Thanks Hull ...for Visa

That time again and needed a new visa and although I usually go for the Embassy issue thought I would try Hull this time ..very impressed.

Sent PP /application off at 5-00pm on Wednesday night and got it back yesterday morning in first post at 8-00am....not bad

In the past the consulates tended to just red ink stamp the application but this new one is similar to the Embassy edition with a "proper" customised entry.

Also now that the Immigration IRIS seems to be have condemned to history also went for new "chipped " passports" so hopefully new system will be just as easy.

Interesting meeting with a "bod..ref spook" from the Home Office last night who told me that they can take DNA samples from fingerprints but he assured me when asked that they don't take your said details from your passports when going through immigration at the likes of Heathrow.

My response was are you sure?...his .... was to smile...eh eh........must have been the red wine we were drinking.

Nice to hear that...

Normally get mine from Hull and I will be doing so again next month.

Emailed them to ask if there was any changes to supporting docs but no reply !!

Which visa did you get ?

I will just send in app form, marriage cert and wifes ID for a Non-Imm 'o' and see what happens.

Agree though, they are always very quick in turn around time...

Hull is easy to deal with (when you have the right paper work) and they are also not fussy about not having translations of for example your Kor Ror 2 (The doc that shows that you are still married) as they have a Thai employed, not like other Consulates in the Region (other parts of Mainland Europe).

And I love the 30 minute-1 hour turn around when you visit them in person.

Always excellent service at Hull. Last November, however, they wanted proof of income which I had not taken. Went into bank in Hull and obtained print-oout of income which they certified with a rubber stamp then back to Consulate - all was well.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to hear that...

Normally get mine from Hull and I will be doing so again next month.

Emailed them to ask if there was any changes to supporting docs but no reply !!

Which visa did you get ?

I will just send in app form, marriage cert and wifes ID for a Non-Imm 'o' and see what happens.

Agree though, they are always very quick in turn around time...

Sorry for delayed res etc....But Got my usual Non Imi "O" Visa..

Copy of My new UK PP,wifees Thai PP and our Marriage Certs.

Also put copy of my new 6 years Thai DL in...just for luck..