Can't Get Firefox's Stealthy Icon To Appear On Mac Taskbar

Trevor25222

I install and Stealthy 2.5 appears under Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions but the red/green activation icon doesn't appear next to the home page icon on the top-right taskbar, even after restarting Firefox or rebooting the computer. I had used Stealthy last year, successfully, and subsequently removed it, so it's a mystery why it doesn't function now. Any Solution? Or any alternative free proxy server utility?

Right click on the "Home page" icon: post-35489-0-83166600-1368529883.jpg (yours may look different)

Then click on "Customize" (at the bottom of the list of options).

The "Customize Toolbar" window should appear with a load of icons to choose from.

Hopefully your missing one will be there. If so, drag it on to the toolbar where you want it to be.

• Like 1

Right click on the "Home page" icon: attachicon.gifFF_Home.jpg (yours may look different)

Then click on "Customize" (at the bottom of the list of options).

The "Customize Toolbar" window should appear with a load of icons to choose from.

Hopefully your missing one will be there. If so, drag it on to the toolbar where you want it to be.

Great stuff, thanks! Last year the Stealthy icon definitely located itself next to the home page icon on installation. There must have been a subsequent Firefox update which hid add-ons within the home icon. Right-clicking to customise the taskbar allows removal, by dragging, of unwanted icons too.

• Like 1

Yesterday I installed ff 20 I think it was (?). Tried to install this addon (or I think it was this one) said not run on current iteration. Maybe you have later vers and wont install or run?

I just installed it in FF 20.0.1. - no problems except when I clicked on "Enable" in the Add-ons list, nothing happened. But after I restarted FF, it was enabled and working. I just had an IP in Pennsylvania, now back to Thailand.

Stealthy is a great way of getting round internet controls, albeit at slower speeds. Works well in Thailand and the UK for US output. Not sure whether the Chinese gov have found a way to negate it yet. Much better than Foxy Proxy which didn't work for me.