Furniture (Bunkbed) Manufacturer - Recommendation Request

Mantana

I have been searching around Bangkok furniture stores looking for a decent bunkbed for my two children; Koncept, SB Furniture, Index, Ikea have yielded nothing of any quality. I am hoping that someone could recommend a good furniture manufacturer who could build a decent bunkbed (with storage drawers and ladder) if he was given a picture of the design. I am living in the Rama 2/Chomthong area but I am happy to consider any recommendations within the Bangkok area. I would appreciate hearing your recommendation if you have recently had decent wooden furniture made for a reasonable price and you think that your manufacturer is versatile enough to construct a bespoke bunkbed. Location/contact info. of the manufacturer would be great. Thank you.

post-102713-0-14845100-1368295757_thumb.

post-102713-0-88335500-1368295772_thumb.

Thank you Mickey. I'm not familiar with the area but I'll check it out. A brief look at google maps indicates that there are lots of furniture places, at least one of them should do the trick. Many thanks.

Thanks Utalk, it looks like it's the same place that Mickey suggested. I'll defo go and have a look. Yes, I was thinking that I could get a yellow flag boat to Bang Po and stroll along from there. It looks like I should find what I'm looking for.

If anyone knows of a specific manufacturer that they'd recommend along Pratch Rat Sai 1 / Soi 24 in Bang Po, that would be great.

When I went it was via direction from a poster here, forget his name. Here were his directions:

I can't recommend any business in particular, I was there to just buy some decorative doors. I would see what they have made in their shops and decide upon that (if it is up to par or not).

Up in Bangsu there is a whole area of woodworking and manufactuer's - tables, chairs, doors, etc. Nancy Chandler's map calls it 'The Wood Street" Prachana Rumit. Head over near the Bangsu MRT, then towards the Lotus Tesco - the next street after the one by the canal my map calls Pracharai. Well you know how it is with names... Anyway head up there and turn left down some of those sois and it's one wood working factory or store after another. Closed Sundays.

I bought some things in the parking lot of Home Plus Ladprao. The make it up in CM to order. It's nice and reasonable. The finish was cheap. If I buy more maybe I'd finish myself or have more explict instructions. A good oil and more elbow grease is all it needs.

Edited by utalkin2me