Yamaha Big Bike Dealers In Pattaya And Bangkok

bealus

I want to buy a new motorcycle in the BIG bike division(say 900 ccm up); I did a survey and managed to find

and visit dealers which sell bikes in that categorie.(Like Honda Big Wing in Bang Na).

Till now managed to locate dealers from Honda, Kawasaki, Harley.

As for me I very much like to check out what models of YAMAHA Big Bikes are officially sold in Thailand.

Googeling on internet Yamaha with sub-phrases oddly enough results in a continous referral to the main(?) web-site for

Yamaha; showing me the 110/125 ccm Bikes and it ownly available in Thai lang.

Would appreciate support/info's/adresses from members/bike enthusiasts about Yamaha BIG bike dealers

in Bangkok and/or Pattaya.

Thanks in advance!!!

Took me all but 3 seconds, I have a slow internet connection you know.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/

All in Thai but it shows the big bikes as well and a call center number. If you're lucky they might speak a few words Engrish.

By the way, I think they are located near Fortune tower in Bangkok.

All in Thai but it shows the big bikes as well and a call center number. If you're lucky they might speak a few words Engrish.

Sometimes it's difficult to derive the essence of a post(brain-connections can take longer than 3 sec); states clearly found this site myself as well that it's in Thai language.

Oh well, we live all under the same sky but the horizon's differ individually

Thanks anyway

Of Course can call

Sometimes it's difficult to derive the essence of a post(brain-connections can take longer than 3 sec); states clearly found this site myself as well that it's in Thai language.

Oh well, we live all under the same sky but the horizon's differ individually

Thanks anyway

Of Course can call

This what you write in your OP

showing me the 110/125 ccm Bikes

To me the website clearly shows the pictures of all the big bikes available including YZF-R1, FZ1, Super tenere, FZ8-N, FJR1300A and the Tmax.

And when I click on one of those pictures I'll get all the technical specs and prices in very clear written English with some description of the bike included

z8.gif

DOES IT ALL. AMAZINGLY WELL.

The revised 2013 Yamaha FZ* features both compression and Rebound damping adjustability on the new front fork, while The new shock now features both preload and compression damping adjustability, as well As a stiffer spring. In addition, new fuel-injection settings provide a sportier engine feeling, Quicker revving power character, and more direct and linear feeling from the throttle to the rear wheel.

FZ1 at xx9,000 Baht

FZ8-N at xx9.000 Baht

YZF-R1 at xx9.000 Baht

It even shows which colors are available

Of course one neeed to know how to use a computer.

But it's so much easier to complain and throw in some insults at the same time. NOT?

Prices removed as per forum rule : Don't give too much information to memebers who can't appreciate it smile.png

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

There is a Yamaha big bike shop on Sukimvette in Pattaya. Right next to the true value store Soi Khao Talo. They have a bunch of little bikes outside & a small amount of show bikes (imported) for order. I think its name is Yamaha watersports. they also sell jet ski's & such. I found the staff to be kinda rude & not to knowledgeable at all about their product. Kawasaki is much easier to deal with instead of duh I dunno can write them & find out in about 3 weeks. they walked me on a chance of a sale on a 600 or larger. I bought Kawasaki instead. They were able to answer basic questions. Good luck. If their service shop is as poor as the sales that will be one hella bike to get repairs done on. Pattaya is nor renound for big bike repairs. You have to beg them to adjust your valves & bring them the guages to check the clearances on the valves.

• Like 1

There is a Yamaha big bike shop on Sukimvette in Pattaya. Right next to the true value store Soi Khao Talo. They have a bunch of little bikes outside & a small amount of show bikes (imported) for order. I think its name is Yamaha watersports. they also sell jet ski's & such. I found the staff to be kinda rude & not to knowledgeable at all about their product. Kawasaki is much easier to deal with instead of duh I dunno can write them & find out in about 3 weeks. they walked me on a chance of a sale on a 600 or larger. I bought Kawasaki instead. They were able to answer basic questions. Good luck. If their service shop is as poor as the sales that will be one hella bike to get repairs done on. Pattaya is nor renound for big bike repairs. You have to beg them to adjust your valves & bring them the guages to check the clearances on the valves.

Agree with this, Yamaha Watersports in Pattaya is not the best place. They can get you any Yamaha big bike you want but don't have any new ones sitting on the floor, at least when I last visited, they did have used ones of nice condition. Staff know little about the bikes and even less about maintaining them. Best Big Bikes to purchase in Pattaya area are Kawasaki, Honda, and Ducati - they actually have show rooms and a repair / maintenance center for them here locally. You want to get a Yamaha R1 repaired as an example most likely you would have to take the bike to Bangkok for any competence.

Edited by commande
  • Like 2

Agree with this, Yamaha Watersports in Pattaya is not the best place. They can get you any Yamaha big bike you want but don't have any new ones sitting on the floor, at least when I last visited, they did have used ones of nice condition. Staff know little about the bikes and even less about maintaining them. Best Big Bikes to purchase in Pattaya area are Kawasaki, Honda, and Ducati - they actually have show rooms and a repair / maintenance center for them here locally. You want to get a Yamaha R1 repaired as an example most likely you would have to take the bike to Bangkok for any competence.

Thanks Beardog&Commande for this useful information; anyone else who has similar experiences or even(almost scared to ask)can recommend a shop/dealer

for sales or maintenance either BKK or P.)

Keep in mind that warrantgy issues with Honda or Kawasaki will most likely also be dealt outside of Pattaya, as the Pattaya dealer is known not to honor warranty's.

There is a topic in the Pattaya forum regarding this issue, though it concerns small bikes, it is the same dealer.

Thanks Beardog&Commande for this useful information; anyone else who has similar experiences or even(almost scared to ask)can recommend a shop/dealer

Honestly for Kawasaki the best place in my opinion is the main dealer in BKK although they didn't have anything Super Sport in stock, it's by order only. Honda Big Wing in Pattaya compared to Kawasaki Pattaya is night and day difference in customer service even though interestingly they are both owned by Miyton Group, Honda right now is spectacular. Ducatti in Pattaya, also limited to no real supply of Super Sports although they have some nice bikes ready to purchase and I have heard that they are competent at basic maintenance, anything serious though and the bike has to go to BKK, probably true of all big bikes though.

Honda Big Wing in Pattaya has just about every model Super Sport bike from 600cc to 1000cc in stock sitting on the show room floor including a Gold Wing that many come in and drool over, especially the Thai's. All this being said, lot of really nice bikes on the market even in Thailand although you have to order them, not many in stock because they cost so much and the sales are so small that they just don't keep them sitting around generally, (exception being the dealers that sell big bikes that are ordered in Grey Market from overseas and have no Green Book, advise you stay away from those) keep this in mind for maintenance to because they probably don't stock the parts for them either so you need anything major you will be waiting a month and or need to plan; took Kawasaki in BKK 40 days to get me a new oxygen sensor for my Versys last year but it was covered under warrantee, luckily the bike still ran even though the engine light stayed on all the time and fuel economy was almost cut in half. Honda I think is different right now because they just opened big bike sales in Thailand so they have stock and want to show their bikes off, there is also a big push for mandatory training for all technicians that work on the bikes that they sell not to say that other dealers don't do the same thing I just think Honda right now is really watching things since this is the beginning for them.

Personally you have the cash and want to spend it get anything you want and enjoy. I have come to realize being in Thailand for many years that it's best to get something that is supported in your area or close and people can work on without me being down and out for 2 months. Kawasaki is great, they have been selling big bikes for a long time here, definitely nothing wrong with a Ninja ZX 10R or even a Ninja ZX 6R, Honda looks pretty good to at this point to and if you wanted something that day you could probably part with your cash and get it with no wait, Ducati excellent machine but damn expensive and limited support unless your in BKK also a HUGE potential for theft because it is THE BIKE Thai's want - it is a status symbol to them reserved for the elite and want to be elite. I know your looking for Yamaha, that is strictly going to be BKK and you will most likely have to order what you want, be ready for sticker shock though and a 30-90 day wait on delivery, you can purchase a new car for what these super sport bikes sell for here in Thailand, they are not cheap by any imagination.

On that note, any Super Sport bike is a mark here, most can't afford them, they are easy to carry off and believe me unless you secure that bike INSIDE a house and chain it up it will be stolen one day; these bikes are not meant to be parked at your condo outside. The guys that rent the big bikes here in Pattaya have a guard watching them 24 hours, they actually want tourist to rent them and they get stolen so they can charge them huge money because there is no theft insurance covering them, especially rental insurance. Imagine you being a tourist and being hit with a 500k+ Baht charge for theft of a big bike. It happens, I have seen it, it's not pretty, most can't pay it and then it gets real nasty.

Wish I could give you the shop names but I don't know them, I only know where the shops are by driving to them. Good luck and let us know what you get. Tried to stay on topic here just wanted to add a little more for your information.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

Honda Big Wing in Pattaya has just about every model Super Sport bike from 600cc to 1000cc in stock sitting on the show room floor

Kawasaki is great, they have been selling big bikes for a long time here, definitely nothing wrong with a Ninja ZX 10R or even a Ninja ZX 6R,

Your saying that down there in Pattaya the Big Wing has New Honda 600RR's on the floor?

And Kawasaki has Zx6R's???

I have never seen 600rr's at Big Wings or zx6's at Kawasaki Dealers in Thailand

Surprising they have them in your area

Edited by mania

I was at the bigwing bangkok and never seen a cbr600r. Maybe you mixed it with cbr1000r? Or maybe it was a scond hand one or a show bike?

I am referring to Pattaya Big Wing, I may be wrong but as you walk in look right, still in the crate with the walls removed is either a CBR600RR or CBR1000RR in white with red and blue stickers on it. Most of the rest are 600cc thru 1000cc of various flavor CBR, VFR, NC700, Integra, etc; if still available there is also a CRF250 sitting there ready to go... I'm in Bangkok today returning later tonight so tomorrow if they are open I can always stop by and see but in the end 600 versus 1000 - if your throwing the cash out why not just get a liter bike price difference in the end is not all that bad.

Not sure they will let me take pictures but will try and see and if so will post here. If I had a choice and money to just burn away I would get the VFR1200f smile.png with auto transmission - really nice!!!!

Edited by commande

I am referring to Pattaya Big Wing, I may be wrong but as you walk in look right, still in the crate with the walls removed is either a CBR600RR or CBR1000RR in white with red and blue stickers on it. Most of the rest are 600cc thru 1000cc of various flavor CBR, VFR, NC700, Integra, etc;

You are seeing a cbr1000rr for sure the red/white/blue is a 1000rr

The 600rr is not imported to Thailand at least not by Big Wing

Places like Red Baron yes

Would be nice if they did...

When you said you saw several flavors you saw something else...

Edited by mania

Also note the 1000RR at Big Wing is limited (that's according to their own website, where it's listed at 87kW, or 116hp, which is Japan-spec for a bike of that displacement)- I'd much rather have an unlimited 600RR than a limited literbike.

In any case the 600RR isn't in their big bike inventory:

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/home.ashx#home-content.html

• Like 1

I'd much rather have an unlimited 600RR than a limited literbike.

+1

Agreed but in the end in Thailand where could you ever even drive the bike to it's full potential. If there is a track in Thailand that is pristine please let me know, I would go in a heartbeat but I know of none.

Order the computer from the USA and swap it out on the Thai/Japan spec CBR, my understanding is it will work fine and delimit it unless it has the new Honda HISS theft protection but I could be wrong, definitely wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last smile.png... When your spending that kind of money what's another 10-20-50k right LOL...

I would definitely never own a bike like that in Thailand but to each their own in the end.

Edited by commande

Okay maybe it isn't that easy, appears there are restrictor plates, different CAMS, etc... I stand corrected.... http://ryokuno.com/SUB_CBR600RR/cbr600rr-sei05_fullpower.html

Was all detailed here awhile back when Brian from Sumet Cycle did his.

Personally my saying I preferred the 600 was not because of restrictions or not

Having owned both in the US I just prefer the 600rr

& think for Thailand roads it would great.

Okay maybe it isn't that easy, appears there are restrictor plates, different CAMS, etc... I stand corrected.... http://ryokuno.com/SUB_CBR600RR/cbr600rr-sei05_fullpower.html

Was all detailed here awhile back when Brian from Sumet Cycle did his.

Personally my saying I preferred the 600 was not because of restrictions or not

Having owned both in the US I just prefer the 600rr

& think for Thailand roads it would great.

Agreed, I prefer 600 class bikes myself having owned many in the states many moons ago. Would be okay on Thai roads.

Keep in mind that warrantgy issues with Honda or Kawasaki will most likely also be dealt outside of Pattaya, as the Pattaya dealer is known not to honor warranty's.

There is a topic in the Pattaya forum regarding this issue, though it concerns small bikes, it is the same dealer.

Well now I know where to find the Yamaha Bikes in Pattaya, but the experiences of Beardog and Commande shine(at least to me)a new light on the issue:

normally you do a survey about the bike you want and then visit some dealers to bargain the best price;. From what I learn now is that your choice of bike(&brand) is limited to finding a local dealer who at least can give a minimum on maintenance. Bringing your own gauges to them to adjust the valves; that takes the cake!

Originally wanted to buy a cruiser/chopper like the Yamaha Midnight Star, which will not be in the official supply-list from Yamaha Thailand. Thinking of using

a grey-importer after other members' experience with regular dealers could only lead to nightmare I suppose....

to

Well now I know where to find the Yamaha Bikes in Pattaya, but the experiences of Beardog and Commande shine(at least to me)a new light on the issue:

normally you do a survey about the bike you want and then visit some dealers to bargain the best price;. From what I learn now is that your choice of bike(&brand) is limited to finding a local dealer who at least can give a minimum on maintenance. Bringing your own gauges to them to adjust the valves; that takes the cake!

Originally wanted to buy a cruiser/chopper like the Yamaha Midnight Star, which will not be in the official supply-list from Yamaha Thailand. Thinking of using

a grey-importer after other members' experience with regular dealers could only lead to nightmare I suppose....

to

It seems you try to be the smart one once again, but fail miserably again.

First of all the topic about the warranty refusal isn't a topic started by me., I don't use that dealer EVER.

I own a Midnight Star 1900 like you are dreaming about post-163350-0-23848900-1367689750_thumb. post-163350-0-88864700-1367690534_thumb., overhere called Roadliner, for 3 years already, legally imported brandnew with all legal documents including green book and no warranty issues so far.

I have all the export/import documents with all the contact details of every person involved from the point it was shipped in Japan to Singapore and then to Thailand, and all the people involved in Thailand to guide it through the government inspections. I even was present when the bike passed emission tests and watched the modifications they had to make to enable it to pass the test. There are only a few people in Thailand who do these tests, and they are not listed in the yellow papers.

Can you imagine that I could have been a usefull help to you, if you hadn't insulted me from the first response. smile.png

Oh, by the way, the total price of my bike including all legal documents was below the price it is sold in Europe.

Edited by jbrain

Yamaha big bike dealer in at Suthisan MRT station on Ratchada road. If u coming from rama9 its on your left. Paddock shops arent too far either

Thx for the info; can combine a visit then to both Paddock and Yamaha in one day

Honestly for Kawasaki the best place in my opinion is the main dealer in BKK although they didn't have anything Super Sport in stock, it's by order only. Honda Big Wing in Pattaya compared to Kawasaki Pattaya is night and day difference in customer service even though interestingly they are both owned by Miyton Group, Honda right now is spectacular. Ducatti in Pattaya, also limited to no real supply of Super Sports although they have some nice bikes ready to purchase and I have heard that they are competent at basic maintenance, anything serious though and the bike has to go to BKK, probably true of all big bikes though.

Honda Big Wing in Pattaya has just about every model Super Sport bike from 600cc to 1000cc in stock sitting on the show room floor including a Gold Wing that many come in and drool over, especially the Thai's. All this being said, lot of really nice bikes on the market even in Thailand although you have to order them, not many in stock because they cost so much and the sales are so small that they just don't keep them sitting around generally, (exception being the dealers that sell big bikes that are ordered in Grey Market from overseas and have no Green Book, advise you stay away from those) keep this in mind for maintenance to because they probably don't stock the parts for them either so you need anything major you will be waiting a month and or need to plan; took Kawasaki in BKK 40 days to get me a new oxygen sensor for my Versys last year but it was covered under warrantee, luckily the bike still ran even though the engine light stayed on all the time and fuel economy was almost cut in half. Honda I think is different right now because they just opened big bike sales in Thailand so they have stock and want to show their bikes off, there is also a big push for mandatory training for all technicians that work on the bikes that they sell not to say that other dealers don't do the same thing I just think Honda right now is really watching things since this is the beginning for them.

Personally you have the cash and want to spend it get anything you want and enjoy. I have come to realize being in Thailand for many years that it's best to get something that is supported in your area or close and people can work on without me being down and out for 2 months. Kawasaki is great, they have been selling big bikes for a long time here, definitely nothing wrong with a Ninja ZX 10R or even a Ninja ZX 6R, Honda looks pretty good to at this point to and if you wanted something that day you could probably part with your cash and get it with no wait, Ducati excellent machine but damn expensive and limited support unless your in BKK also a HUGE potential for theft because it is THE BIKE Thai's want - it is a status symbol to them reserved for the elite and want to be elite. I know your looking for Yamaha, that is strictly going to be BKK and you will most likely have to order what you want, be ready for sticker shock though and a 30-90 day wait on delivery, you can purchase a new car for what these super sport bikes sell for here in Thailand, they are not cheap by any imagination.

On that note, any Super Sport bike is a mark here, most can't afford them, they are easy to carry off and believe me unless you secure that bike INSIDE a house and chain it up it will be stolen one day; these bikes are not meant to be parked at your condo outside. The guys that rent the big bikes here in Pattaya have a guard watching them 24 hours, they actually want tourist to rent them and they get stolen so they can charge them huge money because there is no theft insurance covering them, especially rental insurance. Imagine you being a tourist and being hit with a 500k+ Baht charge for theft of a big bike. It happens, I have seen it, it's not pretty, most can't pay it and then it gets real nasty.

Wish I could give you the shop names but I don't know them, I only know where the shops are by driving to them. Good luck and let us know what you get. Tried to stay on topic here just wanted to add a little more for your information.

Heard from many people spare-parts are a pain in the #ss; hard to come by, as you stated long waiting times for delivery/supply and

way to expensive too. Will stay away from grey-importers who can't provide the green-book and have to cut much bureaucratic red-tape

myself.

Visited Honda Big Wing in Bang Na(as earlier mentioned)and could "peek" into the service and maintenance department. Looked

professional with regards to equipment and you didn't stumble over parts on the floor neither you need to be cautioned about slippery-danger

due to oil-spillage etc. Of course this isn't a guarantee all mechanics there are qualified; but first impressions were good.

Saw a Honda-motorcycle shop(granted for the 110/125 cc bikes)which showed certificates of "Honda licensed and trained" mechanics;

maybe this applies(never give up hope)now or in the future also to the big bike division. Small step for Honda, but a giant leap for

Thailandsmile.png

Agree totally that Ducati is an excellent machine, but with a hefty price tag and impressive formula sporting design. I'm more up for a cruiser

/chopper like Yamaha Dragstar/MidnightStar; still you can indeed buy a new middle class car instead.

Will stay away from grey-importers who can't provide the green-book and have to cut much bureaucratic red-tape

Who told you grey importers can't provide the green book? I have the green book, not a bogus book but one delivered straight from the department of land transport.

If you do it the right way there are no problems.Mind you also that my bike wasn't imported in parts, but in one piece.

No red tape to cut or backhanders, just deal with the right people.