. We're comparing a (granted, very good) no-name Thai-Chinese brand against /the/ Android reference phone.

As for microSD slot, I don't think that is so important. In all the years I've used Android phones my memory use has been pretty stable 8G. That includes quite a lot of music (mp3) and a few movies - the latter probably accounting for half of the space used. I rarely watch movies on my phone, I just don't find it enjoyable. Even in the queue in immigration I prefer browsing the internet, checking Facebook and TVF rather than watch movies on a screen that is too small for my middle-aged eyes. Another advantage with the internal memory is /all/ of it is available for programs. No longer the dreaded message "no memory available" when you try to install an app, or you need to start fiddling around with "move to sdram".

The non-user-replaceable battery is a problem, but can be worked around with a "power bank", although at $30 at Ebay I admit that's slightly more expensive than buying a couple of spare batteries. In fact I'm not sure if you can even get spare batteries for the Imobile series. I was unable to find any for my wife's IQ1 (purchased before the N4 was announced) on Ebay.

i BELIEVE . but may be wrong that any proper I-mobile shop can order the spare batteries (if they do have stock)

I like my I-mobile Q6. But have found that with the influx of SO many new models they have forgotten the old (2012/2013) models.

My phone needs a firmware update to make the GPS work.

I bought an IQ X from the Mobile Expo 2013 in Bangkok this morning. First impressions are it's an excellent phone for the money. It does everything and more (and much faster) than the HTC Rhyme I bought last year, and at two thirds of the price.

You can also use 3G on either of the sims which is not possible on other dual sim phones I've looked at.

The only thing I've struggled with so far is when saving a photo as wallpaper. Saving is not a problem but the phone seems to want to crop the photo all the time so you only get the middle of the photo as wallpaper. I can't enlarge the 'cropping' area enough to get all/most of the photo as wallpaper. Anybody know how to save the whole photo, or got any ideas?

• Like 1

I bought an IQ X from the Mobile Expo 2013 in Bangkok this morning. First impressions are it's an excellent phone for the money. It does everything and more (and much faster) than the HTC Rhyme I bought last year, and at two thirds of the price.

You can also use 3G on either of the sims which is not possible on other dual sim phones I've looked at.

The only thing I've struggled with so far is when saving a photo as wallpaper. Saving is not a problem but the phone seems to want to crop the photo all the time so you only get the middle of the photo as wallpaper. I can't enlarge the 'cropping' area enough to get all/most of the photo as wallpaper. Anybody know how to save the whole photo, or got any ideas?

How much did you pay?

Having 3G on BOTH of the active sims is definitely something of interest.

I'd also like to know how much you paid.

Please give us an update after you have had a chance to road test it properly if you don't mind.

Let us know the pros and cons.

I paid 9450 baht. It included a 16 gig SD card and a micro sim with 500meg of free data pre loaded.

My HTC Rhyme cost me 15,000 baht a year ago, although I think they're a bit cheaper now.

Sim one slot is a standard size sim while the sim two slot is for a micro sim. The micro sim was in slot two and I put my AIS unlimited data sim in slot one, then just went into settings to tell the phone which sim to use as default for the internet. You can switch to the other sim in settings in seconds.

• Like 1

Their service are really not bad. Got troubles with Android OS and tried to fix myself by flashing new ROM, resetting all settings etc. It didn't help. Asked service for help and it took only 1 hour to fix and was free. smile.png

Edited by JhonD
  • Like 1

IQX does look great, but it seems a shame to me that they couldn't have designed it in such a way that it will accept any SIM. Having to decide on purchase of phone whether or not you will use AIS, DTAC or True, is a bit restrictive. With the new IQ4 they managed to do away with this business. I assumed all forthcoming I-Mobile phones would be the same.

IQX does look great, but it seems a shame to me that they couldn't have designed it in such a way that it will accept any SIM. Having to decide on purchase of phone whether or not you will use AIS, DTAC or True, is a bit restrictive. With the new IQ4 they managed to do away with this business. I assumed all forthcoming I-Mobile phones would be the same.

I looked at that as well but with all future 3G from all three companies being transmitted on 2100Mhz it isn't really an issue any more.

It all comes down to the chipset, there's far fewer choices for a pentaband chipset than you'd hope because it's not really a mainstream requirement. The list of countries that use both 900/1800 and 850/1900 is very short!

Don't forget it's only a problem for 3g. They will do 2g with any sim, it's only for 3g you need to be careful to buy the 'X' or the "XA". For travelers where else you want to use it is far more important than which provider you're on in Thailand. For example everywhere I go (Europe, Africa) uses 900/1800 so I'd be very foolish to buy the 'XA' version for AIS - better I use DTAC or True. Conversely if I were a frequent traveler to America I'd probably prefer the 'XA'. You only really need a pentaband phone if you're a world traveler (or you're in Thailand tongue.png ).

• Like 1

Anyone bought the IQ9 as well here?Hope to have a short review of it by buyers!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Far as I can tell, the specs apart from screen size (and battery/weight/size obviously) are identical to the IQX.

So same reviews as IQX but with a slightly less sharp display, would be my guess.

Edited by bobl
  • Like 1

Had bought the IQ XA at the show,was given a free i-mobile 3gx sim card with 500mins free outgoing calls+500mb data,16gb sd card,i-mobile polo t-shirt,free back cover and a magnum ice cream!

It's much more smoother than my current iphone 4 and has a better resolution as well.Money well spent for the specs!

I had wanted the IQX instead of the XA but a further check with my home operator that it's using 900mhz-2.5G and 2100mhz for 3G.A pity it's not LTE-2600mhz enabled though...post-158257-13696567957619_thumb.jpgpost-158257-13696568179611_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone bought the IQ9 as well here?Hope to have a short review of it by buyers!

Far as I can tell, the specs apart from screen size (and battery/weight/size obviously) are identical to the IQX.

So same reviews as IQX but with a slightly less sharp display, would be my guess.

Had checked out the IQ9 at the mobile show and it seems it is of a prototype model with a 13MP rear camera.Was told the finalised model will have 18mp camera when it's ready for sale.Apart from the screen size of 5.7 inch as compared to IQX's 4.7inch..every specs is the same,resolution of screen is same as well.

Only the IQ 5.1 has a lower resolution screen.

I asked about the IQ9 at the iMobile shop yesterday - 'Coming very soon' was the reply.

I decided to go for the IQ XA as it's light and easy to carry ..... but may change my mind when I see the IQ9.

But if I'd stumped up for a Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5 I'd feel that I should keep the phone years before upgrading, whereas with these phones I can be 'Jow-chuu'.

• Like 2

I asked about the IQ9 at the iMobile shop yesterday - 'Coming very soon' was the reply.

I decided to go for the IQ XA as it's light and easy to carry ..... but may change my mind when I see the IQ9.

But if I'd stumped up for a Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5 I'd feel that I should keep the phone years before upgrading, whereas with these phones I can be 'Jow-chuu'.

Haha.."jow-chu" we should be frm nw on!:wub:

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Has anybody seen the IQ 1.1? yet? I think some friends of mine would be interested in it.

I was waiting for this to become available after I saw this

http://www.touchphoneview.com/spec/i-mobile-iq-1-1-%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2-%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7-1-1/

I thought it might also be at the mobile expo and was going to compare it with the IQ X but although they had some advertising flyers there they didn't have a phone to look at.

They obviously wanted to push the IQ X..........which worked as I bought one.

Edited by sumrit