Call For Commerce, Revenue To Inspect Tourism-Related Businesses Run By Foreigners In Thailand

webfact

the revenue goes to the foreign owners instead of the Thai economy.

i think this funny hotel owner or what ever, when he wants to buy meat, eat, drink,buy a shirt or ciment for building his own house,he goes abroad and come back to thailand with all the staff.

it is hard to be so little realistic, the person who says this comment must be living in another planet.

i already posted it,before...dont make any compagnies or business here ,leave it to them......,sell yours, your house,car if you have one and go somewhere else.

in my opinion its not worth it.

2)to whom it may concern......still it is our money , so we do with it what we want.

if it is the case, we will have lots of good reason if we dont want to put it in the Thai economy.

just ask us!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the revenue goes to the foreign owners instead of the Thai economy.

i think this funny hotel owner or what ever, when he wants to buy meat, eat, drink,buy a shirt or ciment for building his own house,he goes abroad and come back to thailand with all the staff.

it is hard to be so little realistic, the person who says this comment must be living in another planet.

i already posted it,before...dont make any compagnies or business here ,leave it to them......,sell yours, your house,car if you have one and go somewhere else.

in my opinion its not worth it.

2)to whom it may concern......still it is our money , so we do with it what we want.

if it is the case, we will have lots of good reason if we dont want to put it in the Thai economy.

just ask us!coffee1.gif

He's a dumbass. Not much more to say than that.

Heaven forbid that there should be competition from competently managed businesses.

Let's just relax and wait for the desaster when ASEAN becomes a cruel reality for this country if they don't pull out of the club...

better you sell everything and leave before.because i agree.....lots of sun ,one day it is going to rainw00t.gif

Heaven forbid that there should be competition from competently managed businesses.

Let's just relax and wait for the desaster when ASEAN becomes a cruel reality for this country if they don't pull out of the club...
better you sell everything and leave before.because i agree.....lots of sun ,one day it is going to rainw00t.gif

I do worry what will happen when the national ideology is slowly deflated and they can't blame the bogeyman farang for everything.

Tourists buy their products and services and the revenue goes to the foreign owners instead of the Thai economy," Pol Maj Gen Roy said.

Glad this guy isn't running the country. What complete and utter hogwash. And considering he is part of the tourist police is quite ironic.

His raison d metre is to protect foreigners. His funding exists because of tourists, businesses to largely provide for tourists etc etc.

Tourists buy their products and services and the revenue goes to the foreign owners instead of the Thai economy," Pol Maj Gen Roy said.

Glad this guy isn't running the country. What complete and utter hogwash. And considering he is part of the tourist police is quite ironic.

His raison d metre is to protect foreigners. His funding exists because of tourists, businesses to largely provide for tourists etc etc.

The several proposed initiatives to reduce the foreigner's draw on the Thai economy smacks of Thaksin and his 5,000,000 Baht VIP Visa and then his edict to Thai Land Offices stating foreigners that own houses within nominee corpoations should be hunted down and disposessed of their property. Many foreigners took what the edict stated and left Thailand forever. Now most of those houses are in the hands of Thai landlords that bought the houses of foreigners a distressed sale prices and now rent them ot at extortionate rents to Thai families. Go figure!

Edited by indyuk

They still can't grasp that the model is legal.

Your wife owns 51, you own 49. What is their problem? Its LEGAL dumbasses.

Silly question but where are the other required directors coming from or are you telling me a limited company only needs two directors? Have you thought that it might be the other dumb asses who could be the nominees they are referring to. Making the "Juristic Person - company to you, illegal?

The several proposed initiatives to reduce the foreigner's draw on the Thai economy smacks of Thaksin and his 5,000,000 Baht VIP Visa and then his edict to Thai Land Offices stating foreigners that own houses within nominee corpoations should be hunted down and disposessed of their property. Many foreigners took what the edict stated and left Thailand forever. Now most of those houses are in the hands of Thai landlords that bought the houses of foreigners a distressed sale prices and now rent them ot at extortionate rents to Thai families. Go figure!
You got actual proof of this? And, it was 1 million when Thaksin first introduced it - later to be increased to 5 million!

Silly question but where are the other required directors coming from or are you telling me a limited company only needs two directors? Have you thought that it might be the other dumb asses who could be the nominees they are referring to. Making the "Juristic Person - company to you, illegal?

Thais own 51. The onus us on him not you to prove they are nominees.

better you sell everything and leave before.because i agree.....lots of sun ,one day it is going to rain:w00t:
I do worry what will happen when the national ideology is slowly deflated and they can't blame the bogeyman farang for everything.
Sorry to say it but I really believe that it's the bogeyman farang blaming the Thai's for everything. Both you and I know that many Companies and businesses have been set up and are operated unlawfully by farang. Now, a group of these lawbreakers have the cheek to tell Thailand that they (the forang) should have the right to break the law when they please - why don't they do it in their own country and tell the authorities there that they have a right? Because, they are doing things here that they wouldn't dare (and in some cases wouldn't have the brains)to do in their own country. If you think Thai's don't know this, then you are wrong! Remember to get the respect that forang think they deserve they have to earn it (same as foreigners in their own countries have to) not believe that they can break the law because it suits them!
  • Like 1

Surely it is perfectly legal for Thais to own 51% and foreigners 49% of a business. If no one is breaking the law what does the police hope to achieve?

There is mention of examining tax records - I guess, as is happening the world over, the emphasis is on tracking tax dodgers. What is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong if not one thing... lets check just bad foreigners because they hurt very much Our (Thai) Economy and Our Tourist Picture...

Read in between the lines (as is how the govt really communicates). They are really just concerned with Russians, Chinese, and Indian. Can you blame them?

You are playing into their hands, divide and conquer.

better you sell everything and leave before.because i agree.....lots of sun ,one day it is going to rain:w00t:

Sorry to say it but I really believe that it's the bogeyman farang blaming the Thai's for everything. Both you and I know that many Companies and businesses have been set up and are operated unlawfully by farang. Now, a group of these lawbreakers have the cheek to tell Thailand that they (the forang) should have the right to break the law when they please - why don't they do it in their own country and tell the authorities there that they have a right? Because, they are doing things here that they wouldn't dare (and in some cases wouldn't have the brains)to do in their own country. If you think Thai's don't know this, then you are wrong! Remember to get the respect that forang think they deserve they have to earn it (same as foreigners in their own countries have to) not believe that they can break the law because it suits them!

I disagree. Lawyers have been taking farangs here for years set it up this way, you will be OK.

What is illegal about me or anyone having 49%, having my wife at 46% and giving one percent to colleague and relatives?

Zero, zilch. 95% of any agreedprofit is retained in my household and 5% dispersed to other shareholders. There is nothing preventing gifting shares in this country.

If a company is 51 to 49, it's not illegal. Risky, but it's a Thai company.

So, all the bravado in the world will not get the system to prosecute for nominees. It's unprovable and relies on someone incriminating themselves to prove it. Simple.

This cuts both ways, my previous company had a partnership the acquired by buying an American firm. The s sway vote was an American lawyer on 500 k a month from the Hong Kong Chinese owner.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Would have thought the almost daily reports I see on here of killings, robberies and other lawlessness in Phuket would be a greater threat to tourism than businesses run by foreigners.

But then I don't live there so perhaps he is right.

What metrics, what data, what facts does he offer to support his contention that this is a growing and wide spread problem? I understand that there may be anecdotal evidence of a problem but it seems to me there are no hard facts of a widespread increase of "foreigners" overtaking the Thai economy. It sounds to me like the typical xenophobic Thai response to any problem of, "Make the farang the problem" and ignore the root problem of Thai corruption and incompetence.

• Like 1

What metrics, what data, what facts does he offer to support his contention that this is a growing and wide spread problem? I understand that there may be anecdotal evidence of a problem but it seems to me there are no hard facts of a widespread increase of "foreigners" overtaking the Thai economy. It sounds to me like the typical xenophobic Thai response to any problem of, "Make the farang the problem" and ignore the root problem of Thai corruption and incompetence.

metrics, data, facts ??? Man he just wake up this morning and as he hate all farangs long time already so today he decided that he will investigate them...

There is none. The best they have come up with is work permits.

They even busted some exotic dancers last week, and they even had work permits as dancers. Soon enough there is going to be done fisticuffs between the Russians and the authorities, just wait.

Maybe they should look at The Thai buisnesse exployting Burmise for less wages than thai. factorys are closing because the Thai baht is artifisily high, no orders, Now they bite the hand that feeds them. just another nail in the cofin of trade to and from Thailand.

I don't know about in England or Australia, but here in the US, if someone, anyone, wants to run a business, they get a business license, open their shop and bingo.. No one runs to the commerce department to complain about some foreigner running a restaurant, car repair shop or anything else. Thailand is so afraid that some foreigner will show them up running a competent business and make them look bad. And as far as taking money out of Thailand, I would imagine most if not all the money is put back in the economy. But you know.. TIT.. coffee1.gif

Why is everybody picking on this 49/51% company model? When we can easily open a 70/30% (Thai/foreigner) partnership company?.

You see, plenty of legal options available, rolleyes.gif

OK, control over your company is another topic.whistling.gif

Edited by longtom

I don't know about in England or Australia, but here in the US, if someone, anyone, wants to run a business, they get a business license, open their shop and bingo.. No one runs to the commerce department to complain about some foreigner running a restaurant, car repair shop or anything else. Thailand is so afraid that some foreigner will show them up running a competent business and make them look bad. And as far as taking money out of Thailand, I would imagine most if not all the money is put back in the economy. But you know.. TIT.. coffee1.gif

What somchai average doesn't twig is that while everyone is blaming johnny white man, Mr wongsathai ran off with 75% market share and plans to shaft everyone.

• Like 1

Simple question:

How many of you farang company owners do pay 51 % of the company profits to the Thai share holders?

I bet; NONE. So he is right that all the money end up in Farang pockets.

How many of you farang company owners hold a yearly share holders meeting?

I bet: NONE.

• Like 1

Simple question:

How many of you farang company owners do pay 51 % of the company profits to the Thai share holders?

I bet; NONE. So he is right that all the money end up in Farang pockets.

How many of you farang company owners hold a yearly share holders meeting?

I bet: NONE.

Mine does both. And I know plenty who do.

Gimme some of that medication that you're on man, I need it!

Gimme some of that medication that you're on man, I need it!

Well proof is in the pudding. Have they ever closed a company here for nominee shareholders?

And the there must also be a prosecution. FBA Section 36 is a penal provision providing for, among other things, imprisonment of up to three years. From a prosecutors perspective, absent an unequivocal admission from the Thai investor (say, a written deed of nominee shareholding signed by the Thai shareholder), how do I, the prosecutor, prove this investor intended to help foreigners circumvent the FBA? If the Thai shareholder says he is a genuine investor, how do I prove otherwise?

http://thailawandpolicy.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/early-comments-on-fba-investigation-into-dtac/

So you see, how to prove it without the nominee incriminating himself. What a wonderful Thai legal conundrum.