Does Yingluck's Speech In Mongolia Herald Fresh Conflict?

webfact

The speech itself will not be a tipping point, but it does make it even more clear the mindset behind those controlling the current government and their sets of actions. That the top general came out to say he is concerned about the Red Shirts threatening the court is a bigger indication of the state of things. She has just let the cat out of the bag on the international stage, that they think they will be attacked again by 'evil undemocratic forces' and then back tracks at home as if this was not the subtext.

Should we worry. yes indeed, just as long as Thaksin hasn't gotten back scot free

we should worry about the checks and balances being erased, as were done

during his last time in control of the country. He is consistant in his need to control absolutely,

'and that is what is worrying.

I'm fairly sure "evil and undemocratic forces' is actually a reference to any 'anti PTP rhetoric'. They have been telling lies so long that they (PTP and their followers) actually believe their own lies, namely that PTP is democracy embodied .

• Like 1

She speaks the truth THE PEOPLE VOTED the Thaksins back in, END OF STORY,

They want them running the country, the fact that half the senate is elite cronies placed their by themselves to ensure they don't lose full control, because they want to kling onto power any way they can even if that means having a coup and then manipulating the constitution to their own means.

Tough for you guys to swallow but thats the truth THE POWER SHOULD BE WITH THE PEOPLE and after the coup we went through years of yellow BS only to show the MOMENT the people were given the opportunity to vote they put the EXACT SAME family back in and if Thaksin was here he would be the PM and not his sister.

Thats is the WISH OF THE PEOPLE and that is what counts, gone are the days when the peasants in the fields had no vote, and now they have the yellows dont really like it LOL

So it's alright to be a criminal if you're popular? Are you equating Thaksin with Robin Hood?

You follow the rule of law NOT have a Military Coup

Here is a unique idea

Why dont the yellows help the poor (or be seen to be helping like TT)then the people might actually like the elitists but of course they just want to keep them in the fields where they are no threat and can do as they please.

Sorry those days are over and times are changing.

The yellows never had the power. Here is a good question for you why don't the red shirts help the poor? In the last 13 years it has been Thaksin and his pack of clowns in power most of the time what has he done for them? They are still all poor. He even claimed he would make them rich in 6 months.

When the Democrats were in power there support was so divided that it was hard to do any thing. Now the PTP has complete control.

Now we have the PT with a raging inflation rate and the same lack of education Thaksin had given them. So they are unable to sort the reality out from the imagination that they were sold by the PT to get into power.

I see you were clever enough to say the Thaksins in. You know perfectly well with out Yingluck the Thaksins would not be in power. It was the people who voted for her that allowed the Thaksins back in.

When I say Thaksins I use your term.

Not mine.

Without Yingluck Thaksin may still be in power but the parliament like the population would not give him a majority. He would have had to buy more people.

All so what do you mean when you say the people voted Thaksin in.

That has to be one of the dumbest statements on this thread. 52% of the people did not want the PTP. That tells me the people did not want Thaksin and as I have informed you some of the 48% didn't want him either.

Prove me wrong.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.All she said was a lot of stuff that the whole world already knew.Some people are behaving like it was all some sort of secret and that she's let the cat out of the bag.More childish reactions from the childish politicians.I think in a way she's trying to put everything that's happened behind her and look to the future.

How is making a speech that highlights all the bad things she thinks we done by others to her family and to democracy, whilst making no mention of all the bad things her family has done to others and to democracy, putting things behind her and looking to the future? It's doing nothing of the sort. It is more like getting all her dirty underwear out and waving it above her head on the international stage.
good analogy, but ewwwww. sick.gif

I don't see what all the fuss is about.All she said was a lot of stuff that the whole world already knew.Some people are behaving like it was all some sort of secret and that she's let the cat out of the bag.More childish reactions from the childish politicians.I think in a way she's trying to put everything that's happened behind her and look to the future.

How is making a speech that highlights all the bad things she thinks we done by others to her family and to democracy, whilst making no mention of all the bad things her family has done to others and to democracy, putting things behind her and looking to the future? It's doing nothing of the sort. It is more like getting all her dirty underwear out and waving it above her head on the international stage.
good analogy, but ewwwww. sick.gif

Agreed, but one man's ewwww, i suspect, in this case at least, is another man's oh-ah yeah baby, swing those soiled garments!

And just because 48 per cent voted PT that also does not mean they all want Mr T back running the country. A lot of them just wanted to be rich in six months.

Six? I thought the standard of getting things done is 3 months here in LOS...

And just because 48 per cent voted PT that also does not mean they all want Mr T back running the country. A lot of them just wanted to be rich in six months.

Six? I thought the standard of getting things done is 3 months here in LOS...

Correct. Otherwise Mr T would have agreed to go through normal channels like referendum..thumbsup.gif

Yeah I know it is easier and faster to just get rid of the court. sick.gif

"Does the PM's speech herald fresh conflict?"

Answer: depends on who you ask :-)

BTW A majority of the world population doesn't know a single iota on what happened in 2006 and asking those that think they know you'd get a multitude of conflicting answers. The 'truth', what you like to hear that is

I wonder how much longer it will be, before their six months are up, and this promised richy-rich life will commence ? wink.png

A chicken (cough, splutter, sneeze !) in every wok, a bottle of lao-kao on every table, a new subsidised car in every garage, a tablet-computer for every pupil, it sounds like absolute heaven ! laugh.png

They want them running the country, the fact that half the senate is elite cronies placed their by themselves to ensure they don't lose full control, because they want to kling onto power any way they can even if that means having a coup and then manipulating the constitution to their own means.

Tough for you guys to swallow but thats the truth THE POWER SHOULD BE WITH THE PEOPLE and after the coup we went through years of yellow BS only to show the MOMENT the people were given the opportunity to vote they put the EXACT SAME family back in and if Thaksin was here he would be the PM and not his sister.

Thats is the WISH OF THE PEOPLE and that is what counts, gone are the days when the peasants in the fields had no vote, and now they have the yellows dont really like it LOL

So it's alright to be a criminal if you're popular? Are you equating Thaksin with Robin Hood?

You follow the rule of law NOT have a Military Coup

Here is a unique idea

Why dont the yellows help the poor (or be seen to be helping like TT)then the people might actually like the elitists but of course they just want to keep them in the fields where they are no threat and can do as they please.

Sorry those days are over and times are changing.

The yellows never had the power. Here is a good question for you why don't the red shirts help the poor? In the last 13 years it has been Thaksin and his pack of clowns in power most of the time what has he done for them? They are still all poor. He even claimed he would make them rich in 6 months.

When the Democrats were in power there support was so divided that it was hard to do any thing. Now the PTP has complete control.

Now we have the PT with a raging inflation rate and the same lack of education Thaksin had given them. So they are unable to sort the reality out from the imagination that they were sold by the PT to get into power.

I see you were clever enough to say the Thaksins in. You know perfectly well with out Yingluck the Thaksins would not be in power. It was the people who voted for her that allowed the Thaksins back in.

When I say Thaksins I use your term.

Not mine.

Without Yingluck Thaksin may still be in power but the parliament like the population would not give him a majority. He would have had to buy more people.

All so what do you mean when you say the people voted Thaksin in.

That has to be one of the dumbest statements on this thread. 52% of the people did not want the PTP. That tells me the people did not want Thaksin and as I have informed you some of the 48% didn't want him either.

Prove me wrong.

Please quantify, the yellows never had power? To deny that Abhisit wasn't shoe horned in on the back of some fairly dodgy back room dealings is to absolutely deny reality.

As for the poor getting richer, well, that was never going to happen under either party to the degree that was promised. That is all about political and socio-economic perception. To pick up this many rural people and make them significantly richer in a few years, is beyond any political party.

Everything you complain about has been an issue in Thailand since time immemorial, and it will not be solved a one term political party that has to constantly stand on glass for fear of a coup. I go with anyone who is willing to stand up and change the status quo, because Thailand has had 70 years of democracy so far, and it has been successively ripped up by the army. The only way forward for Thailand is for governments to do their term and for people to choose at the ballot box.

And if you don't think the support of a Issan farmer is as fickle as the wind you are sadly misinformed. Anyone who lives hand to mouth like that, is waiting to get on the coat tails of anyone who he believes will make the next 4 years of his life a bit better. So, the ball is in the Dems court. Come up with something better.

• Like 1

The same people who can not spell democracy in neither language?

Do you mean either ???

• Like 2

Do you mean either ???

I guess the factory which competed with China failed, so you decided to take up teaching?! Thanks for pointing out spelling mistakethumbsup.gif

To deny that Abhisit wasn't shoe horned in on the back of some fairly dodgy back room dealings is to absolutely deny reality.

Agreed, but as it is to deny that previous coalition governments, including that of Thaksin's, weren't also cobbled together on the back of back room dealings that involved coercion, inducements, sweetners. The only difference with Abhisit's was that his back room dealings included some military people, and that's not good because they are obviously not elected... but are we saying that everyone involved in Thaksin's back room dealings were elected? I seriously doubt that. The business sector carries a lot of political weight and you can be sure they get their say when governments are being formed.

Anyway, point being, the formation of coalition governments is rarely ever a clean and pleasant business, or one that could really be recognised as a healthy part of the democratic process, but they are the only current solution to the political stalemate that occurs when no one party wins enough seats to govern.

As for the poor getting richer, well, that was never going to happen under either party to the degree that was promised. That is all about political and socio-economic perception. To pick up this many rural people and make them significantly richer in a few years, is beyond any political party.

Everything you complain about has been an issue in Thailand since time immemorial, and it will not be solved a one term political party that has to constantly stand on glass for fear of a coup. I go with anyone who is willing to stand up and change the status quo, because Thailand has had 70 years of democracy so far, and it has been successively ripped up by the army. The only way forward for Thailand is for governments to do their term and for people to choose at the ballot box.

And if you don't think the support of a Issan farmer is as fickle as the wind you are sadly misinformed. Anyone who lives hand to mouth like that, is waiting to get on the coat tails of anyone who he believes will make the next 4 years of his life a bit better. So, the ball is in the Dems court. Come up with something better.

No party is able, or for that matter, motivated, to shake up the entire system and change the status qou. I think most of us who have been living here long enough understand and appreciate that. Be it the Dems or be it the PTP, it's all the same. Nothing much will change. At least not in the foreseeable future. But whereas with the Dems, there are no illusions about what they are capable of or what they are motivated by, with the PTP it's all about this nonsense facade of being something that they are not... of trying to bring about change... of wanting to help the common man.. of being principled about democracy. This is the ridiculous charade they are ramming down our throats daily, and this is what troubles me more about them than the get-what-you-see Dems.

Nobody wants to get robbed, but if it is going to happen, i'd rather it be in front of my face than behind my back.

• Like 1