Bangkok Cop Caught On Video Being Chased Is Identified

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of women are someone's sister and it is not an offence to take someones sister for a bit of slap and tickle. How old was the sister, was she of age?

The thing is was he on duty?

Also how can a Pol Snr Sgt-Major be a junior policeman.

Just seen the previous post which came as I was typing. May answer my question.

Even if he was on duty, that would be an internal disciplinary issue and wouldn't make him a criminal or authorise the other thai guys to make a citizens arrest or beat the crap out of him.

I agree it does't give anyone the right to beat him up but trying to fit someone up for a drugs offence and then extort in order to drop the charge is well outside the scope of any disciplinary offence, well maybe not in the RTP

It would have been helpful if the story included these details, it only states that he took a woman to a hotel.

No, those details were from the news story on TV either yesterday or the day before.

Fair enough, I haven't come across those stories as yet so I duely stand correctedwai.gif

A lot of women are someone's sister and it is not an offence to take someones sister for a bit of slap and tickle. How old was the sister, was she of age?

Even if he was on duty, that would be an internal disciplinary issue and wouldn't make him a criminal or authorise the other thai guys to make a citizens arrest or beat the crap out of him.

I agree it does't give anyone the right to beat him up but trying to fit someone up for a drugs offence and then extort in order to drop the charge is well outside the scope of any disciplinary offence, well maybe not in the RTP

It would have been helpful if the story included these details, it only states that he took a woman to a hotel.

No, those details were from the news story on TV either yesterday or the day before.

Fair enough, I haven't come across those stories as yet so I duely stand corrected

Of course that was thai tv news, so I don't vouch for the authenticity.

I have often called for the firing of all the "police" in Thailand, and for them to be replaced by real police that actually stop crime instead of committing it. But now I have changed my mind. If the current group of " police" can create this level of entertainment, then they do indeed have redeeming qualities..... LOL

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

Points of view:

Rose colored glasses brigade>>

Even though he was supposed to be off duty, in his zeal to help serve

the people of Thailand, he donned his uniform to provide free policing

to stop crime.

Bitter long term expats>>>>

Even though he was off duty, he donned his uniform for some extra fund

raising activities. Works a lot better with the uniform.

His station commander>>>>

Damn !!! Looks like Worawit got caught doing stupid stuff. Ok, to avoid the loss

of face and incoming shit storm, let's just deny he was on duty and let him hang in the wind by himself. We can always bring him back after he performs his vicious term of inactive post....

Final thought. I suspect the Thai police really hate Facebook. Fifteen years ago they did what ever they wanted, and if caught by a single person just deny everything. Now with video up on Facebook, and their antics watched and discussed by millions of Thais, that no longer works. Social media is here to stay as the new sheriff in town, perhaps time for the police to clean up their act.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

A Snr Sgt Major isn't exactly junior and he was on leave for a promotion exam which would have seen him become a Sub Lieutenant ! Just where does the BIB find these people and I wonder what the vetting process, if any, is like. Part of the problem is that everybody has the black on everyone else so anything goes and is duly overlooked or down played. Even Saatchi and Saatchi couldn't improve the image of the RTP.

What does his seniority or otherwise matter? Anyone who has a senior, by definition, is a junior regardless of rank.

This sounds hilarious. Anyone have a video link?

That is the first time I've ever seen a policeman run in my many years of living here

Maybe he's the only one who can run. Most just look like sausages in their extra tight uniforms.

Final thought. I suspect the Thai police really hate Facebook. Fifteen years ago they did what ever they wanted, and if caught by a single person just deny everything. Now with video up on Facebook, and their antics watched and discussed by millions of Thais, that no longer works. Social media is here to stay as the new sheriff in town, perhaps time for the police to clean up their act.

A few will remember in 1970 I thin kt was there was a report I believe in the Nation although it may have been the other one with a photo of a policeman on a rooftop in Bangkok shooting a burgulary suspect with his hands up.

I think that was the first time media reported such incidents. Caused a real fus here..some though it just should not be reported some though the police should chandge and for a little while they did a bit.

Facebook just makes it more widespread.

It wasn't slap and tickle, it was extortion. He made her do a piss test and told her she had to pay money, she said she had none so he made her go back to get some, she went to the toilet and messaged a friend to help her, he is the one who chased the cop.

oh fair enough so it was just business as usual thensmile.png

Business as usual, but he still ran away? Is that how cops uphold the law?

Everyone runs away. It's the only solution. They should make running away an olympic sport giving the Thais something they excel at. Then it would be on all the sports channels, all the time.

Isn't attempted extortion not a criminal offence ?

........er, no, it's just a quaint Thai "tradition"................have that on the highest authority!

I am going to go out on a limb here, and guess the sister was under age.

What else could possibly enrage the brother so much he would chase down

a policeman in uniform, an act contrary to every fiber in the being of a Thai, and be shouting out the policeman was a criminal.

If the sister was 25 years old, none of that would make sense. Will be interesting to see if there is a follow up to this story.....

Edit:

Yes there is a follow up !!! Turns out the sister was extorted. Guess that is the second thing that would enrage a brother so much he would chase down a Thai policeman.. :-) ( sheepish grin)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I have often called for the firing of all the "police" in Thailand, and for them to be replaced by real police that actually stop crime instead of committing it. But now I have changed my mind. If the current group of " police" can create this level of entertainment, then they do indeed have redeeming qualities..... LOL

Extorting a woman is entertaining?

Who knows for sure what really happen maybe the cop did not pay the "sister" after she provided him with some services so she called some friends to go after him to get the money as anything is possible in Thailand!

You're right, who knows for sure, certainly you don't know enough to infer the woman is a prostitute.

Did we read the same article ?? Did I miss the extortion part ?? Do you have access to secret information ?? Edited by EyesWideOpen

Did we read the same article ?? Did I miss the extortion part ??

It was reported on IN channel news (English language) this morning.

The cop tried extorting money from the woman first, and when she said that she couldn't pay he demanded she accompany him to a hotel.

She summoned help by sms, the rest is history

Did we read the same article ?? Did I miss the extortion part ??
It was reported on IN channel news (English language) this morning.

The cop tried extorting money from the woman first, and when she said that she couldn't pay he demanded she accompany him to a hotel.

She summoned help by sms, the rest is history

Ahh thank you. That clears it up. Now I can be freed of the label of thinking extortion is funny. In that case the cop should be fired for abusing the color of his uniform.. And the drumbeat of bad news about Thai police rolls on.

A long time ago I was walking down Sukumvit with a working girl. A policeman in uniform came up to me, and asked me a few questions. I noticed the girl seemed really nervous during the questions. Later at the room she told me it was common for police to demand free sex from working girls, with implied threats if they did not comply.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Just a thought, if the three cops in the clip were on examination leave what were they doing out and about in uniform ?

They've taken leave since the incident that's how.

I think you'll find the Sgt Major was already on leave

Just a thought, if the three cops in the clip were on examination leave what were they doing out and about in uniform ?

Think the on leave part of the story was cooked up after the incident, Thats all they could think of and maybe all thats required.

Only people who like Thai police are other Thai police. Thai police: licensed to extort.

Cannot blame it on them, they only reflect the society they represent.

Politicians, the bureaucrats, the armed forces... hang on... see a pattern here?

Edited by FarangTalk

You think he was on leave. So how do you explain why he was in uniform, stopping someone and giving her a piss test. Demanding sex in lieu of money. What about his two friends? Are they also snr sergeant majors? Were they working or off duty in uniform and looking to extort people too? The explanation that they were/or are on leave from Din Daeng police chief Pol Colonel Panop Worathanatchakuljust doesn't sound reasonable. Looks like a cover up story.

Once again Chalerm's boys in brown have embarrassed Thailand. Maybe all three should be given amnesty by Chalerm and promoted to sub lieutenant.

That video looks like it come from one of those stupid Thai TV programs or a bad comedy movie.

Edited by aguy30