What Visa Can I Apply To, Please Advice Me

Hello everbody,

I like to have advice on what visa i can apply to ???

i am 45 years old, have a monthly income from outside thailand,

5 years married (khor 1-3) have a 3 year old child, thai national, wich i take care for,

the last 5 years i have non-imigrant o multi entry visa.

Is it possible to get a 1 year, so that i not have to leave thailand and go home every year ??

Or has somebody a better idea ???????????????

Already thanks for your input smile.png

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

• Like 1

You do this during the last 30 days of any 90 day visa entry at local immigration office and it is called a one year extension of stay on basis of marriage (Thai wife if you are male) with both of you together and paperwork proving income of bank deposit and copies of passport/departure card/spouse ID card and home register and marriage/birth certificate. Extension costs 1,900 baht but any travel will require a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht single or 3,800 baht multi entry. It is the same process each year and should have map to home and photos together in/around home - there will be a 30 day under review period prior to final approval.

Income outside Thailand would require letter from your embassy of the 40k or more amount or if using bank deposit a letter from bank manager of balance and account passbook copies showing in account two months each time.

The application is TM.7 and requires a 4x6cm photo of you be attached. During stay you will have to make 90 day address reports using TM.47 if you do not leave Thailand.

During the last 30 days of your current permitted to stay period apply for an extension of stay based on Thai wife (or child as you find best.)

1. Have 400,000 TB in an account with your name only for at least 2 months before applying OR get a letter of income showing at least 40,000 TB per month from your embassy.

2. Obtain a copy of the registration of your marriage from your district office to include in the documents you will submit with your application.

3. search TV for full document requirements (several post have this.)

4. Take the wife to immigration with all the documents.

You will get a 30 day extension for awaiting approval (this is routine so no worries about the extension for 1 year.)

Immigration will give a date to return your full one year extension stamp. Apply for a re-entry permit once you get the extension stamp if you plan to leave the country sometime during the extension of stay.

• Like 1

Only thing missing from all the above information. During the 30 day extension period you will be contacted by immigration police and they will either want to visit your house and some neighbours. Or they will want you to go to their office with a Thai person who knows you and will verify that they know your wife and where you live.

You apply for a 12 Month Extension at Immigration in Chiang Rai

There is no immigration in Chiang Rai the nearest office is Mai Sai, except for the first Saturday of every month when they can be located with a booth on the first floor of Central Plaza

PS The Mai Sai office is located on the left hand side of the main road, about 2/3 km before you get to the friendship bridge

Edited by BrianCR

Chiang Rai is a province and indeed the immigration serving that province is located in Mai Sai

Chiang Rai Immigration Office
Last Updated by Maestro on Oct 3, 2012
117 Moo 10
Tambon Wiang Phang Kham
Amphoe Mae Sai
Chiang Rai 57130
Phone: 0-5373-1008
Email: [email protected]
Service area: Provinces of Chiang Rai, Phayao

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
117 หมู่10
ตำบลเวียงพางคำ
อ.แม่สาย
จ.เชียงราย 57130

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=h&z=6

Edited by lopburi3
Correct name