Sunrise Tacos Stall On The Side That Is Dark

hotandhumid

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One item that's strangely missing is the Chicken Wrap. It's painted on the side of the truck. I had one, it was very good.

I suppose that Gil will continue to add whatever he can handle in the small space available in the truck. ...(until he opens the restaurant!) :-)

Despite starting this thread I didn't try this place until last night...a good menu and I got a couple of soft tortillas....I also met Gill and spoke to him briefly he was sitting on the wall drinking the hard stuff from cans like a homeless man and his speach was very slurrred.....still, each to their own..

A great addition to the dark side this...

Lol. Gil here. YOU trying living in my house with 2 young kids! I live for the moments to sit under a bridge drinking beers....lol.

Despite starting this thread I didn't try this place until last night...a good menu and I got a couple of soft tortillas....I also met Gill and spoke to him briefly he was sitting on the wall drinking the hard stuff from cans like a homeless man and his speach was very slurrred.....still, each to their own..

Lol. Gil here. YOU trying living in my house with 2 young kids! I live for the moments to sit under a bridge drinking beers....lol.

Now you have me worried about you, Gil. There's no bridge anywhere near that intersection! :-)

One item that's strangely missing is the Chicken Wrap. It's painted on the side of the truck. I had one, it was very good.

I suppose that Gil will continue to add whatever he can handle in the small space available in the truck. ...(until he opens the restaurant!) :-)

Good catch. We have added some main menu items, and today the paper takeaway delivery menus are being updated. They'll be on sight tonight.

Now you have me worried about you, Gil. There's no bridge anywhere near that intersection! :-)

I'll tell ya, when my daughter Nicole throws a tantrum, I have been tempted to dig a hole and jump in. No time to find a bridge! Lol.

Menu.....attachicon.gifmenu.jpg

Is that the full menu or just 1 page? seems a bit scarce.

We do about 15 items on the truck - tacos of course, quesadillas, chicken salsa fresca, santa fe salads, chicken salads, grilled wrap, etc. I think that this is a good selection, obviously I cannot do a full menu off the truck.....

Gil

Hey, you think this is a great addition? Wait 'til Gil opens his "Sunrise On The Darkside" restaurant, and has Margarita Happy Hours from 4-6 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with all margaritas at half price with a food purchase. (He doesn't know about this yet, but I'll work on him!!) whistling.gifdrunk.gifpartytime2.gif

This is a very distinct possibility. With the number of Thais that I saw at the truck last night (thru my blurred vision) I think that a landed location would work quite nicely on the dark side, and provide folks with one more food option (in a thin line up of options).

I'll tell ya, when my daughter Nicole throws a tantrum, I have been tempted to dig a hole and jump in. No time to find a bridge! Lol.

I recommend the world's 2 best baby sitters - ROPE and DUCT TAPE! :-)

I recommend the world's 2 best baby sitters - ROPE and DUCT TAPE! :-)

Somebody put his kid into a freezer last week. Saw the article. Horrific. I love my kids to death. We all sleep under the same bridge. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Sunrise Chicken Salad last week. Very tasty. Plenty of that nicely seasoned chicken, and zesty dressing. Definitely one of your regulars, Gil. But still waiting to have lunch in the "Sunrise On The Darkside" restaurant. When did you say that was opening? ;-)

Just wait 'til we can grab a quick lunch at the restaurant I'm pushing for Gil to open. Then he can add chile rellenos, fajitas, enchiladas, and, of course, margaritas to the menu!

My next try from the menu is that taco rice thing. Looks good as described and pictured on the menu.

(I agree on the salt point. Could cut back a bit on that, Gil.)

Just wait 'til we can grab a quick lunch at the restaurant I'm pushing for Gil to open. Then he can add chile rellenos, fajitas, enchiladas, and, of course, margaritas to the menu!

My next try from the menu is that taco rice thing. Looks good as described and pictured on the menu.

(I agree on the salt point. Could cut back a bit on that, Gil.)

Calm down.

I come by sometimes now to the mobile unit, and what I can see is this: people come a lot for take away. Those that sit at our horrible tables (honesty) want laid back, easy dining. They come in pajamas, curlers, sports wear, etc. no way they would enter a restaurant. I might not mess with a good thing.

I come by sometimes now to the mobile unit, and what I can see is this: people come a lot for take away. Those that sit at our horrible tables (honesty) want laid back, easy dining. They come in pajamas, curlers, sports wear, etc. no way they would enter a restaurant. I might not mess with a good thing.

I was down there in my dressing gown last week.

Have you ever thought about doing pizzas? Mexican style of course.

Pizzas (as we do in the main store) need what's called a salamander (broiler). We don't have room on the truck! smile.png

No need for pizzas, mexi or otherwise. If there's one food we are not short of on the Darkside it's decent pizzas.

where are decent pizzas to be found over here?

pray tell

Pizzas (as we do in the main store) need what's called a salamander (broiler). We don't have room on the truck! smile.png

No need for pizzas, mexi or otherwise. If there's one food we are not short of on the Darkside it's decent pizzas.

pray tell

Start with Fabrice. Also his steaks are a recommendation!

pray tell

Start with Fabrice. Also his steaks are a recommendation!

been there

not impressed with pizza or the place

anywhere else?

Then you won't like the pizze at his former places Aquademie and Dao's either.

thanks for trying Raro, but you are correct

i did not like Dao cafe

Aquademie, i don't like the look of

anywhere else?

OMGImInPattaya said that we weren't short of good pizza over here

i haven't found any yet

Yeah the fabrice pizza is not at all to my standards or my friends from the US. My mate ordered one and after 1 piece tossed it.

I like NY pizza house but seems lately they have gone downhill a bit. Used to be very good.