Great Bike Road In Phetchbun

Loads of trails up there,theirs a small off road club in Phitsanulok that meet up in Chaiyaphum every weekend and go riding the trails,the organiser has an FB page called ton_enduro

Nice thanks for the info will check out facebook page

Loads of trails up there,theirs a small off road club in Phitsanulok that meet up in Chaiyaphum every weekend and go riding the trails,the organiser has an FB page called ton_enduro

I ordered some parts from him and he mentioned the meetings and he says anybodys welcome to show up,maybe better to ask your girlfriend/wife to call him for more info.If you cant find his fb page pm me and I can send his number.Cheers

I ordered some parts from him and he mentioned the meetings and he says anybodys welcome to show up,maybe better to ask your girlfriend/wife to call him for more info.If you cant find his fb page pm me and I can send his number.Cheers
found his facebook page Looks like they have a lot of fun up there, from his pictures seems like he likes the CRf 250l and he has a lot of bits for sale will definitely contact him thanks again.

found his facebook page Looks like they have a lot of fun up there, from his pictures seems like he likes the CRf 250l and he has a lot of bits for sale will definitely contact him thanks again.
No probs,I've found a few good shops for the crf now on fb and can see my bank balance taking a battering.Cheers

I lived between Phetchabun and Lomsak for 6 years. Had a Kawasaki W650 for the road and a KTM 450 EXC for the dirt.....

Some of the best riding I have ever done. Magic.

My partner and I would like to buy some land up around there.

The wifes brother and his misses have been buying land up there cheap as you like ,he has built a resort up there ,from the pictures it looks like it's up in the mountains the family have been asking me to go up there for months and I've been refusing cause it looks like in the middle of no where.....lol

Take your crf there 100% tanin as it might be boring if you are not a naturalist. Just in case:lol:

I want a trip up there recently there was another thread about the area. Really looks nice place to ride and still like a virgin. Would be happy to ride there now but very busy nowadays. Maybe after a month:(

Buyer beware. There are not many chanotes with the land there and the locals know the value. There is a lot of grabbing going on, they think it is going to be the next Khao Yai and some big power plays going on. I wouldn't show my white face in any land deals up there.

Buyer beware. There are not many chanotes with the land there and the locals know the value. There is a lot of grabbing going on, they think it is going to be the next Khao Yai and some big power plays going on. I wouldn't show my white face in any land deals up there.

brother in law bought 1 rai for 200,000 bht chanot this was around 1 year ago,

Thanks Steve.

What is the rest of that road like. Am planning to stay in Petchabun for a couple of nights and ride the area. Any other good sections.

Cheers

the roads in Khao Kor are nice too. not just the main north/south road across the ridge line but the side roads into the farms. great place to explore and almost zero traffic. nice and cool too.

and don't forget to visit Wat Pha Sorn Kaew http://www.watphasornkaew.org/ if you are up there, definitely the most beautiful Wat in Thailand. the road up the mountain behind it is really nice too

post-6315-0-67818800-1367479035_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-04232200-1367479058_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-70676900-1367479076_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-53683700-1367479096_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-37060400-1367479145_thumb.jp

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 1

I'm driving our truck up there next week the wifes brother has a resort up there ,don't know weather to put the CRf on the back of the truck,is there much off road trails up there.

there are dirt tracks around the farms off the main Khao Kor road 2196 GPS 16.668755,101.02644. i don't know what they would think about someone zipping around on a dirt bike but i guess you could try. nice views for sure.

ok heading there tommorow 1200km journey one way dont think we will do it in one hit pic below is the where we stay crf coming with me too

untitled.bmp

Looks a bit bloody cold up there from all the pictures i see everyone has a hat and coat on........lol

Edited by taninthai

ok heading there tommorow 1200km journey one way dont think we will do it in one hit pic below is the where we stay crf coming with me too

attachicon.gifuntitled.bmp

Looks a bit bloody cold up there from all the pictures i see everyone has a hat and coat on........lol

WOW. that's defo on the mountain. can you Pm me details of the resort. thanks.

Just a heads up that at present Highway 12 which runs from Lom Sak to Phitsanulok known as the green route is under construction,it's being widened to four lanes,lots of dust and heavy plant with all the other commotion that comes with road construction in Thailand.

The remainder of the area is almost certainly hassle free and is a joy to discover,I've ridden all round there too as I'm located in Lom Sak,if you head in the other direction up to Nam Nao or out towards Lom Kao and Phu Tab Berk you will discover some nice roads also.

ok heading there tommorow 1200km journey one way dont think we will do it in one hit pic below is the where we stay crf coming with me toountitled.bmp

WOW. that's defo on the mountain. can you Pm me details of the resort. thanks.

from other pics ive seen the clouds actually drop below the resort

Google this and should find the website http://xn--12c7bja0da5dua3ac1kng.com/home.html

Tubburk hill is the place sou ds like stoneyboy will know it well

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by taninthai

brother in law bought 1 rai for 200,000 bht chanot this was around 1 year ago,

We want a bit more than that for a mountain retreat we would like to build. Views are mandatory. I know about the dodgy land deals. The government handed out parcels of land and left it to the village head man to distribute the land. The folks can't go to the bank and get a loan using the land as collateral. And the farang buyer (Thai girlfriend/wife whistling.gif ) could end up grabbing his butt cheeks!

We paid 750k for 32 rai but no titles !! We did make sure it wasn't forestry land or national parks, witnessed by the head ranger.

I never showed my face in the area until the deal was done.

Just renting it out to a local for growing crops but the local governor is pushing for titles to be issued, fingers crossed :)

Happy trails everyone who ventures there.

I live in Bung Nam Tao just near highway 12 and ride up in the mountains 2-3 times a week, well did until 3 weeks ago as I am in UK for a bit.

It is wonderful riding, twisties, views, some great little eateries, lots of Thai bikers at the weekends , I love it and highly recommend it , but its not so much of a secret as bikes come through all the time to do the Khao Kho roads. I even went up there on a Forza recently and glided gently around and had a blast. You can find good roads out of Lom Sak too, the Loei road is a great ride.

Happy Trails

PP

Finally made it, wow the views are spectacular staying right at the top of tub berk hill,there is 1000 people trying to ride there mountain bikes up the hill rather them than me,quite a few bikers around aswell seen 3 cbr,crf with motard wheels and the thais are about on there choppers,ouch when the sun goes down temp drops to 18 degrees have not felt these temperatures in 7 years....lol

post-105817-13677454841839_thumb.jpg

post-105817-13677455307582_thumb.jpg

post-105817-13677455785916_thumb.jpg

post-105817-13677456105807_thumb.jpg

We are 1700m above sea level the clouds are well below us, if you open the bungalow door the clouds come in your room. ?.....lol tommorow should get out on the crf

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I lived between Phetchabun and Lomsak for 6 years. Had a Kawasaki W650 for the road and a KTM 450 EXC for the dirt.....

Some of the best riding I have ever done. Magic.

Agreed. I went riding with you and that Ocker a couple of years ago. Excellent riding.

ok made it out on the bike for a couple off hours today tub berg hill has a concrete road coming up one side and the other side is pure dirt road going down it really is amazing

post-105817-0-61481400-1367838532_thumb.

post-105817-0-03079200-1367838722_thumb.

post-105817-0-05786200-1367838805_thumb.

post-105817-0-20470000-1367838889_thumb.

post-105817-0-19755700-1367838971_thumb.

post-105817-0-23005500-1367839220_thumb.

post-105817-0-64927000-1367839341_thumb.

there is just no concrete on this side of the hill love it

• Like 2