Bbc & Thailand

timewilltell

Is it me or does the BBC just ignore Thailand? There is rarely any news in the Asia section. Is it that Thailand is just an insignificant blip on the map or is it through some agreement not to upset the cart here? What do you think? Does the USA report the news here too? Of course the events in the UK are not reported here either you may say but are there foreign sections of import to the press here - come to that in America either? Why are countries so insular?

Edited by timewilltell

I think you find that the BBC relies on other sources for its news, unlike "The Bild" in Germany which actually has a reporter in the Pattaya area, if anything happens.

The BBC has reporters based in BKK, but would suspect they are not interest in the stories of balcony diving in Pattaya etc etc

• Like 1

Some good posts here. Hmm the Bildt I do not have subscription to nor is my German too good!

The floods took ages to get into the BBC - so retarded it was unbelievable. I guess the. News just mimics humans - if not of interest ignore it. Hence many sad poor and lonely people. Not important. Then there is Thailand - so insignificant - maybe a theme going on? Humanity has lost something - there is no point in fighting for your country when the ideals change like the wind. A disjointed post sorry - must be bed time ha ha.

Cant go into details on here but there has been at least one BBC reporter who was reporting the truth and had to leave the country very quickly due to certain laws here regarding certain people and their acts.whistling.gif