U S Embassy Bangkok Is Inviting Photographers To Submit " Photographs Of Life"

webfact

PHOTOS OF LIFE
Celebrating 180 Years of Thai-US friendship

30204864-01_big.jpg
Photo : Benya Hegenbarth

BANGKOK: -- The US Embassy in Bangkok is inviting professional and amateur photographers to submit "photographs of life" to mark the 180th anniversary of Thai-US friendship.

To mark the event, the embassy will host an exhibition of 180 photographs showcasing every life in Thailand and the United States - 90 photographs of life in America by Thai photographers and 90 photographs of life in Thailand by American photographers in July. The exhibit will include images from such famous photographers as Steve McCurry and Benya Hegenbarth.

Submissions are being accepted throughout the month of May. The winning photos from the public will be displayed at the exhibition to be held between July 1921 at CentralWorld. The exhibition will then travel all over the the country.

US Ambassador to Thailand Kristie Kenney encourages all shutterbugs to participate. For more details, and to submit your shots visit www.180Photographs.com.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-26

• Like 2

90 photographs of life in Thailand by American photographers................

Well that counts me out, as I am from Europe. coffee1.gif

Good Luck anyways to those that take part in this Dream Photo Contest.

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

It is not until you read the fine print on the web site that you find out that this is only open to Thais and USA citizens.

So whats your point. seems to me most of you Brits on this forum are USA bashers anyway

"...to be held between July 1921 at CentralWorld."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Does the Nation have sub-editors?

I believe they have been contracted out and sitting in India, I kid you not !

This is why you now see some crazy typos in The Nation that are just crazy, like 3000Bhat for a noodle soup instead of 30Baht, are missed as the person has no idea what a baht is worth. Anyway........ It just makes Thailand that little bit more amazing eh !!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This exhibit is on display now at Central World, ground floor.

90 photos by Americans of Thai scenes and 90 photos by Thais of scenes in the USA.

Very nice and well organized opening ceremony last night with Ambassador Kenny making an appearance.