Yingluck To Unshackle Some Inmates On May 15

webfact

How much did they pay to get unshackled?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Nice try. I see that you would love to jump on board the immensely popular "accuse all them Thais of corruption" wagon. How many of those poor frigging losers do you actually think have deep pockets!? 500 payoffs yet. w00t.gif

Great point, but it could be used for something more sinister. Turning from "unshackling" to "government pardons" of mutual convenience. Imagine this: Hi Somchai, we are looking at an early release for you under the government pardon scheme, but Sombat also is in the same situation as you, so we cannot decide who to release first. What can you offer to our red shirt movement, or directly to the Shinawatra dynasty being the ruling party, to get you out ahead of Sombat?

It sounds far fetched, but is not that much more out of this world than the things we read about happening to us as foreigners in district police stations every day. It sets a dangerous precedent, the government having the right to overrule the courts of justice and their intentions. No matter who is in power.

How charming would Ms. Yingluck look if she's dressed with plastic gloves and a mouth mask as we see in the picture with the OP? On her knees to unshackle some inmate who only wears a towel.

Well, at least no nasty cartoons will be posted or nasty things said.

And has anybody warned Yingluck that maybe just one of those 500 prisoners she will unshackle, who are on death row with absolutely nothing to lose might just decide to go out with a flash and snap her neck where she stands? I really don't think her publicity team have done a thorough risk management analysis of this situation.

...I would imagine that 'inmates on death row' are the most dangerous and ruthless....

....so I don't see how this can be 'representative of a humanitarian gesture'....

...someone that took another's life...and facing death....would surely be contemplating escape...every day of his remaining life...

...removing the shackles would obviously make it much more attainable.....

.....I really don't see what 'justice is served'...or 'how society benefits'.... just the contrary, in fact.....

Does anyone believe that the home detention system won't be abused, and given automatically to the wealthy and connected without them having to spend any time in a prison? Is "hard time" in your mansion a deterrent?

I seem to be missing some thing here.

What has unshakeling convicted murders behind bars got to do with ankle bracelets worn at home by people guilty of minor crimes that allow them to do out and earn a living rather than society supporting them?

us also hold prisoners on death row in very shot line. mayne amnesti national have to look over there too?

Not saying the death penalty is right or wrong but it is mind torture to drag it out for years and years. The shackles are not really that big of an item considering the limited mobility they have. Still they are an inconvenience. If Yingluck wanted to really help she could insure that all prisoners receive decent food.sad.png

I was taught in my criminology class that they have proof the death penalty is not as big a deterrent to murder as life imprisonment. Unfortunately many countries do not have life imprisonment they have 20 year maximums.

I had to laugh at the following quote

"The move was initiated by the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of

Thailand (TRCT), which has been praised by the Independent National Rule

of Law Commission (NRLC) for making moves to comply with international

standards on human rights."cheesy.gif

Who do they think they are kidding it is just another photo op dreamed up by her speech writer in Mongolia to cover up the nonsence of defending her family instead of talking about Democracy.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The move was initiated by the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of Thailand (TRCT), which has been praised by the Independent National Rule of Law Commission (NRLC) for making moves to comply with international standards on human rights.

World Class Standard Human Rights.-wai2.gif

they need them badly when all hell breaks loose? Somehow it reminds me to the middle east and a few other places.

I'm all for having the prisoners a bit at ease with jail condition, but this is a bit ... of a publicity stunt ... more?

• Like 1

She is a great lady may the Lord Buddha bless her

attachicon.gifAung San Suu Kyi 2.jpg

Indeed she is Mick, truly a great Lady.

Or were you referring to Thaksin's youngest sister? whistling.gif

I presumed he was talking of the great lady in the OP:

Justice for Peace Foundation chairwoman Angk-hana Neelaphaijit

Yes, he may have been, in which case, I agree with him. Angkhana is the widow of Somchai, who went missing years ago under the TRT government of Yingluck's brother. But I'm not sure she'd appreciate the Lord buddha's blessings.wai.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkhana_Neelaphaijit

post-9891-0-65894200-1368264123_thumb.jp

Yup! All of her supporters that are in jail will benefit from this including most likely her brother. This country never ceases to amaze me. And as far as ankle bracelets........these people can hack anything, so they will be useless as well.

A while ago our eminent Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm was all for speeding up executing those on death row, at least those on drug charges (*). I guess nothing really came of it. Must be those pesky foreigners complaining again.

Anyway this time we have PM Yingluck unshackling some, allowing some nice pictures to emphasize Thailand's efforts in being a civilized country which shouldn't be on black or grey lists. Allegedly that is.

(*) http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Draconian-bill-ignores-the-cause-of-the-drug-issue-30178623.html

Simply insane, however , the not at all suprising given the mentality of those in power.

Do search on the web and you will see that the average IQ here is at least 10% below normal countries.

You shouldn't be so hard on TVF posters biggrin.png

Simply insane, however , the not at all suprising given the mentality of those in power.

Do search on the web and you will see that the average IQ here is at least 10% below normal countries.

You shouldn't be so hard on TVF posters biggrin.png

johnlandy

What is a normal country? There is about 200 countries with a wide range of cultures and religions. Would you care to name two normal countries?

It would help us to judge the accuracy of your claims

That is the Craziest thing i have ever Heard... Letting Convicted Murders go free....I am sure there are People in jail that would be of a better chose to let back into the mast population. Someone is out of there Mined... What stupid thing will she think up next.....

While she's unlocking the shackles, it would do her a lot of good to try a set on herself. It might give her cause to consider the possible result of committing crimes for her brother.

BTW the call for quicker executions reminds me of an old Doonesbury cartoon. The Iranian (?) judge gives the death sentence followed by "The bailiff may fire when ready."